Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PM6-3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

PM6-3

Can anyone PM me a strat or post a link for a strat for this fight? I've looked through a lot of stuff and found out some info but not some good strats on it, and the people I know that have beat it just give BS, not anything useful to know.

I know the basic idea of the fight and needing the CCBs, I want an actual strat though if anyone can let me know >.>

Also, our setup is as follows
    NIN+BRD
    RDM+DRK
    WHM+SMN
    RNG+NIN
    WAR+MNK
    SMN

Both of the RNG and WAR/MNK can sub SAM if need be. What is the best setup? I'm told we need a DRK but don't see the stun being that vital to sacrifice the RDM, hence my asking for a strat if anyone can help.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

What my group did was using blinks as much as possible.

Mammets.

NIN RDM WAR RNG WHM BRD

Mammets
    NIN solos one
    War solos one
    RNG Shadowbinds one and helps war.

RDM Kite one
    WHM Kites one.

when NIN dies. he takes a kited mammet.

when war dies he takes the shadowbound one.
    rinse repeat till all area dead.

Be sure to silence all staff mammets.

Omega.

Nin blinks it.
    slowly do damage. If things become hectic use a CCB.
    Position it at teh edge and don't stand behind it. He does some nasty damage.

Ultima
    Same as omega. Position in a corner and hold as long as you can.
    Had mages remove status effects. there were a lot of them.

Para, grav, elegy, poison.

everyone needs RR stuff and hi pots. mages need more MP restore stuff. DD needs more Hi pots.

Go all out at 20% ultima.
    Sorry for the bland outline but thats what I remmeber from my run.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Someone, not sure who it was, sent me an IM and told me an awesome strat to use, as well someone PMed me and gave me another. Going to go with the one they IMed me which varied someone from the others, because it seemed safer and faster which I know time is a giant factor.

Thanks for the help everyone^^

Deck NIN out in +evasion gear, have bard sing dual eva+ songs.

Omega and Ultima have crap accuracy.

Paladin in lotsa +evasion gear and dual evasion songs evaded over half the hits from Omega and Ultima. NIN would do nicely as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah that's the general idea we're going with, we figure it will be safe as long as we can dish out enough damage in time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Fight Omega and Ultima by the door where you start, send mages to oposite side(where Omega/Ultima are originally standing) so they dont get hit by aoe.
    have everyone take reraise gorgets. if things start getting nasty, you can wipe. omega/ultima walk back to their original spots and stand their and their HP does not regen so you can reraise, wait for weakness, and start again.
    and slow + elegy + mambo shuts them down.

My PT setup was WHM RNG MNK NIN BLM BRD.
    RNG and MNK stand by mages, rng shooting only, no melee. mnk stood by mages and chi blasted only so he didnt get hit by aoe and unnecasary cures. we wiped on ultima at 1% but reraise and won with plenty of time left