Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Claim Penalty...JP-safe?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Claim Penalty...JP-safe?

Okay so right now it's 3:30am PST and I'm camping an NM I happen to frequent kinda often, though it's infested with gilsellers they are retarded and I usually win. Because I say that I bet I'll lose tonight. In any event, I've started to notice a pattern.

When I camp late night, much like now, the penalty will occur for a rather signifcant time after pop.

When I camp in the morning, there is seemingly no penalty at all.

When I camp in the afternoon, the penalty is rather short, sometimes doesn't exist.

When I camp in the evening, there is always a penalty right after pop.

So, there seems to be a pattern. The more it is into JP time, the worse the penalty is. But when it's in NA primetime, there is seemingly no penalty. I doubt SE would be that smart as to do that to help out against JP latency, but it seems to be a consistent pattern. Anyone else notice it?

Jpn prime time has more people on the whole server. So that would probably explain latency issues and give you your answer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Latency would have nothing to do with the penalty. I'm saying they extend the penalty because of the overall lag on the server, more specifically because of JP primetime.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Latency would have nothing to do with the penalty. I'm saying they extend the penalty because of the overall lag on the server, more specifically because of JP primetime.

Jpn prime time has more people on the whole server. So that would probably explain latency issues and give you your answer.

lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Latency = Lag.. ftw.