+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teleports,     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Teleports,

So I though I could make some gil by doing some teleports. Considering I've never done it before and the with the prices things are now, I wanted to give it a try.

Everything has gone up in price now and so i think the prices i put are very reasonable considering prices back then are still used today and that is why you never see any teleport services going on anymore (this why i wanted to start it up again) I even offer a high quality teleport.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6921/tele1qm.jpg

How are teleports on your server if there are any and what are the going prices? 500g is crappy now.

Hehe... every week or two, I'll see a ton of people shouting for ports and nobody porting, so I'll do some shouts for 5 and 10k per tele. The hate tells I get are interesting. I'm with you tho zigma, 500/700 is way too low, and thats exactly why hardly anyone ports now.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have to agree with you Zigma. Nobody teleports anymore cause whms did it cheap before RMT because that was the only way they could make money. Now that they RMT or have another high level job, they don't do that anymore since it's pretty menial and pays crappy. Good luck and lemme know how it goes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I have to agree with you Zigma. Nobody teleports anymore cause whms did it cheap before RMT because that was the only way they could make money. Now that they RMT or have another high level job, they don't do that anymore since it's pretty menial and pays crappy. Good luck and lemme know how it goes.

No customers yet, got a few bitchy whm's saying that's very high and some others start teleporting for free but give up after they realize it's a bitch to do it for no reward.

2>5>7 i guess is the new tele rate now?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'd say 1>3>5 would be a more reasonable rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

On Fenrir, it's still 500/700/1000.

Occasionally a greedy person goes with 1000/1200/1500, and usually gets business if they are the only one on. If so, I'll shout offering the normal price and a nice WHM will pick me up.

This is why I befriended myself with "Outpost Warping"

Screw paying you people 8)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    On Fenrir, it's still 500/700/1000.

Occasionally a greedy person goes with 1000/1200/1500, and usually gets business if they are the only one on. If so, I'll shout offering the normal price and a nice WHM will pick me up.
    man how is it greedy with those prices

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I make you right trying this. Everything has inflated so why shouldn't White Mages best way of making money follow suit? If I want a teleport I just go into lower Jeuno and offer 5k, usually get about five tells in ten seconds even if there are no people porting at the time. They mostly do it for "greed" reasons but because I am of the same mindset of you I think it's a decent price to pay.

Didn't WHMs try to raise the prices before when Raise 3 was like 2mil?

5k for a port, who cares?

Back in the day when farming 20-30k an hour was a really good rate (hell I remember being happy with 15k in an hour) giving up 5k would be a serious dent in your income. Nowadays you can go farm 100k+ per hour, 5k is a drop in the bucket.

People that use tele-whores are lame and such 8) OP warp gogogo

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I got 20k for a teleport altep yesterday. Desperation sells.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh, before I got all my OP, I just used to offer 1k for whatever tele I needed, and the WHMs went home happy. =\

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

That wasn't the whms i think. Getting a scroll of raise 3 was super rare back then (dropping only from kirin, adaman king and 1 more NM if i remember) and there was a shortage of it because a lot of people hitting Lv70 on whm and not enough to go around. I got my scroll of raise 3 for about 20k but at that time there as only a handful of whms at 70+ at the time so it was super cheap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

That wasn't the whms i think. Getting a scroll of raise 3 was super rare back then (dropping only from kirin, adaman king and 1 more NM if i remember) and there was a shortage of it because a lot of people hitting Lv70 on whm and not enough to go around. I got my scroll of raise 3 for about 20k but at that time there as only a handful of whms at 70+ at the time so it was super cheap.
    Raise 3 became super expensive when people stopped doing the BCNM that dropped it. That was when desert swarm came out.

I ended up paying 50k for a teleport yhoat on Remora once lol

I used to go shouting 5k > 10k > 15k and at 20k I'd usually get interest.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

Raise 3 became super expensive when people stopped doing the BCNM that dropped it. That was when desert swarm came out.

really? which BC dropped it? I never knew it dropped from one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Evasive Action in Qu'Bia Arena, before all the new BCNM's came out, this one was done a lot more. But once good stuff could be obtained from other ones, people no longer did this one and the price shot up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Whenever I am bored I'll just hang around in Jeuno. Most of the time I'll watch people offer 500g, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, etc... When it gets to a certain point I'll invite them and give them a teleport. I never give out certain prices though.