Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Speed Belt. Worthless now?

Ragnarok has big stock of them, like 5. Pricing from low 35M to high 45M. was wondering, does the swift belt make this item really worthless now? How much are they on your server?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4% Haste from Swift Belt shaves off 2 seconds off recast timer. 2% less, but a shitload of money saved. Attack-5 is hardly noticeable. Only downside of Swift Belt, ya can't mule it.

As for Speed Belt, I don't even look it up on AH anymore.

Speed belt is easy to obtain now i fyou have dedication to camping it. There are quite a few on gilgamesh for sale that aren't selling. They are asking way to much. As of now I personally see it only being worth 10-15 mil. Give it time and it will drop if people don't rmt to buy it.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ninurta's sash for all the cool people. 8)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Ninurta's sash for all the cool people. 8)

Havn't seen one of these sold on the AH on Valefor since March of 2005. There is a few JP players that camp this constantly and sell them privately. JP players are sold it for 20mil and NA players get it sold to them for 30mil i think is the asking price. I would love to seem them go on the AH like 1 a month...let alone 5...jesh.

I've got the swift belt and its pretty nice having the 4% and missing that 2% for 30mil imo isn't worth it at all.

I'll wait for the Ninurta's Sash...kthx

Sea Torques
    BG Level

guy in PO sold his for 85m out of his bazaar in rolanberry like a week ago on midgard

so yeah....................

why is your server so screwed up

people have problems selling them for 30-40 mil here

Xavier

There seems to be more now on Bahamut in comment, at least no long stretches of time where you can't find one, but the asking price is still fairly high.

Does the 2% difference from swift to speedbelt lose a second on recast, or is 2% small enough to not be noticeable?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't have Speed Belt to compare with Swift Belt, but seeing as how 4% is 2 seconds off recast timer, safe to say 2% is 1 second. Only you can be the judge of it, if 1 second is worth it.

Also I believe Haste+% affects attack speed, if that's the case, I'm interested to know how much +% Haste you get from Haste spell. Any way to find out and calculate how much it gives?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

2% haste is just 1 second. It's not worth that extra 50 million. Swift Belt is an awesome piece of equipment, but I think I'd use it strictly for haste utsusemi macro, and not for actual meleeing. Warwolf is hot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Haste spell is 12% haste (6 seconds of utsu ni timer); not sure how much each haste song is, I've looked into it before but don't remember offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I don't have Speed Belt to compare with Swift Belt, but seeing as how 4% is 2 seconds off recast timer, safe to say 2% is 1 second. Only you can be the judge of it, if 1 second is worth it.

Also I believe Haste+% affects attack speed, if that's the case, I'm interested to know how much +% Haste you get from Haste spell. Any way to find out and calculate how much it gives?
    Of course Haste%+ affects attack speed, Black Belt anyone? I also think the spell is 15%

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Haste spell is 12% haste (6 seconds of utsu ni timer); not sure how much each haste song is, I've looked into it before but don't remember offhand.
    seem to recall double march being the same % as haste.

Definitely not worth the huge pricetag it still demands.

I was looking for a speed belt before swift belt was added, as I started leveling up ninja, and basically I couldn't find one for sale (I think I saw one in a rolan bazaar for 80m?) Now, it seems like there are quite a few speed/sonic belts that are floating around in rolan bazaars, and I have zero interest, since swift belt is "free", only marginally slower, and most importantly can be used for cap50.

With the inevitable availability of Ninurta's Sash, Sonic Belt in my opinion isn't worth anything, and Speed Belt is hardly worth 10m. That is to say, eventually people are going to get Ninurta's Sash to farm status, and generally these people are the ones with the ability to afford speed/sonic belt. There is NO long-term reason why you'd want a Sonic Belt after this, and the only thing I can think of for Speed Belt is BCNM60 and Promathia ch5-3 and ch6-4.

Swift belt ftw.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I just remembered when I was using Dagger as RDM. Dagger speed with Haste and Double March is friggin awesome. Triple attack what? Haste+4% is not much, but it's noticable.

MNK/NIN using Fuma +3, Black Belt +12, Byakko's Haidate +5, Haste +12 spell and Double March +12 = Haste+44% would make it possible to blink just using Ichi I assume.

Not counting Dual Weild and Suppanomimi (doubt any MNK got that, but possible if other job is using it), that's prolly even more Haste.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

swift belt > speed belt unless you're one of those idiots who likes to pay 60mil+ for 2% more.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

well the 2% haste is just 1 second off of utsusemi ni(normally 45 seconds)
    3% haste is 1 second off of ichi(normally 30 seconds). that MNK/NIN with 44% would have ni timers down to 23 seconds and ichi timer down to 15 1/3 seconds.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

44% Haste is 22 seconds, seeing as Ichi 30 second recast, it'd be 8 seconds recast on Ichi, am I wrong?

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    44% Haste is 22 seconds, seeing as Ichi 30 second recast, it'd be 8 seconds recast on Ichi, am I wrong?
    there is a cap on recast for utsusemi I believe at 20 seconds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast