Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Hrotti.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Sometimes it's fun to just have items to play around with, I bought an Apollos staff because I had the money to burn (from ls sky items selling), does a RDM need apollos staff? no way, but it's still just something I wanted. People have personal tastes.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    Sometimes it's fun to just have items to play around with, I bought an Apollos staff because I had the money to burn (from ls sky items selling), does a RDM need apollos staff? no way, but it's still just something I wanted. People have personal tastes.
    Apollo's Staff has Cure Potency +10%, as long as you cure on RDM, it's not trash, and you bought it from AH/Bazaar/Crafter, not out of your way at an HNM camp that you're not camping. your analogy doesn't apply.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

But light staff is the same thing lol

Apollo's staff offers nothing over light staff for rdm unless you sub bst.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    just because there's a thread on a message board and people respond to it doesn't make it a big deal.

the difference is, you can use a Wyrm Beard for a quest that ultimately results in a Black Belt that makes MNK a beast in Merit Point parties, which undoubtedly anyone with a BB will do and do fairly often.

a Hrotti is used to fight Wyrms, which not everyone will do, and outside of fighting wyrms it's trash.

people are questioning his intelligence in purchasing garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    You RMTed a Hrotti for Seiyru? Boy you are a smart one. 8)
    I think Realm and his friend are upset for being called a RMT rather than people challenging his way of spending money. Btw, I find people who pay 15 mil for sh+1 stupid, you don't see me going up to them and lecture them how they should spend their money. How many people in BG have those? Why don't you go enlighten them about what they should be doing? It's only a 3 mil item, a spare change to a lot of us. To say that he had to RMT to come up with 3 mil is not smarter than buying Hrotti itself.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    To say that he had to RMT to come up with 3 mil is not smarter than buying Hrotti itself.
    People say BG RMTs too, w/e, only gilseller I know on the forums is Fatality.

Not everyone can camp Fafnir 3 hours a day for the next month and surround themselves with people that are welling to do that.
    FFXI is a MMO, MMO are about investing a lot of time to obtain large payoffs. Buying items off of linkshells that drop from NMS your own group has no chance of killing is cheating the system, and I'm entitled to my opinion that its as bad as RMT, just as you are that its not.

FI dominates Bahamut, and they will continue to dominate it forever, because as long as people continue to pay them for items they don't want off 3 Kings, they will camp them just for that reason.. Your LS will never get to fight these monsters if that persists, will never improve, and the purchased gear was better off not being purchased since it'll never get used.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Light Staff does the same thing but using Apollo is not worse. using Hrotti is WORSE when you're not tanking wyrms.

people going for HQ and other expensive stuff for marginal gain is their business as long as they use it and as long as it's superior to what they can get for cheaper.

people who buy SH+1 aren't making topics asking about how to use a SH+1.

i'll trash talk someone who crafts a Sonic Belt too, Sonic Belt is WORSE than Speed Belt.

---

i know people who misuse the term RMT on themselves when they don't really RMT. people are making a big deal out of 3 letters, if you really don't do it, it doesn't matter what other people say.

While I do agree with you, Xavier, didn't BG sell a wyrm beard 4 days ago?

On Asura, at least, drops which are not to be used are generally given away. Probably because a JPLS like FI dominated 3kings for so long, selling things like wyrm beard for millions each.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    People say BG RMTs too, w/e, only gilseller I know on the forums is Fatality.
    Go read that other thread about why people say BG RMTs. You guys admitted to purchasing accts and offering other people money for accts, some people felt that was a form of Real Money Trade, hence the RMT accusations. Like you said, they are entitled to their opinion as to whether buying accts is considered to be an act of RMT. Moreover, some of your members have admitted to buying gil before they joined BG, more reasoning behind those accusations.

On the other hand, someone accused Realm of RMT because he came up with 3 mil to buy some sword. Tell me how this isn't stupid compare to above.

FFXI is a MMO, MMO are about investing a lot of time to obtain large payoffs. Buying items off of linkshells that drop from NMS your own group has no chance of killing is cheating the system, and I'm entitled to my opinion that its as bad as RMT, just as you are that its not.
    You're so full of shit. Tell me why BG sold Wyrm Beard to valiant then? Why are you in a linkshell that do things that's opposite to your beliefs? I guess you're just in it for the items I guess, how pathetic.

How do you even know that someone like Realm wants to fight Fafnir, maybe he just wants Hrotti. If you want to tell people what they should do with their money, go bitch out the people that pays 30+ mil for strider boots, 100 mil for gaiters, 150 mil for kraken club. Don't pick on someone who pays 3 mil for some stupid sword that requires hundreds of manhours to obtain had he not spend the money.

And Layoneil, Realm asked a question about Hrotti, I never knew asking questions is forbidden.

Xavier

You're so full of shit. Tell me why BG sold Wyrm Beard to valiant then? Why are you in a linkshell that do things that's opposite to your beliefs? I guess you're just in it for the items I guess, how pathetic.
    Way to be a fag after I politely stated my opinion and said that it was my opinion and that everyone is entitled to one. No reason to respond with brutality.

Nobody camps 3 kings for BB items, that'd be a retarded reason to do it, they are 100% off the HQ, and its commonly sold.

If you want to tell people what they should do with their money
    I don't, but then again I didn't make the thread either asking how the sword I just purchased actually works either. If you post how you spend your money, people have the right to state their opinion on if they agreed with your decision. If you don't want to open yourself up to criticism, don't go public with anything you do?

I never said he RMTed to buy the sword, I said the sword was useless outside of wyrms, again, my opinion on it. If someone I knew in real life was to spend their money on Kirbies Great Adventure I'd call them a fag too because its a worthless game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Way to be a fag after I politely stated my opinion and said that it was my opinion and that everyone is entitled to one. No reason to respond with brutality.

Nobody camps 3 kings for BB items, that'd be a retarded reason to do it, they are 100% off the HQ, and its commonly sold.

I don't, but then again I didn't make the thread either asking how the sword I just purchased actually works either. If you post how you spend your money, people have the right to state their opinion on if they agreed with your decision. If you don't want to open yourself up to criticism, don't go public with anything you do?

I never said he RMTed to buy the sword, I said the sword was useless outside of wyrms, again, my opinion on it. If someone I knew in real life was to spend their money on Kirbies Great Adventure I'd call them a fag too because its a worthless game.
    I cried[/b]

He asked whether the sword works on Seiryu and Genbu, very legitimate questions that a lot of us don't know the answer to. Because 1, a lot of us don't have Hrotti, 2, people usually use earth staff to tank these.

As for politeness, the politeness of this thread was killed in the first reply. Also, I never said that you accused Realm of RMT, I was talking to the people that did accuse him, and you jumped into the conversation blasting out things that are clearly irrational. Like how you feel it's cheating the system for people to buy king drops when you just sold a wyrm beard less than a week ago.

Just get off the guy, he already got the answer few pages ago. There is no need to keep making fun of him just because he isn't a haijin like you guys.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Btw, I find people who pay 15 mil for sh+1 stupid, you don't see me going up to them and lecture them how they should spend their money. How many people in BG have those?
    No one in BG actually buys SH+1, they're all synthed.

It's OK to sell some kinds of Rare/Ex items, it's not OK to sell others, where's the distinction? The distinction is the EX tag. If an item is tagged EX, it's designed to be earned rather than purchased, period. You can make arguments that some items should be EX that aren't, or others that shouldn't that are, but when it comes down to it, the entire purpose of the EX designation is to prevent people from using it as a tradeable commodity.

It seems to me that you're selectively applying your own philosophy here. Making excuses why it's ok to sell some of them because a 4m sale every 10-15 fafnirs from selling a beard is somehow less of an incentive than a 3m sale every 7-12 fafnirs from selling a Hrotti seems a bit wishy-washy.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltwin
    Btw, I find people who pay 15 mil for sh+1 stupid, you don't see me going up to them and lecture them how they should spend their money. How many people in BG have those?
    No one in BG actually buys SH+1, they're all synthed.
    Yes, because we cannot do some simple addition and subtraction to see that by not selling the SH+1, you're losing around 8 mil in profit which is the eqivalent of buying a SH+1. To break it down even further, claw=7 mil, the profit lost = 8 mil, you add the 2 together, you have just paid more than double for 2 evasion and 2 acc.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    Apollo's Staff has Cure Potency +10%, as long as you cure on RDM, it's not trash, and you bought it from AH/Bazaar/Crafter, not out of your way at an HNM camp that you're not camping. your analogy doesn't apply.
    You should of just said "Apollo's Staff can be resold, and with this declining economy, sold for a profit".

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu

I cried
    I lol'd at your sadness.sry.

E. Body
    BG Level

This thread is really gay. I don't even understand your mathematic attempt at derailing everyone who has gotten a SH+1 synthed.

Black Belt
    BG Level

He asked whether the sword works on Seiryu and Genbu, very legitimate questions that a lot of us don't know the answer to. Because 1, a lot of us don't have Hrotti, 2, people usually use earth staff to tank these.
    if he asked before he bought one yeah that would be very legitimate and smart too. but the answers should hopefully have steered him away from buying one. would you buy a nice Haubrek for your MNK before perhaps looking at the item description that tells you what jobs can use it?

---

i think it's okay to buy and sell Ex gear. i think you're stupid if you buy Ex gear that you can not or should not use.

Show me where in the thread that Realm said he's only going to use Hrotti for Seiryu and Genbu. He asked if the effects on the sword worked on these mobs, i don't see what's wrong with that.

It's like me asking whether peanut butter goes well with bread. There are many different ways to eat a sandwich, just because I don't know a specific way to eat it, does that mean I shouldn't eat any sandwich?

Again, he never said he doesn't know anything about Hrotti, he asked whether the sword worked on some monsters. He knew that it worked on wyrms.

i think it's okay to buy and sell Ex gear. i think you're stupid if you buy Ex gear that you can not or should not use.
    Well, I think you're stupid. I'm not going to elaborate on that, perhaps you should investigate all the possible ways that you may be retarded in, then we can discuss it further.