Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Dynamis-BCD : smooth mega boss pull tip?

we have been able to reach the eye all the time, but apparently cant pull it smoothly. Our thf would shoot eye.. get hate, dragon pop, chases thf out.. our vokers would provoke the eye to hold til thf reaches Trail Marking..

apparently Thf never made it cuz for some odd reason, dragon keeps coming back or aggro/attack the Angra vokers.

note: we have 2-4 vokers to rotate on eyes..no attack..just pure voke.

does using any sort of poison potion after THF has pull cause any hate reset on vokers?

I believe that for assisting mobs their target is reset every time their master switches hate.

But don't take my word for it, I've never even been to Dynamis-Beaucedine.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's difficult... You have to basically have two pullers... One on Angry Mangina to get the dragons, then a second "weak" one on boss himself. From there, that second person, perferably a NIN, will kite him for about 5-10 minutes. Roughly until the THF dies or reaches the zone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

we usually have a PLD (with crimson cuisses) get the dragons and bring them all to zone, while another PLD holds the eye WITHOUT engaging or dealing any damage to it.

Alliances only engage and kill the eye when the dragons have been brought to the entrance, which leaves 4 minutes or so to kill the eye, before they come back.

And after that, welcome to hell...I mean Xarcabard

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    we usually have a PLD (with crimson cuisses) get the dragons and bring them all to zone, while another PLD holds the eye WITHOUT engaging or dealing any damage to it.

Alliances only engage and kill the eye when the dragons have been brought to the entrance, which leaves 4 minutes or so to kill the eye, before they come back.

And after that, welcome to hell...I mean Xarcabard
    I thought wearing cuisses didn't really help much because the mob's speed will increase proportionally to yours so it'd be like you aren't wearing them and that the cuisses are only really useful to get away from casts like meteor, stonega, stone V, etc

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Whenever my ls does this, we all line up along the eastern wall right at the bottom of the ramp towards feiyin, we rest to full (we never rest during pull) then thf will shoot Angra Mainyu dragons will spawn and the THF will run towards the ramp.

Once at the ramp we have a rng shadowbind angra mainyu while the thf continues to train the 4 dragons towards trail markings. Typically we allow 8-10 minutes of training so we can dispose of Angra before dragons are anywhere close to coming back to us.

While we wait, rng's just go through a shadowbind order and sorta kite it around while waiting on timers if needed.

During the pull we never engage angra or cast any spell or even provoke, just shadowbind. Works everytime for us.

Good idea is to have SMN keep carby on Angra Mainyu once you engage it so when it warps Carby will run to Angra and everyone else can follow carby.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

these are some great tips guy much appreciated. Will give it a shot. the RNG shadowbind is new to me, but hmm looks good.

question:

When you guys are holding the eye, does he ever do AOE sleega? or does he do this only if hate is reset? we have this problem a few time. Angra aoe sleep our voke rotation team... and the rest is HELL.

The eye kiters should be using poison pots to wake up immediatly after sleep.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana
    The eye kiters should be using poison pots to wake up immediatly after sleep.
    that was our problem.. .. when THF pull the 4 dragons and kiters use poison pot, the dragon went after kiters and stop following THF... so i assume the using the poison pot reset hate and puts it on the kiter...

i think for our next run, we wont use any more pots and rather have kiters far enuff to prevent total aoe sleep.

Just use the pots before pulling maybe?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Just use the pots before pulling maybe?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

This is how we do it.
    Have the kiter(we have thf) go in and aggro while 2 plds just stand thar and provoke angra. No need to kite angra since he won't attack, he just does some harmless enfeebles.

All other ppl is just standing above the slope(to the left if you're the thief running away from dragons).

Let the thief run for like 10 mins and then we simply go down and kill the eye, always worked.