BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Automaton Assault Questions (Tarutaru)

Um.. k.. this ENM is pissing us off. First of all, Tarus suck and they're lazy and it's nigh impossible to find a melee taru of any sort for me, let alone a ninja. So I settled with a War.. and we've been doing this ENM as often as we can for the last.. month at least. (0/5 or 0/6 now total) Anyway, I'm wondering if when you bring more than the suggested amount, the drop rates go to shit too?

We haven't got a single earring but we usually use 4 (blm, whm, war, thf). We tried just now with 3 (minus the thf), hoping our shitty luck could be attributed to using more than 3 tarus, and of course, without a thf, we run out of time on the Mithra (weak to ranged attacks) because war point-blank with a crossbow is bullshit. We were never at any risk to die, but just given the struggles to find a decent job build of just tarus, we can't win within 15 min. ~.~

If anyone can confirm an earring drop when bringing more than 3 people, we could at least keep going with 4.. or if you think that fugs the drop too.. how can a war, whm, blm kill the mithra in time? =x

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I'm 1/5 or something on the earring (edit: Waetoto's earring, haven't gotten the other one) with 3 people. I did it with 4 people once and nothing dropped, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

how can a war, whm, blm kill the mithra in time?
    I'm not sure you can with that setup. I think you're better off doing the BC with Tank, Ranged, Healer which in your case would be WAR, THF, WHM (a WHM can be damaging to the galka).

Typically, I do the ENM with MNK/NIN RNG/NIN RDM/WHM or NIN/WAR RNG/NIN WHM/???. However, since you said you can't find enough melee taru, you're either going to have to change who goes when you do 3 people or continue to try with 4.

There was an old thread on BG about this ENM, I'm not sure if it's useful but here: http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3805

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

My set has done this once every 7 days since it was implemented (so make your own guess how many attempts that is) and we're 3/3 on Morukaka's, 1/3 on Waetoto's. Waetoto's Earring is the last item I need to be 100% finished on Monk EQ and we've not had one in almost two months. And fuck Lugworm Sand, seeing the treasure box then getting that is like taking a sledgehammer to the balls.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lugworm junk can drop too? ;x We've never even seen a treasure box appear. And Niv, i can only come smn or blm, the whm is only whm 60+ and the war has other jobs but.. obviously we need a tank of some sort. Any other people are too lazy to do it, or.. yeah they're just too lazy.

Buuut.. if the mithra is actually piercing and not just ranged, would the war changing to a polearm work? (His idea.. poor mages don't understand this stuff)

I'd kill for a taru nin with Lv60 capped throwing. >_>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    8)

Polearm would work on Mithra.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    *raises hand* >_>

juji shurikens 150-170ish dmg, manji i've hit 240 (berserked of course) :wink:

we're like 1/2352352 only got hp earring once, and mulch one time... no str earrings at all

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well I guess that solves that problem assuming the war has polearm leveled. Good luck in your future attempts.

LazyShell
    BG Level

my pt has done this bc 2-3 times now, won once (though the time we lost wasn't because out of time or bad setup - just we didnt know that shockwave slept )

our pt was SMN/WHM (me) WAR/NIN (with capped or near capped bow skill) and RDM/(blm first time, whm second time, no big diff tho)

We got HP earring on our first try (and i got), so we're pretty lucky :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bikkwin Barada Iknatun combo do ENM few times
    drops went something like this
    10mp 2int earring
    30mp earring
    30mp earring
    10mp 2int earring+30mp earring
    quit cuss we were maxed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Rora, Timu has Throwing capped at 269 on his NIN, so you could ask him but you'd have to be very very convincing to get him to go with you. He'd have to bring Shamu too though

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I'm gonna ask the same dickfuck who stole Shikigami from me.. no.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Man.. at least you guys get earrings. I'm about 1/25 for any earring on this.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I went 3/21. 1 Waetoto's and 2 of the +35hp ones. And one time it dropped both earrings at once. Terrible drop rate from what I've seen. <.<

Demosthenes11

got both earrings in 3 wins >.>

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It either seems like really poor luck or really good.. those with like 2/3 drop rate.. used thieves?

And thanks for the polearm tip.. we're gonna get one of those thingies from Pahh before next run, hehe. =D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've done nin thf blm setup every time with a horrid drop rate, something like 1/12 or maybe more now, that being the hp+35 earring

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NIN RNG RDM, flawless victory in ~8 minutes everytime. We're 1/5 thus far, with Waetoto's being our only drop a couple weeks back (and my baller 300 lot on it).

Demosthenes11

I always went as:
    war/nin, rdm/blm, rng/nin
    or
    nin/war, rdm/blm, rng/nin

I'm elvaan though D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

My taru group is nin/war thf/drk(me) blm/whm...we've gotten two Waetoto's Earrings and 1 Morukaka (Waetoto to me and the blm who has a melee job, HP earring to nin). We just need one more Waetoto and we're basically done with the ENM. Stingy as hell though, we've done it every week since it came out and only have 3 to show.

edit: oh yeah, for those who wonder about thf/drk, It's oddly doing more damage than thf/war (possibly because these mobs are arcana?). One SA and one TA (seperated) basically takes around 2/3-3/4 of the hume's life. >.> After that, just skillchain with the nin on the elvaan automaton chi > SA+souleater+LR+Dancing Edge + BLMs magic burst and that's basically dead. Mithra is the toughest; our NIN throws shurikens at it while I (attempt) to spam bolts with full racc gear. For galka, nin nukes with ni elementals while BLM uses his strongest spells during manafont.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just have the BLM solo the Galka; it's what I do. '-'
    Flare > Sleep > Freeze.. tuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast