Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I own

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38.../apronfish.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...no/apronww.jpg

Got my second apron today. ;o Going for a third if/when I get my ebisu rod so I can delvl ww for something useful.

Like fishing? lololololol. -_-;

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At least fishing skill doesn't interfere with other crafts. 8)

How do you delevel a craft anyway? Everyone talks about it and when I ask they kinda sidestep the question.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you have 100 ww and you want to level cloth, you get cloth to 61 and your ww drops to 99 or something like that. I think theres also a guy somewhere that will delevel you to 60 from anything more then that but I'm not sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think you can talk to the guild master of the higher of your crafts and he/she can reset all of your other crafts to 60 and craftsman status. (But it only works from your highest craft.) At least this is what I hear.

P.S. Congratulations. One of these days I'm going to level GS so I can look awesome in sunglasses.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Galka in orange shades wins. Got them today as my first GP item for my mule and I'm level 98 rofl, PL all the way!

[removed broken link]

For bonecraft, getting a gp item is probably more expensive than just PL another 1.0 until at least the late 90s.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well gavial fish is never in stock and I don't know any fisherman D:

Current auction house price for HQ Pugil Scales (item that gets you to 100 from wherever you wanna start from) is 300k a stack. HQ Crabs are 15k/each (92 cap item you need 2 shells for each synth) and HQ scorp are never in stock (96 cap item). Leveling in the 80s was a bitch too, just look at how much wyvern scales or coral fragments are nowadays. It's still very cheap compared to some other crafts but drawing comparisons to how much my friend paid to level bone to 100 a couple months ago, it's getting stupid real fast.

I understand your complaint exactly. I'm lucky, I did most of my clothcraft at breakeven, and now the same regions cost 10-20m.

Add to that the problem that profits in high-level crafting are vanishing, not only because there is more competition on the "consumable" type stuff (which includes low level hqs), but also pretty much everyone "knows someone who will make this (for free so I can save some gilz)", which sucks all the profit out of making it, kills sales rate and reliability, and also frustrates the hell out of me because people buy out the materials and then have the guts to ask me to make the stuff for them. Um, hello, thanks for ruining my livelihood random person #12 that thinks they know me.

Last person that did that, I told him my synth fee was 100m, nonrefundable on fail, due up front, and if I hq I keep and he gets nothing

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Rofl Aurik XD So true though...

What I hate is when people ask me if I can make a certain item and I respond yes and then they say "ok I'd like to order two". ... {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} One guy once told me he'd rather me make the item first and then he'd pay me for it, and he had the nerve to tell me he didn't feel comfortable buying the ingredients himself (2.5 million) and having me synth it because, quote "I don't wanna lose my ingredients." I told him in kind words to go fuck himself.

I hate it when someone asks me to do a tons of synth. like 20-30 synths. I don't mind doing a couple synths even for free, but more than 5 it just takes time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My cooking is at about 70 right now. I am trying to get Raw Fish Handling before anything, but I never remember to go to Windy.

One time someone asked me to make them 50 stacks of Insect Paste. @.@; At about level 52, I broke 1/5 of them. It was stupid. xDD

my favorite is when someone comes to me with enough ingredients for several synths and tells me beforehand "if you HQ more than one i'll send you a nice tip from teh sales"...

if you're looking for an HQ and i agreeed to do it you'll get exactly 1 HQ, no more...you will have the rest of your ingredients returned to you.

and my ever-favorite scorp harness requests..."i couldn't afford the SH on auction, but claws were 500k cheaper so i got one of those..how much do you charge?" my reply: "500k"

also, "I"m in jeuno and i just got my heca abj from kirin....can you stop what you're doing and come here and synth this for me?" "you can't", "will you be on in 3 hours" "you won't be?" "will you be on in 4 hours?" "oh :/" "how about in 5 hours?" "6?" "7?" etc, etc...................

i could go on all day.

The best is when someone buys enough materials for 3-4 synths of some thing that is like 31 tier, and you know for whatever reason that they want to turn around and sell the HQ on the Auction House. Then they tell you something like "if you HQ it i'll give ya 50k" (lol). I usually don't do this, but when I do, it tickles me pink when I NQ all of them cuz I know they just lots a lot of money when they were thinking they had guaranteed profit.

Typically when people ask me for a hq synth and the hq is available on the AH, I refuse to synth it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If a person wants multiple synths in the hopes of HQ I *usually* do it this way (which i discuss with them beforehand), he/she will either get
    a) One HQ, if i get an HQ and all the rest of the materials/synth results are mine.
    b) All of the NQ's, if i don't get an HQ