Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FI vrtra (gather round the fireplace)

FI assumes the position, biting us by trying Vrtra as soon as it pops, because we won. I may be wrong in this assumption but my key rationalization is that they weren't ready at all. And that's usually what people do when they try to want to one up someone. Even so, if they had won they would have shed the title the same day they got it.

[removed broken link]

They recruited a lot of people I've never heard of before to try this. It seemed like they randomly went to jeuno and gave every Tanaka and Watanabe a pearl for this event. Go figure. They tanked it straight up with 2 PLD/NINs (and RDM/NIN that couldnt touch hate) so it was basically solo tanked the whole time because of 1 of the 2 PLDs being charmed most of the time. They only had like 4 SMNs so it took them 1.5 hrs to get it to 60, which was when I had to go to class. They -raped- poison pots, I don't see how anyone could carry so many. When we do it we basically have a hierarchy which ends up using I think about 30-40D an hour. And, from 60-100% they got behind on adds a lot, having 2-3 out at once.

But their setup looked decent so I think they might have it in them to kill it if they get adds down better. Straight up is kind of retarded for reasons that are beyond players' control, but to each their own strat I reckon.

[removed broken link]

Moral? You can't do everything just cause you haijinize everyone's rl to rape 3kings +)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I didn't know Bahamut was Midgard.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The pic with Ed in revilers on top of FI's dead corpses is just freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    I didn't know Bahamut was Midgard.
    what does this mean? i'm interested :o

I think it's about PO and PV.

Something is wrong when you know too much about drama on other servers...

I really doubt Zetah is trying to imply anything about us. I think he's more directing his comment to Midgard's version of FI which is called NewCompany... they band together with Coffin and went on a recruitment thing a few months ago... anyways JPs can't take down Vrtra on our server...

... and honestly I don't they care much for it either hehehehe. Not until Vrtra starts dropping Herald Gaiters...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5834/fiwiped24vi.jpg

Moral? You can't do everything just cause you haijinize everyone's rl to rape 3kings +)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotKuno
    The pic with Ed in revilers on top of FI's dead corpses is just freaking awesome.
    Looking at this thread make me warm on the inside. My Server lacks the manpower, skills and the desire to kill Vrtra. Kalia, if you see this, Ultima may have a shot but I know your guys' strat, throw people at it till it dies. No offenese, but I would like to see the fight to be honest.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I don't know you guys but like said above we can all relate. Totally agreed that's a badass pic of people trying to 1-up you.

<~ Still the only solo LS to kill Vrtra on Siren (NA or JP), btw that's 2 kills '.')b

Straight tanking Vrtra is l337 as hell... but PLD/NIN? ; ;

The comment about Midgard is about the JP LSes, I think. They don't often kill Tiamat solo (when they ever get it), so NewCompany (featuring everyone's favorite PLD-who-isn't-very-good Lei) and Coffin team up for those fights.

At one point, they tried Vrtra, but for some reason, they seem to be interested in desynthing subligars for their JSE, rather than winning the hardest fight in the game. They still do the whole PLD/NIN thing. Not sure why they prefer that over NIN/WAR tanks.

Anyone have any PLD/NIN-on-wyrms insight from personal experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnard
    Anyone have any PLD/NIN-on-wyrms insight from personal experience?
    when done correctly, it owns.

straight tanking is leet i guess, but you have the small chance of getting owned by a phantom flail. the movement caused by the mob on mob bug in general is why we didnt straight tank our 2nd try.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG making fun of another LS (don't matter who it is) wiping: OK
    Other LS making of BG: BAD

Having fun? I sure am.

I think if you can straight tank a Wyrm like Vrtra really shows how good your group of people are. The key is tanking it straight from begining to end. I'm not entirely sure thats possible at all... I mean sure you can always handle the adds but the Wings and sleeps would kill the poor tarutaru's so fast! Also, you'd really rape the hell out of poison pots just to be on the safe side.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus

Having fun? I sure am.
    How unexpected.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    I think if you can straight tank a Wyrm like Vrtra really shows how good your group of people are. The key is tanking it straight from begining to end. I'm not entirely sure thats possible at all... I mean sure you can always handle the adds but the Wings and sleeps would kill the poor tarutaru's so fast! Also, you'd really rape the hell out of poison pots just to be on the safe side.
    the first 2 kills on Bahamut (DamepoOrz + Wayfarer) were tanked straight up.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Having fun? I sure am.
    Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    FI freelotted an mbody for people who never play/are currently leveling PLD yesterday, the day when they got all 3 kings

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    on bahamut, PG&way did it twice out of about 19 times, dying to each loss because it stepped forward and flailed. we also got owned the one time we tanked it straight up, because when it steps forward/you have to adjust where you stand, a few times we didnt get in the right spots for sable breath and got hit for 2k etc. i guess our dilemma is fixable but every time it steps, theres a flail chance depending on tp.

hirronimus, you're stretching it again being the bg hater you are. not surprised. like i said FI has a good shot at it it's just funny how they do it the day it pops right after we kill it, when they've never expressed interest before.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How's PO strat working out for BG?

That's right Bert. They do it out of spite for your LS. Boo hoo?

Black Belt
    BG Level

How's PO strat working out for BG?

That's right Bert. They do it out of spite for your LS. Boo hoo?
    PO invented marathoning and Blood Pacts?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm pretty sure they did.

ok... from "bg is unacceptable within my divine moral scope and must be persecuted by endless retarded trolls cause theyre lol@fi" to "bg is unacceptable within my divine moral scope and must be persecuted by endless retarded trolls because they used another ls's strat"? i dont see the connection in this thread? then again you are a retarded troll who thinks his moral scope authorizes him to make these kinds of jumps.

we used marathoning, which PO, machina, and other NA LSes have used to beat vrtra. anything wrong with that? no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast