+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Play ffxi (the running part) like mario kart, cut corners and save time, good lord people :/

When your Chi Blast doesn't suck, it will draw a lot of hate when you use it on Kirin or any other kited mob. The main difference with BLM here is that a MNK in the process of kiting can still output damage at optimal pace, because boost and Chi are JAs and don't require standing still. Typically kiters will pull hate off the MNK eventually after a Chi, but if you just replaced dead tanks with new ones, a MNK can be main kiter for awhile, until the new ones get enough hate in.

Chi Blast range is actually fairly short, at least compared to spells or ranged attack. On fast running kited mobs, when you only have a 15 second full boost window, they will definitely run out of range sometimes. 12% isn't really enough to make a huge difference there though, if Kirin takes off way across the room at the last second, you just lose boost and start over.

Finally this isn't really a typical MNK role, but I'm main puller in Dynamis as MNK, so for that kind of position, Herald's are pretty useful.

Overall every job will have reasons to justify it being good for them, including people drawing opposite conclusions from the same facts (BLMs saying we have low HP and die fast, need to run more than MNKs vs MNKs saying we have high HP and better chance to survive while kiting, BLMs will die anyway). It really should be based on the specific people involved and what they do for your LS, not their job.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Rdm I talk to that have crimson legs still complain that blm are hard to refresh/cure when they're running like crazy. And that's with them having movement+ and us without.
    maybe this rdm has weight down ;P otherwise i dont think you run faster...

damn you should have bad tank or you power nuke too much if you kite so much ^^ and you lucky to have RDM crying to refresh you lmao

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    the correct answer in general, as you have seen everyone say..

Quote Originally Posted by everyone, in some form or another
    me
    LOL i was going to say the same thing, every job has a reason why they should get them, hell f i was any one of the jobs that could wear them i would say thats the job that needed it most =)

If you have 2+ jobs that can wear them, you have priority other than that i go with what someone else said earlier: Boots go to who deserves them, plain and simple^^

Xavier

the correct answer in general, as you have seen everyone say..

Quote Originally Posted by everyone, in some form or another
    me

Black Belt
    BG Level

since i can't wear them, i say BLM.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    If you have 2+ jobs that can wear them, you have priority
    Now that's a shitty reason to give them to someone.

As for the bad tank thing.. there are some mobs that you're going to steal hate on inevitably (kb, kirin, anything marathoned etc) so eventually you're gonna get more hate and it'll come after you.

naziing title to "why my job should get herald gaiters"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LOL, perhaps we should be a little more on topic. I already said my LS's priority system, what's everyone elses?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I already said my LS's priority system, what's everyone elses?
    Fight to the death.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    If you have 2+ jobs that can wear them, you have priority
    Now that's a shitty reason to give them to someone.

As for the bad tank thing.. there are some mobs that you're going to steal hate on inevitably (kb, kirin, anything marathoned etc) so eventually you're gonna get more hate and it'll come after you.
    1: You like blm more than anybody i could ever imagin >.>
    2: If whm-blm have priority a person with whm/mnk/smn lvled would easily beat a blm for them imo. mnks like evasion on them mages like the mp on them but the 12+% movment speed is what ppl go crazy for and theirs a reason for all jobs to get them.

3: whm wouldn't be using the boots for hate instead for running around curing kiting tanks like stated before.

PS: youz lovz teh blm!!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also have smn leveled, another job that can use them. But I think giving them to someone for the sole reason that they have multiple jobs is dumb. I'd rather see it go to a deserving ___(fill in job here)___ then someone with smn blm and whm leveled who doesn't deserve it as much.

And yes blm owns. (*'3')

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    LOL, perhaps we should be a little more on topic. I already said my LS's priority system, what's everyone elses?
    random among the most active/helpful/skilled mages

so far we've had whm blm and smn all random, but not mnk

Whm / Smn already cause Spike flails Enough on wyrms we don't need to give them more incentive to do it.

LoL it's a luxury item nixeh, /randoms Work best there is no better job for the money. Who dies first on Kirin usually the Blms or Mnks (From getting hit not aoe or -ga). So does that mean they get it first?

It's like berticus said it's a "My job deserves this item" or "I deserve this item" thats why it's a whoever helps out most decision I say. I like what oni said also. If two people have equal participation and one has two jobs that can use it. Then that person should get it. But a lot would be better still to avoid drama. I still think it should be considerd an LS item untill an LS can get more than 2 or 3.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Herald Gaiters What jobs priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixeh
    1. BLM: Kite (only after big nuke, kite 15% of the time) low HP more risk to die
    Sell the gaiters and buy your tanks Enmity gear.
    2. MNK: Kite (only after Chi, kite 15% of the time) High HP less risk to die
    Same as above.
    3. SMN: stay in range of Kiter for Aerial Armor (so SMN in Tank Pt only) (90% of the time)
    Do people really AA kiters?
    4. WHM: stay in range of Kiter for Cure, Erase ect, Aerial Armor (90% of the time)
    Never seen a WHM having a problem "keeping up" with a kiter to do all that.

This seems more like of a luxury item rather than an effective tool.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Herald Gaiters What jobs priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    This seems more like of a luxury item rather than an effective tool.
    we all know that, so kthxbye ^^ its not "THE item" who "ALL NEED ftw", its a bonus item....that's not the subject here.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if you gonna be an ass about it... free lot it between the jobs who can equip it because none /really/ benefit from it and I explained the reasons why.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well if you gonna be an ass about it... free lot it between the jobs who can equip it because none /really/ benefit from it and I explained the reasons why.
    People can and do benefit from it. You just refuse to believe it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Give me one good reason how it benefits the jobs which can equip it in battle situation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also have smn leveled, another job that can use them. But I think giving them to someone for the sole reason that they have multiple jobs is dumb. I'd rather see it go to a deserving ___(fill in job here)___ then someone with smn blm and whm leveled who doesn't deserve it as much.

And yes blm owns. (*'3')
    lol ohh i didn't mean that^^, i ment if your going to pick priority for the boots due to job, multiple jobs help. If a person deserves it more they get it no matter what job or how many. but if a bunch of peeple are going to lot baste on job use ablility, when all jobs can find a use for it, the more jobs you can use them for the better<(^_^)>

Give me one good reason how it benefits the jobs which can equip it in battle situation.
    Same way anybody benefits from Crimson legs, or Strider boots....