Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Lockecole wrote:
    I was 28% of our LSes damage on a Nidhogg we had, on top of sharing hate with the PLDs 50% of the time and reducing the MP usage by a significant amount.

lol???
    and for the JPosers: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Get a good WAR .. give him Ridill and a BRD, and make him sub-tank while being the top DD in the alliance, and you'll come close to the situation I mentioned above.
    This is kinda how we tank him. Two Ninja's and a Warrior for the main party only it's with a Bravura for double light instead of Ridill. "Shit, we're both terrored, voke!!" ftw. He never gets Minuet though

Xavier

Lockecole wrote:
    I was 28% of our LSes damage on a Nidhogg we had, on top of sharing hate with the PLDs 50% of the time and reducing the MP usage by a significant amount.

lol???
    and for the JPosers: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Dunno why you are laughing, its easily possible if you let a warrior go nuts. Mob TP becomes an issue but if you were to bring a few extra whms I don't really see the problem.

Warrior can get A+ sword will merits and +sword skill gear. BST can get like c- skill w/ similar gear. WAR/NIN gets berserk, aggressor, and can dual wield either another sword and spam vorpal, or an axe and spam rampage. BST/WAR cannot dual wield, so you're stuck using an e weapon, BST/NIN loses berserk, still never has aggressor and has the low skill. Regardless of how you try and sugar it, warrior gets far more use out of ridill than bst. DRK/NIN who uses ridill+ kraken, souleater and last resort does fk off dmg to HNMs, with 240 base skill I think, thus why its useful to them as well.

THF is a lot harder to sell and I know some thfs who decided that using 2 daggers was ultimately more dmg, esp on harder mobs. Either way, you sound really greedy trying to justify BST getting something before a more useful job, and discrediting the examples listed gave me a laugh, like Hirro said about Sekkite's new body thread, you sound like the Gaiters guy whos job wasn't listed first.

Ok so if you don't use a war/nin to tank HNMs is there any reason why they should have prefrence above everyone else for ridill? My LS uses basicly pld/war only to tank everything and they are very successful at it but basicly that leaves all of the pimped out wars using Gaxe with thf sub.

So if riddil is going to be exp only why put any type of priority on it?

This thread has nothing to do with swords

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by mademine
    Ok so if you don't use a war/nin to tank HNMs is there any reason why they should have prefrence above everyone else for ridill? My LS uses basicly pld/war only to tank everything and they are very successful at it but basicly that leaves all of the pimped out wars using Gaxe with thf sub.

I wouldn't say it's as much an issue of the WAR's tanking, it's about how your LS uses WAR's overall. We don't use /THF or Gaxe so we wouldn't distribute loot that way.

Basically, one LS has no right to tell another how to distribute their shit...and that's it! lol

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mademine

Dynamis, Limbus, some HNM LS do other endgame stuff that's not exactly HNM.

even if you ignore that, giving Ridill to SAM for XP is like OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Dynamis, Limbus, some HNM LS do other endgame stuff that's not exactly HNM.

even if you ignore that, giving Ridill to SAM for XP is like OMGWTFBBQ!!!
    OMGWTFBBQ thats how I got my ridill.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

THF is a lot harder to sell and I know some thfs who decided that using 2 daggers was ultimately more dmg, esp on harder mobs. Either way, you sound really greedy trying to justify BST getting something before a more useful job, and discrediting the examples listed gave me a laugh, like Hirro said about Sekkite's new body thread, you sound like the Gaiters guy whos job wasn't listed first.
    Greedy? No.
    It sounds to me that WAR is trying to be greedy saying "WE FUCKING NEED IT FIRST END OF FUCKING STORY NO MATTER WAHT!11omg"
    That, my friend, is greedy. As I said, that's why I hated RNGs for the longest time. "I GET TEH FIRST ODSES!!!" So basically what I as told was "Go level WAR to get a ridill first.".. Eh? Then I just become what I hate.

And you're putting words in to my mouth. I never said "WAR should not get it" or "BST should get it first zomg!". I said that player participation should allow for an equal chance at obtaining it. If I bust my ass for my LS as my BLM and WHM and I'm told "Pass the ridill (Let's assume my BST could use) so WAR#32 who joined 3 weeks ago can have it because WAR is before BST"... I'd be fucking pissed off.

Edit: P.s I don't want Gaiters and have no WANT for Herald's Gaiters. Again, like MANY items in this game, they're trash. Just like the Dalmatica and most of the Zenith abjuration set. Only decent one is hands.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Greedy? No. It sounds to me that WAR is trying to be greedy saying "WE FUCKING NEED IT FIRST END OF FUCKING STORY NO MATTER WAHT!11omg" That, my friend, is greedy.
    People are saying all things being equal, its more useful for a war to get it than a bst, not that a bst who has been in the LS for 2 years should be expected to pass for a war who joined yesterday.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

it's a luxery item for any job and one that will be used for xp and pretty much xp only and as such should be given to people who are active and do their part in their linkshell and have been doing such for a long time.

having said that, it really does suck ass for samurai, since they have to sub warrior to be able to vorpal blade which in turn leaves them without dual wield or blink and with their already terribly low sword skill, using a great katana ends up being a lot better. war > thf > drk > other jobs is the order of usefulness in my opinion

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    war > thf > drk > other jobs is the order of usefulness in my opinion
    I think I'd value drk a little higher than thf in HNM situations because DRK is actually able to turn ridill from a toy into viable dmg through souleater.

SAM is pretty pitiful w/ ridill, it hardly benefits them at all, and I'm glad I was able to steal (lot) it before anybody could stop me like a year ago.

To be honest, it used to be really hot for RNG in parties too, w/ all the acc job traits your sword skill felt a lot higher, allowed for some nice tp boost. Too bad RNG is gay now (doesn't allow you to melee/war sub over nin).

I think I'd value drk a little higher than thf in HNM situations because DRK is actually able to turn ridill from a toy into viable dmg through souleater.
    i love you