wind

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Do you want Gravity/Silence to stick more

Or Paralyze/Bind/Blizzard3(aero is a shitty nuke)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Or you can always ask what your other ls member did and do the opposite so you can cover both sets of enfeebles during something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wind if you want to be cool like Avesta.

Akiro

bert? cool? hmmm...

Enfeebling magic is useless!

Buuuuuuut, a combo of Ice/earth/wind is good, like 2/1/3

i was thinking that to pull an avesta, i should do 5 ice, because he rapes bind
    my rdm wont really be used on wyrms etc, except for maybe rdm/drk stunning, because i dont have crimson mask or af2 head or enfeeble earring or dalmatica or any of that fun stuff, so i thought i might focus it on soloing and stuff

i dunno, its tearing up my heart and no matter what i do i feel the same

I'm going Wind all the way but that's just me >.>

Aero III isn't THAT bad of a nuke for RDM considering the current "endgame" choices. On Light, Thunder 3 obviously is better choice for MB, Darkness - Blizzard 3, but when you're in say KRT (where bones a) are Earth based, therefore resist Thunder-magic more easily, and b) are undead, so Blizzard seems kinda moot to use, not like you're going to make Darkness on 'em <.>) Aero III seems to be better choice (imo).

That, and I seriously have issues with Fire III getting resisted a lot, don't ask me why, but I'm wondering if that Fire Staff is doing anything -.-;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i was thinking that to pull an avesta, i should do 5 ice, because he rapes bind
    my rdm wont really be used on wyrms etc, except for maybe rdm/drk stunning, because i dont have crimson mask or af2 head or enfeeble earring or dalmatica or any of that fun stuff, so i thought i might focus it on soloing and stuff

i dunno, its tearing up my heart and no matter what i do i feel the same
    From what I've seen, Avesta get's 0 resists on Gravity, but he does get resisted on Binds. I think Gravity is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

that'd be good if you could have 6 merits into RDM Category :\ 5 Merit Levels per each job category. Wind to 5 is nice. But perhaps Wind to 3 and then Ice to 2. You can always lower the Ice and raise Wind up after if you don't mind exping a bit more XD or you could be "cool" like that other person I remember seeing on another forum with convert to 5 (such a stupid waste of Merits in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

that'd be good if you could have 6 merits into RDM Category :\ 5 Merit Levels per each job category. Wind to 5 is nice. But perhaps Wind to 3 and then Ice to 2. You can always lower the Ice and raise Wind up after if you don't mind exping a bit more XD or you could be "cool" like that other person I remember seeing on another forum with convert to 5 (such a stupid waste of Merits in my opinion)
    Damn it, that's right XD I got Enfeebling and Job specific mixed up in anycase 2/3 (wind or ice) would be a good all round thing... i'm not to keen on specializing on 1 element considering if you fight a mob or mobs with resistance to the element or the spell(s) in question then you're screwed, then again if a mob has that kinda resistance I doubt whatever you did merit wise would matter. =/

Ice.

Elemental Magic Skill.

Since you have BLM and RDM, it's by far the best application of your merits. You'd be able to toss BlizIIIs with decent accuracy too, in addition to being able to toss down that Bind.

Truth I don't think that wind is all that terribly useful. Gravity for KB, Oryu, and Kirin at most. Silence for Suzaku. Other than that.. for most end game stuff that I have trouble sticking I think I'd rather get paralyze in there or have a more effective Blizzard 3 or bind better. Seeing as how paralyze could make KB's Meteor fail (atleast the KS99 one).. it's very nice and all :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I personally planned to merit Ice when I ever level'd RDM. Then stack up on mnd gear and hope para proc'd alot and didnt make my xp worthless. :E

I'm still deciding.. cause I still want wind up a little bit. But should I take Wind or Ice to 3.. hmmm tough choice...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's like choosing a puppy. No matter which one you pick, the others will be drowned regardless.

I regret going all wind. Redoing it into Ice now. Fuck Gravity and Silence. If you can paralyze something or even bind... that's where the life saver is. :wink:

It's personal preference I guess, personally I would go 2/3 on Ice and Wind, remember that Job specific Merits are just that, job specific. So Ice accuracy wouldn't affect your BLM (if that was the factor making you wanna choose ice).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My avatar says "hello" Ulmy.

Screw you