Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Found this intersting (possible ff9 spoiler)

Found this on KI.

[removed broken link]

Hmm. What do you guys think?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Re: Found this intersting

Quote Originally Posted by Borisan
    I think you should mark this with a spoiler because I've never played FFIX. Quite frankly I'm appalled.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I think you should mark this with a spoiler because I've never played FFIX. Quite frankly I'm appalled.
    You say that like you'll play that one day... Just play through FFVII again.. It's more entertaining.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    You say that like you'll play that one day... Just play through FFVII again.. It's more entertaining.
    I hated FFVII :wink:

Nice sig

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hated FFVII :wink:

Nice sig
    If you hated VII, you'd kill yourself playing IX...

Thanks. Some one sent a message telling me that.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

FF9 was the dumbest FF i've ever played, you are forced to use your limit breaks as soon as you get them (It's the equivelant of the game automatically using your TP the second it reaches 100%)

Yea, that was a bad limit break system. As much as like the idea of my characters getting more and more pissed until they finally flip out and explode, it sucked. I remember "Ok, you're amost tranced, attack him, save MP for Double Cast" So-and-So hits Vivi for blah points of damage. Trance! And then I would waist half my Trance bar on a incredible staff melee of....40 damage?

FF8 was shit imo, sorry, but the romance story != fun

Demosthenes11

If you liked FFIX, you need to get your head examined. I'm still planning my trip to Japan just to throw a copy of FFIX at the window of Square, demanding my money back.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    FF8 was shit imo, sorry, but the romance story != fun
    I didn't mind the romance story of 8 or 9... It's just 9 had really crappy game play. 8 was pretty innovative. Had it been released AFTER 9 (So 8 was actually 9), I'd think 8 would have a much better point of view.. It's just... It was released after a highly acclaimed game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I didn't mind the romance story of 8 or 9... It's just 9 had really crappy game play. 8 was pretty innovative. Had it been released AFTER 9 (So 8 was actually 9), I'd think 8 would have a much better point of view.. It's just... It was released after a highly acclaimed game.
    I loved VIII. I thought it was great, but like you said, I would have felt bad for any RPG that had to live up to Final Fantasy VII. No matter what people said, I enjoyed VIII. In the end...

VII > VIII > IX

FFVIII was so bad it's not even funny :\ story sucked, characters sucked, music was ok, leveling was COMPLETELY pointless, junction system made using magic dumb... ya.. I don't really understand how anyone liked it other than it did have some cool FMVs here and there.. oh well. To each his own I guess.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nah if you did it right, only one person had to use magic, if at all. If was intresting to say the least. I enjoyed it alot more than IX. I could keep up with the story in VIII, IX's was a little out there. VIII defiently had its moments I hated though, like when you got junctioned to Laguna and had to rest all your settings ><.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    I loved VIII. I thought it was great, but like you said, I would have felt bad for any RPG that had to live up to Final Fantasy VII. No matter what people said, I enjoyed VIII. In the end...

VII > VIII > IX
    Funny, since IV, V, VI > VII

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    FFVIII was so bad it's not even funny :\ story sucked, characters sucked, music was ok, leveling was COMPLETELY pointless, junction system made using magic dumb... ya.. I don't really understand how anyone liked it other than it did have some cool FMVs here and there.. oh well. To each his own I guess.
    i still like VIII but by far the worse FF game imo, it was the first FF game that i put down for more than a week from when i first started the game to when i beat it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

FF8's story was great, and if your brain functioned, you'll see that Junction system was nearly identical to Materia system.

Absorbing spells from weak monsters wasnt bad at all, most of the time you absorbed 3-5x of the spell from the mob, and you can max out walking from city a to b.

But I must admit, ff8's story was definatley Arty, not like FF7 or 9 where any ol' gamer can pick it up and understand.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I love how this instantly turned into a "which ff is better thread."

Well to add my two cents, they are all good in their own way. I just played through them all again not that long ago, and they all have their ups, for their times, as well as their downs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

The only nice thing about 9 was the cutscenes 8)

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I really liked 9.

But then again I'm a girl and my opinion doesn't mean shit to you FF7-loving assholes.

dont get me wrong. I liked 7 too.

I don't know what it was about FF8, but I just didn't like it. It is the one FF that I just couldn't play all the way through. I did enjoy the card battle system though for it. I think the whole weapon system they had pissed me off the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast