Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis drops     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis drops

so yea whats the magic button to turn 7-10 af into 20?, ive herd storys of some ls getin high amounts af , but serioulys u guys seem have alot luck w/ high af drops every run , we had couple this mnoth clead, an farm hour + after kiling most of the zone, an yeilding 1-2 drops

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I haven't had a 100 piece drop in the last 7 dynamis I've gone to. -.-

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

On the subject of Dynamis drops, doesn't the AF2 drop rate increase a lot after you kill the boss? Cause in the dynamises that I've been to that we haven't cleared we've only got like 2-3 AFs.

-.-

not always, some runs we had 1-2 af prior to boss and 7-9 after, and some runs we get 5-6 prior to boss an 0 after w/ hour left. i also notice time we get alot 100 coin like 3-4 we get low af, an runs we pulled 10 af we got 0 100coin. But sep. we pulled a bunch runs yeilding 1-3 af only , not counting bcd, which is depressing

Re: Dynamis drops

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchbiskutz
    magic button
    JP Button

Thats why no one likes dynamis, very very low drop rate on anything (but DRG it seems sometimes). I've also noticed JP linkshells get a lot of drops when they go at 3am PST, but maybe I'm continuing the myth of a JP button

Don't tell people to not come on THF.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

isn't there a dynamis forum?

Dynamis is in FFXI, this is FFXI Talk, so nyah. 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Dynamis drops

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchbiskutz
    so yea whats the magic button to turn 7-10 af into 20?, ive herd storys of some ls getin high amounts af , but serioulys u guys seem have alot luck w/ high af drops every run , we had couple this mnoth clead, an farm hour + after kiling most of the zone, an yeilding 1-2 drops
    we kill 2X the mobs wiffleball killed

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

My LS clears entire zones, we even have 2 THF (one with TH3) that engage mobs, and still get shit for drops. Last Dynamis-Jeuno, we killed everything, activated dummies for it all to repop for both fountain and AH, every mob in the zone was dead up untill the boss, yet we still got only 5 AF's.

Same goes for bastok, we do near full clear of zones and get 5'ish

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shyla
    Thats why no one likes dynamis, very very low drop rate on anything (but DRG it seems sometimes). I've also noticed JP linkshells get a lot of drops when they go at 3am PST, but maybe I'm continuing the myth of a JP button
    JP button is fake. Sometimes when I go to dynamis, we get 1-2 AFs only and they're shit. Then again there was one morning in San d'Oria where we got 5RDM, 5WAR, 1BST, 1MNK, 1 BRD, 1SMN, 1 or 2 PLD, and a couple 100s to drop.

Last Dyanmis i did, was Bastok. Kenobie was with us because he wanted to help his friend Sade clear bastok and get the Brad Gloves. In the enxt we gotten 3 Bard 3 Beast 2 Smn 2 Drg 1 Pld and 3 M.B.plates. To me i think SE changed the drop rates on pratically everything. (that cause it was "Full Moon")

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

we've got 8 100 pieces out of 5 dynamis's we've done. 11 AF2's from Bastok last week. We did Jeuno yesterday and only got 1 though. -.-;;

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

that's because you didn't offer sacrifice to the jeuno gods mr. henry.

I've been running my Dynamis LS for over a year. We attend Dynamis twice a week. I preplan parties in advance (I force people to sign up before we go, or they forfeit 20k). This has allowed me to test out different ideas for getting drops. I've logged records for each trip, including moon phase, who controlled the region, where the hourglass was purchased...basically anything that could possibly affect drops. We have two TH4 thieves and two TH3 thieves. Here's what I've found...

1. Full Moon and New Moon show the lowest drop rates of both AF2 and currency. Apart from that, moon phase doesn't seem to matter much.
    2. When an area is controlled by Beastman, there seem to be lower drops (this applies to Northlands only, obviously).
    3. Currency generally drops from statues. In Xarcabard, they drop from eyes. Rarely you may see it from a normal mob, but the majority comes from "trigger" mobs (mobs that trigger others to pop).

Based on the current theories of how TH works, I now put my TH4 thieves in BLM parties. I instruct the BLMs to attempt to get the killing blow. We have a BLM party in the front (3 blms, 1 thf, 1 brd, 1 rdm) for statues. And we have a party of the same make up in the back to help nuke mobs.

When I plan parties, I tend to group people by jobs (ie mnk party, rng party, sam party) along with mage support (brd, rdm, whm). I spread out the thieves into these parties, so TH always has a chance of activating, no matter who gets the killing blow.

The effects?

In the Northlands, we generally get one 100 piece currency, and about 200-300 in singles. Our average for AF2 is 5-7.

In the main cities, we generally get 2-3 100 piece currencies (one memorable trip we got 6) along with about 200-300 in singles. Windhurst is an exception...for some reason the yagudas don't like to drop currency. Bastok and Jeuno generally yield the highest currency drop rates. As far as AF2, in main cities we average around 15 per trip.

We get bst and drg af2 literally every trip. Unfortunately, none of us are bst or drg (I refuse to allow those jobs in our Dynamis...we have 1 dragoon because I felt sorry for the player for having a crappy job...but she's not allowed to use her wyvern in Dynamis...ever).

ROFL!!!!! I remember that day. Funniest day ever I was laughing non stop

"PUT IT AWAY OR LOOSE ALL YOUR POINTS!"

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nicholas, how many people on average do you have in your Dynamis runs? In my experience I have noticed very poor drop rates for AF2 and 100 bills when there are 20-30 people in Dynamis compared to 40+ people even when both groups clear about the same number of mobs. Have you experienced the same?

We average around 50, though we often hit upwards of 60. We've gone in with as low as 30.

The number of people never seemed to have a significant effect. Generally what made the difference was the more mobs we killed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    3. Currency generally drops from statues. In Xarcabard, they drop from eyes. Rarely you may see it from a normal mob, but the majority comes from "trigger" mobs (mobs that trigger others to pop).
    I hope you're refering to 100 currency there.