Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Herald Gaiters What jobs priority?

We are about to setup a lot order for the herald gaiters, its not easy...
    What jobs priority for you or your LS?

WHM>SMN>BLM>MNK for me because :

1. BLM: Kite (only after big nuke, kite 15% of the time) low HP more risk to die
    2. MNK: Kite (only after Chi, kite 15% of the time) High HP less risk to die
    3. SMN: stay in range of Kiter for Aerial Armor (so SMN in Tank Pt only) (90% of the time)
    4. WHM: stay in range of Kiter for Cure, Erase ect, Aerial Armor (90% of the time)

PLD's Crimson Cuisses > Movement Speed +12% please check it ; ;

thx for help

imo none of them /really/ need a speed boost for their job to be done right.

just let all the jobs there lot it. shrug.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

it is really an answer which helps -_- thx

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My LS give equal priority to WHM and BLM (for similar reasons as the ones you listed) followed by MNK and SMN with equal priority (considered not to be as useful to them)

WHM or BLM > MNK or SMN

Edit: We never have SMNs running around to Aerial Armor anyone. Our kiters/tanks are NINs and/or WAR/NINs so they can blink themselves.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's novelty, everyone who can equip this item wants it, but it's not really important at all to any job, since everyone has a better peice, but if you want to imagine for a moment that it was useful, I'd say :

WHM on mobs like King Behe, or Chlevnik BCNM(tEeheeHEHeh), or Kirin(Kite style), could use this to catch up to crimson legging PLD. Or even for Dynamis, if the whm needs a boost to catch up to the THF.

BLM You should be nuking when the Kited mob comes round your way, or you should be moving into it's future pathing, or resting. I dont see this Beneficial whatsoever unless it's for soloing / crafting.

SMN i can see it useful if they're acting main healer, otherwise I see it as useful as BLM, the SMN who are BP'ing usually stand in one corner on kited mobs, when mob is there it's stunned/stopped so SMN can BP on, then they're resting.

MNK, hmm I know Chi Blast has a big range, so it's not like they'll need to quickly run into range, but I guess for soloing or something, Im not too sure on how a monk can use this. The evasion is good for soloing as mnk/nin, dont see the speed beneficial outside pulling from trains in dynamis Unless they are made as a Kiter on mnk/war, then I guess it's beneficial.

These shoes were most likley made for Soloing/Kiting

Like I said, novelty Items, it's fun, but not "usefull", IMO let the people who earn it lot it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LordWafik
    BLM You should be nuking when the Kited mob comes round your way, or you should be moving into it's future pathing, or resting. I dont see this Beneficial whatsoever unless it's for soloing / crafting.
    The problem is when the BLM takes hate in a kited battle (which is relatively easy against KB or his KS99 counterpart) it makes kiting/running away easier.

strictly for HNMs: Whm

Helpful on KB, KS99, Kirin, Vrtra, Jailers

If Blm or Mnk pulls hate, they gonna die anyway, why bother prolonging there life. Smn Meh~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    If Blm or Mnk pulls hate, they gonna die anyway, why bother prolonging there life
    They won't die if someone else nukes, provokes, or whatever and switches hate.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by LordWafik
    The problem is when the BLM takes hate in a kited battle (which is relatively easy against KB or his KS99 counterpart) it makes kiting/running away easier.
    Hmm I was thinking about that, but if you do sucessfully run away, you're still gonna have the hate, and many times the NM just comes right back after you the moment you do the slightest thing. But yes you do have a point there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If he comes back, you run away again

Edit: But the point is, someone should get hate off of you eventually and wearing these makes it easier to continue to kite until that happens.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

usefull for WHM in KS99 behe, KB, Kirin and Geush Urvan at least >_<

never try vrtra and jailers orz

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have them for WHM. They're nice for kited fights, but with cutting corners and such it's not all that hard to keep up with tanks. They probably enable me to land 1 extra cure out of 10 without seeing that damn 'out of range' message, especially with the nin hax boots tanks.

I liken it to a Ridill. Not incredibly useful in most HNM set-ups but everyone wants one to play with. But, I do agree with some posters above, for HNMs WHM would get the best use out of them.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

None of them really need it but out of all those jobs blm need to run like a motherfucker when they get hate on some mobs. The rest kinda dont.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    None of them really need it but out of all those jobs blm need to run like a motherfucker when they get hate on some mobs. The rest kinda dont.
    Shutup kuno, everyone needs to run like hell if they're gonna die. Let ppl who would get hate and die first have priority:

whm-blm: taru>mithra>hume>elvaan>galka

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're an idiot niro. I've never seen a situation where whm gets hate on a marathoning mob, over say a damage dealing job.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thats it. Time to break out the hexa strike whm!!! :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You're an idiot niro. I've never seen a situation where whm gets hate on a marathoning mob, over say a damage dealing job.
    maybe your LS whm have enmity-35? >.> I see you never look at whm job running around to cure the tank. you r only looking at your own ass >.<

the correct answer in general, as you have seen everyone say..

Quote Originally Posted by everyone, in some form or another
    me
    where's my room to talk though? i have them :/

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nixeh
    maybe your LS whm have enmity-35? >.> I see you never look at whm job running around to cure the tank. you r only looking at your own ass >.<

Rdm I talk to that have crimson legs still complain that blm are hard to refresh/cure when they're running like crazy. And that's with them having movement+ and us without.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I used to intentionally flash kirin to get hate sometimes since I couldn't get it any other way. I don't see how WHM get that much hate, I'll pop a benediction and nothing. Only way I see a WHM getting too much hate is if you have all the tanks die during something like kirin and whm is the only one left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast