Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Interested in your opinion

Hello everyone,

I am Raivyn from quetzalcoatl server. We have a private forum site for the server, generally a place where we can gather to share information, and flame idiots. It is the latter which brings me here today.

Currently there is a person fighting a losing battle and being a complete ass. Said person, Peregrine, has time and time again challenged the opinions of the entire server by saying that "Any other FFXI forum base would agree with me, and you are all idiots".

In response to this challenge I have come to post on the forum of one of the most well known LS's and communities server-wide, just to see what you think about this person's opinion.

This is trivial in the extreme, and I expect no one to devote (read: waste) as much time on this idiot as the QCDN community has. but just as a matter of interest I will post the link here.

No need to sign up on qcdn.org or anything like that - If you are interested enough to read a few pages / quotes from the link simply post your opinions here :D

Peace Guys

oh and here's the link

http://www.qcdn.org/viewtopic.php?p=243390#243390

Enjoy!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Please enter your username and password to log in.

Vanderbilt Football started the season 3-0. CAN YOU FUCKIN BELIEVE IT.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh really? shiiiiit.... hmmmm

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serif
    Vanderbilt Football started the season 3-0. CAN YOU FUCKIN BELIEVE IT.
    awesome dude

I was so pissed at the cowboys last night

For anyone who wants to view the post use this

Username: DummyPostman
    Password: Dummy

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or.. you know.. you can sum it up/copy+paste the posts

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not working and Nib High Football Rules.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lol its 17 pages long, I could at least post the initial post but I'm running low on time

If it's not working that means that someone else is currently logged in as DummyPostman

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'm a mod on the QCDN forums - one quick summary coming up. All posts are from Peregrine unless otherwise quoted. All of this was the result of him throwing a shit fit because Forager's is about 1 million more on our server than Amemet +1.

"First, you don't pay for an item based on how hard it was to get. The game doesn't care how hard it was to get. The game cares about what stats it confers. Earth crystals drop off dragons, but they're still earth crystals. Do you see people paying 300k for serket shield because it drops off serket? No. It's 5k. You pay for the stats. That is, unless you're an idiot.

These people are idiots. Not only can they not use it for 10 more levels above an amemet+1, but all they get is +1 strength for over a million more gil spent. That's the epitome of insignificance. If a war does this, they're gimp. They have no excuse to not use a ranged attack. Same way with sam. Dragoon. Almost any meleer would do better ATTEMPTING one ranged attack per fight rather than equipping one strength. If you hit one ranged attack during 2 hours of xp-ing, BOOM. Already beat that str boost.

There is no reason to buy a Forager's mantle for that price. If you have one, I'm sorry but you're a moron."

"I HAVE taken economics courses. Amemet+1 is a superior product. And it's cheaper. It doesn't matter what the supply for the forager's mantle is. You're an idiot if you buy it. The demand should be 0."

"Forager's mantle has an alternative. Not only is it an alternative, it is cheaper. It is equal in stats. It is lower level, giving you more use out of it. What happened is that SE added a consolation piece to the game when serket and amemet succumbed to gilsellers. Forager's mantle is that consolation prize. Can't get an amemet? There's always forager's. You'll have to be higher level, but it's almost the same piece. A little less useful, but it won't be inflated like amemet+1 is.

Oh wait. It's worse because people are stupid. GG making the consolation hand-me-down to amemet+1 more expensive than the prime piece."

"Here's the thing: it won't add up. Ever. You'll never be better than an amemet+1 wearer. You can't pick up 7 strength across the board by doing this. You can pick up 1. And you lose your integrity, because your dumb ass paid 1.3 million gil for 1 strength point at level 71."

"There we go with the anal-retentive model again. You want the best...why doesn't SE just label it for you all? Put a big red "#1" in the corner so even the dumbest kids will know to hike that one up by millions.

You just want to look pretty in Jeuno. The best...nothing more than an insignificant label that losers like to lord over people who have better things to do with their gil than sport Tommy Hilfigger around.

If you think Forager's mantle is going to make you the slightest bit better because you're wearing it, get real. If it doesn't make you better, you're a fool to pay more for it than its competition. And it doesn't make you better. If you think it does, it's an indicator of just how affected you are by elitism."

"It doesn't concern me. Forager's mantle has as much to do with me as astral rings do now. I just think it's funny that so many people think they're rich enough to be blowing so much gil on...basically nothing. Maybe if you parsed it out over your career you'd do 2k more damage. I won't. I'll do more because I land acid bolts. I'll pick up a corse cape for my soloing set or something. I have better things to spend my money on."

I'll find more later if anyone wants.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine
    Peregrine then goes on a rampage basically insulting and alienating anyone who ever payed for anything more than an NQ essentially, and also arguing such classics as how many jobs like drk drg war etc should use a crossbow because +15 R. attk is better than +1 str

etc;

its really quite hilarious

Sea Torques
    BG Level

O.O

holy crap - yeah, what cubs said

lol damn that was some fast response time cubs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    NO! because it will look like crap and people won't want to read it.

Create a guest account and post it here for us to read. That's better.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    NO! because it will look like crap and people won't want to read it.

Create a guest account and post it here for us to read. That's better.
    Username: DummyPostman
    Password: Dummy

The poster obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The effect of 1 str in merit situations is an increase of about 0.5 damage per attack. I'd love to see a non-ranger make up for this with a meagre +15 ranged attack.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The poster obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The effect of 1 str in merit situations is an increase of about 0.5 damage per attack. I'd love to see a non-ranger make up for this with a meagre +15 ranged attack.
    excellent, tyvm for your post :D

keep em comin!