Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Hmm... What are the rules on Mobs that have been CFH?

I was wondering what the rules were on mobs that have been CFH.... I know that they turn back claimable when all the people that have hit it have disengaged/zoned/died... Which leads me to think. In an age where most respectable HNM:LS's won't claim your kirin as your fighting it.... I was wondering... what if..... hehe.. you CFH on Kirin have like 30 ppl beat the snot out of it to a sliver or live..... everyone logs... and its goes yellow... Logs back in and then Finish it off in the right party...

Would that work??? or will the K-Man just heal to 100% and we gotta do work again o.O...

Anyone ever tried this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

sounds like you are setting yurself up to have yur kirin stolen by gilsellers @ .01%

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sounds like a bigger hassle than just killing him the traditional way.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Kirin @ white for even a few seconds will regen a shitload back. Would be a lot of needless death for a small window of opportunity.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

blah

cfh mobs always regen full (or near) full before they turn white again...this is mainly for one reason...
    think how easy all the mobs would be in the game if it would turn white after losing all aggro. 50 ppl on tiamat or vrtra at the same time til 1% then everyone log and then have a few spells dropped on it at the end.

we had a hakutaku CFH'd at 1% everyone died or logged and when the last person did whatever, turned yellow at about 90% regen.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: blah

Quote Originally Posted by savageboy
    cfh mobs always regen full (or near) full before they turn white again...this is mainly for one reason...
    think how easy all the mobs would be in the game if it would turn white after losing all aggro. 50 ppl on tiamat or vrtra at the same time til 1% then everyone log and then have a few spells dropped on it at the end.
    Think Dynamis Lord style.

Dynamis Lord has like 60,000 HP but you can deal decent physical / magic damage on it. On Vrtra you'd be lucky to hit 600-700 ES Thundaga 3 w/o MB.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Dynamis Lord has like 60,000 HP but you can deal decent physical / magic damage on it. On Vrtra you'd be lucky to hit 600-700 ES Thundaga 3 w/o MB.
    Well, my points was if you CFH Vrtra and then nuke it shitless with 50+ to 1% then have everyone log out with a small PT on the side to claim as soon as CFH wears...

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Well, my points was if you CFH Vrtra and then nuke it shitless with 50+ to 1% then have everyone log out with a small PT on the side to claim as soon as CFH wears...
    Vrtra's killable in under an hour and a half to begin with, and BG's not the first group to do it.

Honestly, if you know how to do it, it's really really easy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yah

but thats not the point...the point is why cfh mobs regen full or almost full before yellowing

because it would be overpowered.

It would basically allow you to fight any monster in the game without alliance restrictions. The restriction of only allowing 18 people to deal damage at once makes HNM really interesting, because you develop strategies that involve member/party swapping to deal more damage.

The game would be too easy if you could just zerg everything with CFH and then get the items in the end.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Vrtra's killable in under an hour and a half to begin with, and BG's not the first group to do it.

Honestly, if you know how to do it, it's really really easy.
    I was using Vrtra as an example.. Replace with whatever HNM you want.