Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

The shield has -25% Magic Damage taken already on it with stage 5... doubt it's that :/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any clue what's the dmg reduction cap?

I tested it on brd... with Umbra Cape -6% (-12% at night), Defending Ring -10%, Jelly Ring -5%, Terra's Staff -20%, and Minstrel's Earring -30% (when in yellow HP) I took 47% less damage from 1000 Needles. It's probably 50% and SE just rounds weird. Anyway if there were no cap BRD would theoretically be the best tank in the game. You could have -90% physical damage taken during night and -84% during day with full Darksteel +1. If Tiamat hit you for 800 damage it would turn into 80 or if he hit you for 300 it would turn into 30.

Unfortunately as BRD/WAR I could only get my damage taken down to 140 per hit from Tiamat and 77 per hit from an IT Aura State with Defender, Minne x2, Tavnazian Taco, and -77% phsyical damage taken. Either the latent on the earring isn't activating in red-orange-yellow HP or there is a -physical damage taken cap at 50%.

Anyway these experiments make me want to lvl up RDM and just tank shit like Tiamat on RDM/WAR ._.; -50% physical damage taken, Phalanx, Stoneskin, Defender, Tav Taco... zomg Hmm.. need to test if Phalanx lets you surpass -50% physical damage taken, but if it's anything like BRD songs and haste it probably doesn't.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Shield block damage reduction is not calculated as a stackable %. It works like, say a mob hits you for 100 normally. You are wearing jelly ring and tatami shield. You do a shield block. first it will calculate the -5% damage, so you get hit for 95 damage, then the shield block will come into effect, reducing that damage by 80% to 19.

Also, I do not think pahlanx works as a % modifier? I think its effectiveness is based upon enhancing skill? I could be wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

No Flame here but Shield Bash is 5 minute recast.

Its defeintly an interesting Shield to say the least. I want to see some parser action on this. As for the BRD and RDM tanks, with the way SE treats PLDs sometimes, I would not doubt if some other job could out tank us lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ive been in pt with rdm/war tank on fafnir, and before nerf RDM could tank behe for infinite time and take 0dmg.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    I tested it on brd... with Umbra Cape -6% (-12% at night), Defending Ring -10%, Jelly Ring -5%, Terra's Staff -20%, and Minstrel's Earring -30% (when in yellow HP) I took 47% less damage from 1000 Needles.
    Could it be that the Minstrel's Earring wasn't on? 47% dmg reduction would be all those items minus Minstrel's Earring.

editedlolz

The JSE ring is a yellow HP based latent for sure and what I've gathered from google the earring is as well... but I can't seem to get it to activate. If it is really petrification ... wtf? Aren't the lv70 JSE rings were supposed to help with the Maat fight? :/

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

JSE earring is red HP. The rings are yellow. Both with less then 100% TP also.

Even in red HP I could not get the damage taken from Aura Statues go below 77, which is the low end of its melee hits with -47% gear, Minne x2, Defender, and Tavn Taco.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You didn't believe in the heart of the cards.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Fuck the heart of the cards its all about the King of Hearts.

[removed broken link]

Anyway, I'm going to try to get a full set of Darksteel+1 synthed and see if it's superior to full Kaiser/Koenig. orz if it is :X

A note regarding Aegis -- it's the only size 5 shield in the game. The Relic shield and all it's upgrades are size 1 until the final upgrade, and then it jumps up to size 5.

It will be interesting to see, once an Aegis is obtained, whether it follows the progression seen with the other shields, and ends up blocking all damage from a hit upon activation. If it's that powerful, it may remain the only size 5 shield in the game for quite a while.

As an aside, sometime in the next few weeks I'll be redoing some of the search capabilities at ffxi.somepage.com; when that's completed, it will be easy to search by all shields of a particular size.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh hey its the somepage guy. Hi somepage guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4