Thread: Grave Dishonors...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Grave Dishonors...

This evening on siren, the jp LS "Obsidian Order" got claim on King Behemoth. Athough they put up a decent fight, they were too few of numbers and only managed to bring KB to aprox. 50% before SSJ mode kicked in. A random was called for bout 20% in, with several LS's participating.

Despite being soundly defeated, OO refused to relinqish claim on KB, and, through a combination of member swaps, zoning, and intentional deaths deagroed and reclaimed KB, thus resetting rage mode. They then proceeded to finish KB off...

So for those of you all on siren, let this be a warning not to trust these detestable people.

Also, a question to you: would this situation be considered an exploit of the system as defined in the rules of conduct?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

randoming for hnms is the funniest concept ever.

i remember when i first read about it, i was like ".......... people actually do this.....?"

on our server we have shells cfhing kings and escaping to try to mpk everyone else in the pit so they can run back in before someone else claims. we have people invincibling at the tail of nidhogg to flail it, not a KB goes by without someone stealing it.

what you had happen was a linkshell do what they could to keep an HNM and end up killing it. suck it up and move on

deagroed and reclaimed KB
    This is where you "missed" a legal pull. If he had no aggro and his rage timer was resetting, then he's legal to pull.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    randoming for hnms is the funniest concept ever.

i remember when i first read about it, i was like ".......... people actually do this.....?"

on our server we have shells cfhing kings and escaping to try to mpk everyone else in the pit so they can run back in before someone else claims. we have people invincibling at the tail of nidhogg to flail it, not a KB goes by without someone stealing it.

that's because your server is north american dominated, we're assholes to each other man.... assholes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

go buckeyes

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The exact same thing has happened on Ragnarok for the past two King Behemoths and one before that. If any Square devs happen to read this PLEASE MAKE METEOR INSTANTCAST AFTER ONE HOUR.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmmm, about a month ago I think you guys got a KB that you were spamming voke on before PikaBlue even wiped to it. That was as a result of a /random in some tunnel that no one in any other LS but your own saw... Karma perhaps?

Also those little "cheater" tactics that OO used tonight were the same way you beat *that* KB too, since it hadn't deaggroed for over 1:40 from pop. If you wipe 3 times to the same KB eventually enough people will drop hate that it resets. Remember you had a PLD that died leave the arena to go "TP up on bats" for quite awhile and then run back and voke? I don't even know if you guys were smart enough to know what you did, but it was clear enough to us! lol

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Please bear in mind though Raineer that I've only been with them for about a month now at most. If you want to call it karma, that's your perogative to do so. I'm only speaking from my own personal perspective in this matter. Now that I've had a chance to think things over (yes, I was rather fumed when I made the original post), we should't be trying to point fingers, rather we should be trying to solve the problem so that situations like this can be avoided in the future.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    lol
    And here's your ls leader having a 'turbo controller malfunction.'

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9...33620035je.jpg

stop talking about 'Karma' and people not deserving a /random unless you want people to say you guys haven't stopped botting fafnir.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's a KB defect, there isn't really much you can do unless you want to stoop to the level of constantly trying to steal claim.

we are on a Japanese dominated Server where NA could barely touch these until this last patch. Only time any LS got it before then really was mpk'n the jpn ls that would be on for every pop no matter what time it was.

But not that NA is dominating all the pulls (even camping it in "jpn time" alot of times) it's all about MPK, Stealing, CFH, it's just crazy. But it makes it funny and entertaining to watch.

But as for they running back and attacking as much as they can and giving it thier all to kill, and finally succeeding, why not just a "congrats guys" or "good job for pulling it off"

But why should a LS that is trying thier hardest to kill the mob and even proved they could, relinquish the mob to you, just because you decided to *random for it* with the other ls. Such it up and get over it. Try that shit on Ifrit and they'd laugh in your face.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    lol
    And here's your ls leader having a 'turbo controller malfunction.'

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9...33620035je.jpg

stop talking about 'Karma' and people not deserving a /random unless you want people to say you guys haven't stopped botting fafnir.
    Hey anonymous, nice of you to stop in... Where are the darters in your picture?

Way to piss off JP's by acting like shitheads at camp. You aware that OO was there the night TMO stole KB from Pikablue with the secret /random in the tunnel? You aware their opinion of you lies somewhere between gilfarmers and Stainless? Grats!

Yay for anonymous off-topic trolling. Anyone who knows anything about a bot, knows you wouldnt use a fucking macro for it... back then we didnt claim SHIT, that was before the update. So nice try.

Anyway back onto topic, yes wether or not you knew it, you guys pulled the same shit on everyone waiting that day, that OO did just last night. Why bring the drama here anyway? I doubt that the BG community cares about something as trivial as a hate reset. They have bigger drama to complain about.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

for the record, Raineer brought up the offtopic TMO flame. Don't put yourselves on some pedestal like your shit don't stink.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

for the record, Raineer brought up the offtopic TMO flame. Don't put yourselves on some pedestal like your shit don't stink.
    Um... KB was not given to TMO because they didn't respect the lotting/regen "rules" at the KB I spoke of. Not sure how that's offtopic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actools Spamming macro you idiot Locke. Pretty sure if I looked onto my old forums I could find where GTP or someone in your LS said it was that.

Its hilarious you start saying TMO bots when they start winning some claims... but your shit can't stink since you've been getting more claims right?

Actools Spamming macro you idiot Locke.
    Well w/e GTP was using, it sure as hell never won us claims back then. Alaris/IN camped for close to a year and got like a claim a month. The issue back then wasnt turbo controllers or ACTools macro spam ( I dont even see how that gave you an advantage.. just made you not have to hurt your finger) it was JPs claiming shit before any NA could even see it with MrArgus. Those days are over.

Its hilarious you start saying TMO bots when they start winning some claims... but your shit can't stink since you've been getting more claims right?
    We never said TMO bots.. we were told that by TMO themself. :wink:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IN's Front Page
    TMO magically started claiming the past few days (hmm, wonder how that happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    We never said TMO bots.

[removed broken link]

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by IN's Front Page
    TMO magically started claiming the past few days (hmm, wonder how that happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    We never said TMO bots.

[removed broken link]
    Broken link 4tw

However to rephrase what Lockecole said, when you are TOLD by another LS that they are botting...and then you say they bot after that, um....don't blame us!