Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moghancements?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Moghancements?

As far as I know, the 150000 GP furniture is accepted as a +1 skill along the same vein as the other GP items. It also seems many people if not most seem to accept that a Moghancement: Fire, for example, will make it less likely you'll lose items during synth breaks for fire crystals. Now I'm not entirely sure how valid the latter is, but it *seems* many people believe this. You tell me.

Now, if both of those assumptions are to be believed, which would be preferred? Naturally, if your synth happens to require that furniture to break an HQ tier, the GP furniture would win hands down. But what about otherwise? It seems to me that 1 measely skill point wouldn't be halfway as beneficial as a Moghancement that would reduce the chance of critically failing when using a recipe that has items worth millions. Yet, everyone seems to list their crafts as something like 100.3 implying they do use the GP furniture not an elemental Moghancement.

Am I missing something? Thanks for any advice.

They just say 100+3 for bragging rights. Most serious crafters have the 'Your mog house is aglow with an overwhelming <element> aura.' Or whatever the Mog says. D:

It really is +1, so all 3 items is 100+3.

For me, it's too much of a hassle to switch moghancements frequently, but yea, I'd probably be better off using mog:earth for synths where the extra +1 makes no difference.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have Moghancement: Clothcraft and overwhelming Earth energy both active together. Not sure how that pertains to your post, but there ya go.

And yes it is +1 since I can HQ level 95 synths at HQ1 rate.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I have Moghancement: Clothcraft and overwhelming Earth energy both active together. Not sure how that pertains to your post, but there ya go.

Damn, that's hot. I wonder how in the hell people have room for all this stuff. I'm 70/70 in mog and 53/55 usually on inv... leaving me 2 slots to fuck around with when switching jobs and whatever. Forget Beastmen/Kindred seals...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It says in the key items that it lowers the chance of losing items when using that kind of crystal.

However, I think that the +1 is better because there are synths that if you break you lose the cloth/item 100% of the time anyway, such as Hakutaku clusters.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

Damn, that's hot. I wonder how in the hell people have room for all this stuff. I'm 70/70 in mog and 53/55 usually on inv... leaving me 2 slots to fuck around with when switching jobs and whatever. Forget Beastmen/Kindred seals...
    It was the worst day of my life in vana'diel. I had to drop from 80 storage down to 24 >_< But yeah I have 51 earth energy and +1 cloth active at all times, yay

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

GP furnishings + Millionaires desk 4tw.

Perhaps this is a really stupid question -- after all, I am an idiot -- but what's so special aboout Millionaire Desk? Doesn't my flag do the same thing?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

People like to tell themselves that the desk gives TH+1. Usually the same people that wasted money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    It says in the key items that it lowers the chance of losing items when using that kind of crystal.

However, I think that the +1 is better because there are synths that if you break you lose the cloth/item 100% of the time anyway, such as Hakutaku clusters.
    Not that such synths are even relevant, since for any item in the game if you are exactly at cap you have exactly the same chance to break as someone who is 100+3 and using advanced support.

Also keep in mind, your mog house energy and an elemental moghancement are two different things. The elemental moghancent (this is a key item) serves only to reduce chance of losing ingredients when breaking a synth of the corresponding crystla. The energy can have much more subtle effects, one of which is causing you to lose less ingredients, the others of which I won't reveal