+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Family Guy rips off the Simpsons

I have been saying this for years.... YEARS I TELL YOU YEARS!!!!

http://familyguyripsoffthesimpsons.ytmnd.com/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Family Guy > The Simpsons

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Family Guy > The Simpsons

New Merits
    BG Level

The Simpsons > Family Guy
    fixed

The Simpsons 10 years ago > Family Guy
    Family Guy > The Simpons Now
    Fixed.

im impressed with the simpsons this year so far, definately an improvement for the last few seasons of shit. on the same note, i like last seasons family guy more than this one so far O.O.

"Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off."

Well, give this season of Family Guy time to pick up. Remember last season started with that Mel Gibson episode. And from there it went wild!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    The Simpsons 10 years ago > Family Guy
    Family Guy > The Simpons Now
    Fixed.
    Though I enjoy Family Guy so much more than I ever enjoyed The Simpsons in it's "prime", that really is the best way to put it. The Simpsons is a joke now where every episode is a piss-poor written script based around the inclusion of some random celebrity. Why is it any surprise that some episodes of FG happen to include elements of ideas included in similar concept that has been going for eleven years and hundreds and hundreds of episodes?

And they canceled the excellent Futurama yet allow this shit continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman
    Dude, the Simpsons have done everything already. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan
    Yeah, and they've been on the air for like, thirteen years. Of course they've done everything.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow so The Simpsons made up insurance fraud and bad parenting? I used to love Simpsons but now Family Guy owns it.

The Simpsons will always be my favorite. Without that show I don't think Family Guy would be around.

Family Guy >>>> Simpsons

It used to be good, but some of the stories and plots are fucking stupid, back in the day they used to be great, but that was when there was no Family guy.

Hell I like Malcom in the middle more then Simpsons. On good Simpsons episode though was when Bart got sent to juvy, and Homer applied for a guard position (there was a sign saying "If you can read this you're over qualified LOL) and the manager person says "so why do you like children?" and Homer replies "I think children are the future" *clenches fists* "that's why we must stop them now"

the simpsons are running out of things to do. they have been around for 17 or 18 years guys, i cant remember how many times they have reused every single possible plot twist.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As long as you only watch it 2 times a week, it´s still like new.
    -T.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    "Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off."
    somebody used that sound clip in a ytmnd about ff12 and how long its taken. its a funny as hell sound clip.

http://finalfantasyxiidelay.ytmnd.com

family guy is by far greater than the simpsons now.

hahaha xav thats classic.

Honestly, Family guy is WAY too inconsistent to ever top the Simpsons in its prime. Around seasons 5-9, there was nary a bad show. Family guy...you can go a whole episode without laughing, or you can laugh the entire time. It all depends on how esoteric the humor is on that episode, or whether you get some of the obscure references.

Another flaw with family guy is the terrible timing they sometimes have. Yeah, the stewie monologue about the novel was good..but it was too long. The last episode really killed me with the 5 minutes sequence about Bewitched...because you knew exactly what was going ot happen, yet you still had to wait for it. Oh, and the sequence with stewie dressed in a wig...I had no clue what they were referencing so I spend 4 minutes not laughing because it wasn't funny without knowing the reference.

Simpsons is past its prime...but it will always be the better series in its prime.

No one is doubting that the simpsons was better before (in it's prime as you say). But here and now, Family guy owns it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The part with Stewie in the wig was from the movie Tootsie. Honestly, I think Family Guy is a lot more intelligent than the Simpsons, even in its prime. I would say it is as intelligent as the Critic was, but does not come off as "too smart for the room" because of the liberal application of fart jokes. (And yes, the Critic owned the Simpsons too.)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion