Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ask the developers.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ask the developers.

Shameless plug but I want to get as many responses as humanly possible.

As most of you are probably aware, SE has a discussion panel/Q&A session at the iGames events. Well there is one planned for Texas at an unknown date but they are trying to get the questions now and that is what the post is about.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/ffxi ... 63351&page

People might not care but I'm trying to inform people wherever I can.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

If Matt Davies is there, ask him how to pop Rose Garden/Voluptuous Vilma.

Oh that's so funny to me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    If Matt Davies is there, ask him how to pop Rose Garden/Voluptuous Vilma.

Oh that's so funny to me.
    Vilma > Russta

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Ask the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Shameless plug but I want to get as many responses as humanly possible.

As most of you are probably aware, SE has a discussion panel/Q&A session at the iGames events. Well there is one planned for Texas at an unknown date but they are trying to get the questions now and that is what the post is about.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/ffxi ... 63351&page

People might not care but I'm trying to inform people wherever I can.
    Where in Texas?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do they ever plan to make high level fishing profitable as compared to other high level crafts.

You can barely call woodworking or alchemy profitable. But a decent question... you should submit it.

Where in Texas? I don't think they are certain yet. I don't have a date either.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Except that woodworking and alchemy don't take like... a year to get to 100. Someone else post it I thought we had to post them here.

Yeah, I was just saying not all crafts are great even at 100. Fishing does suffer the worst fate I am afraid.

anyways yeah I need them all in 1 thread and one the folks at SE will look at so I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying post in there. Someone can transfer them in maybe, they don't look good if they come from me.

Why are there countless +skill peices for stats which benefit mages and tanks, but only one or two peices which benefit melee damage dealers?

Oh wait, post in there? :/ I'll repost there tomorrow.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Not gonna bother making an account, but if someone's gonna be transferring these to that thread add this one:

Can the developers start being more upfront about endgame plans than they have been in the past? It's not fair to the increasing number of LV75 players to not let them know whether or not released content is still incomplete in their paradigm (a la relic, wyrms, sea) even if it's attainable and coded in but not realistic, and the endgame is planned around those items being more readily available in the future. Details about encounters isn't necessary, but acknowledging the existence of major HNMs that are added, as well as acknowleding whether or not they're not fully itemized / finished, will go a long way to at least let players know that the game has a future.

-----------

Examples of good communication about releasing content: ENM release preview. Lots of details about the system and how it would work.

Examples of bad communication about releasing content: Wyrms (no mention about adding them besides a vague reference to moving mob locations in the 3 areas where they pop), Sea (practically no mention of sea NMs being released). When players have to inference new NMs by new game titles and new game items, that's a bad thing. It's not bad for players to need to discover some things, but they shouldn't have to guess whether or not there is actually something out there to be discovered.

Sorry Kuno but us crafters couldn't bot our way to 100. Soooo fuck fishing? :D

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't bot. 8) Fishing is fun (or.. was before they gayed it) and I have charts and graphs for every time I went out to reel 'em in.

personally i think the new fishing system makes it alot less boring lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Not gonna bother making an account, but if someone's gonna be transferring these to that thread add this one:

Can the developers start being more upfront about endgame plans than they have been in the past? It's not fair to the increasing number of LV75 players to not let them know whether or not released content is still incomplete in their paradigm (a la relic, wyrms, sea) even if it's attainable and coded in but not realistic, and the endgame is planned around those items being more readily available in the future. Details about encounters isn't necessary, but acknowledging the existence of major HNMs that are added, as well as acknowleding whether or not they're not fully itemized / finished, will go a long way to at least let players know that the game has a future.

-----------

Examples of good communication about releasing content: ENM release preview. Lots of details about the system and how it would work.

Examples of bad communication about releasing content: Wyrms (no mention about adding them besides a vague reference to moving mob locations in the 3 areas where they pop), Sea (practically no mention of sea NMs being released). When players have to inference new NMs by new game titles and new game items, that's a bad thing. It's not bad for players to need to discover some things, but they shouldn't have to guess whether or not there is actually something out there to be discovered.

Don't they release a magazine in japan every other month or something that has details on what was released as far as big patches go?

Skilling up on fishing takes forever now... I could have sworn that one update was suppose to make skilling faster...

Doesn't matter if you personally bot. Everyone who does or did ruined the profit for you. Blame them.

i think my question would be something like - - - why is it that every time theres a real problem we're told to send a message over POL to some branch of S-E, where we are told we will never get a response but someone "cares" - - even though clearly no one gives a shit because 99% of the money items in this game are camped by fucking gay chinese gilseller assholes... - - - and then i'd jump over the desk and proceed to strangle the guy in charge of the "30 minute rule" for GM calls.

I'd like to ask why we don't get more compensation when they fuck up.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's why I stopped mwm. X)

>I could have sworn that one update was suppose to make skilling faster...

That was the trick. Before you skilled up 'slowly' but you didn't waste time fighting the fish. Now you skill up 'fast' but you spend more time killing the fish & you only get skill if you press enter at low health/it's dead.

Black Belt
    BG Level

maybe those Treasures you get from high level fishing have Venemous Claws in them.

---

like 3 or 4 years ago my cousin linked me to a beta for Priston Tale, some Korean MMORPG, since i'm not Korean i played it for like 2 minutes and uninstalled it. to this day, i still get monthly (or bi-weekly) e-mail updates from them.

why can't SE do this?