Thread: Paradins Meripo?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    If all hate diminishes at the same rate, then there is no possible way that the mob should turn back to the PLD without the WHM or the PLD hitting any abilities or taking any hits. If what you said was true, then the WHM is shredding hate at a faster rate, beings they went over the hate of the PLD, and then he went under the hate. Now if the PLD and WHM diminish hate at the same rate, its just not possible.
    Well, the thing is PLD also have the ability to Cure IV themselves.
    Secondly, you have a bad WHM to be casting Cure IV. Either Chain III or go V. IV is just an insane amount of hate.
    I used that as an example for testing since Cure IV is the most hate a WHM can accumulate in one spell. It will take at least that to pull hate from a provoke.
    I think Flash is more? I don't know exact hate to the number.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

We NIN tank tiamat, and we've only gotten flailed one time at 2%. It was a damn fluke. It was very smooth up to that point. The other times we have NIN tanked tiamat it has been very smooth kills.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We NIN tank tiamat, and we've only gotten flailed one time at 2%. It was a damn fluke. It was very smooth up to that point. The other times we have NIN tanked tiamat it has been very smooth kills.
    That's cool. Understanding that there are 4000 variables that go into each kill, it's hard to make any blanket statements.

Maybe our LS is just setup better for PLD/WAR. Our kills are 60-70 minutes on Tiamat. The JP LS's that use ninja or pld/nin take about 3 hours to kill. Alot of that is sleeping because of hate loss, etc. With PLD/WAR we can basically blitz the shit out of him, and it's pretty stable.

idk... I'm sure those JP's *may* suck, but this is the same JP's that have every abjuration in the game and can own us in every other way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Having every abjuration in the game does not make you the best

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Litoriceboi
    no, but maybe catch my drift?

nvm, i hate online forums. Let's just all miss the whole point and find one thing to pick apart in each post.

My LS use PLD/WAR on Tiamat as well and hate is fucking everywhere usually. We can kill him in about 2 hours, but the other day we watched a JP LS tank with PLD/WAR and Tiamat did not move once during the entire fight. He never left the PLD. Any suggestions? Our PLDs don't suck by any means, in fact they are far above par, but maybe there's just something obvious we're missing.

Do your mages log after each burst?
    Do you use Trick Attacks?

When we watched this JP LS, nobody ever Trick Attacked, people would just run up and use Weapon Skill. Mages never got hate, Summoners never got hate, nobody ever logged once. I wanted to ask their tank what the hell he was doing, but alas my Japanese is not good enough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

nvm, i hate online forums. Let's just all miss the whole point and find one thing to pick apart in each post.
    You obviously mentioned them having every abjuration in the game to try to say theyre good. And Im saying that having every abjuration in the game does not make you good.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Tiamat is a whole different ball game. LSs have to use what they are accustomned to using when fighting it. Some LSs prefer PLDs, some prefer NINs. Our NINs have a full build dedicated specifically to tiamat. And they do very well. We use 5SMNs as DD, a SAM and a DRK sneak attack light chains, and our BLMs burst thundaga III. Tiamat is no more than a 80-90 minute venture for us. Its all about strategy and technique.

At 50% HP, we have a logout rotation for all of our mages and DD. Our NINs rarely lose hate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

That's the situation on Unicorn. One LS gets a lot of claims, but they're fairly sloppy when fighting Fafnir/Nidhogg. I think they have about 4-5 deaths each run because of it and that's before the wing spam.

Xavier

we pld/nin tank tiamat and we've never got flailed

people who argue that pld/nin can't hold hate are doing something wrong, their ability to hold hate is far greater than pld/war or nin/war in a straight up situation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    we pld/nin tank tiamat and we've never got flailed

people who argue that pld/nin can't hold hate are doing something wrong, their ability to hold hate is far greater than pld/war or nin/war in a straight up situation.
    Yeah, it works great if your primary damage is Summoners. We just like to use PLD/WAR with Aerial Armor. Works fine and we can do about 1.5 hour wyrms if we really pushed ourselves. We're going to attempt Vrtra next weekend.

The problem with switching in enmity gear for vokes and flash is that I have to do both so often, and when you switch back to your HP set you do not regain the HP you lost switching to enmity set. So, if I have 1500/1500 HP with HP set, switch to enmity set, and I'll be at 1250/1250. Switch back and I'm at 1250/1500.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    The problem with switching in enmity gear for vokes and flash is that I have to do both so often, and when you switch back to your HP set you do not regain the HP you lost switching to enmity set. So, if I have 1500/1500 HP with HP set, switch to enmity set, and I'll be at 1250/1250. Switch back and I'm at 1250/1500.
    theres something wrong if your hp is 1250 in enmity gear unless you are a taru

If all hate diminishes at the same rate, then there is no possible way that the mob should turn back to the PLD without the WHM or the PLD hitting any abilities or taking any hits. If what you said was true, then the WHM is shredding hate at a faster rate, beings they went over the hate of the PLD, and then he went under the hate. Now if the PLD and WHM diminish hate at the same rate, its just not possible.
    I swear, this is where CHR actually has a factor in hate loss

The more CHR you have the slower you shed hate.

Try tanking as a Lv40 NIN with Jack-o-Lantern's and you'll see what I mean, that -10 CHR really screwed me over at that level.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I swear, this is where CHR actually has a factor in hate loss

The more CHR you have the slower you shed hate.

Try tanking as a Lv40 NIN with Jack-o-Lantern's and you'll see what I mean, that -10 CHR really screwed me over at that level.
    agreed

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Perhaps. After all CHR is the factor in how long your Charmed pet stays charmed.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol... Just tried Tiamat last night with 3 PLD/NIN's because it was 2am and only had 1 WHM. The hate difference between PLD/WAR with AA and PLD/NIN is just laughable. PLD/WAR 4tw

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Perhaps. After all CHR is the factor in how long your Charmed pet stays charmed.
    Hirronimus, as a perfectionist do you feel a degree of envy at all towards other 75 PLD's who have superior equipment? Such as those in BG.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wtf does commenting on CHR has to do with your comment?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a Paladin Meripo thread which was suitable enough.