Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: bikkwin bragging thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Well, I have a 48 monk if anyone has any leftover statics they would want a MNK for :D.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I can remove RNG if you like because it actually requires skill to play now.
    fix'd
    sorry, the idea of still doing giltoss for less effect than before while other melees are now comparable doesn't strike me as much fun.

fix'd
    sorry, the idea of still doing giltoss for less effect than before while other melees are now comparable doesn't strike me as much fun.
    You could always sub warrior and once again shame the damage that other melees do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    fix'd
    You could always sub warrior and once again shame the damage that other melees do.
    That's not true Also I agree with Xavier, if I'm gonna be doing giltoss it better be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    fix'd
    That's not true Also I agree with Xavier, if I'm gonna be doing giltoss it better be the best.
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/rukenshin/11067.html

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ya and? ;3 chelvenik is soft

Can other DDs consistently do that kind of damage on it?

LazyShell
    BG Level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...L/slugshot.jpg
    w/ O-bow, no CP bolts (Darksteel i guess), after patch, and /NIN. (not me either XD)

Rng is not really as bad as its made out to be Granted its nowhere near where it used to be, and WAR still matches or overcomes its XP pt dmgs gaurenteed with the right gear, RNG is still a very viable job, especially for NMs where Ranged, or piercing help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Drk's in my ls say 150-220ish with scythe, 800-1200 average ws. Thats with war sub using guillotine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...L/slugshot.jpg
    w/ O-bow, no CP bolts (Darksteel i guess), after patch, and /NIN. (not me either XD)

Rng is not really as bad as its made out to be Granted its nowhere near where it used to be, and WAR still matches or overcomes its XP pt dmgs gaurenteed with the right gear, RNG is still a very viable job, especially for NMs where Ranged, or piercing help.
    thats a vt xp mob ;x

i get 1700+ capping at 1800something slugshot on chevelnik hes a pussy.

LazyShell
    BG Level

yeah, thats the point. its not like the job is gimped so horribly bad in xp pt. Its not like they were ever any good at tiamat/jorm/vrtra. at the jeuno NMs - honestly who cares lol, jobs really dont make a difference. KB-RNG still good, ASPI-blmshow, NID-blmshow (rngs can still do good dmg, but its always been a blm show) Unless you are a tank or mage job alternate (such as Xavier w/ PLD) theres no reason you should have to not even count it as one of your jobs. Its as equally viable for those above things as most other melee.

note: i dont really support the whole RNG only takes skill now thing too. It was a damn nerf. 2 of the RNGs in my LS play their WHM, 1 plays BLM or RDM, 1 plays thief (TH onry), 1 plays MNK, 1 plays WAR, and 1 plays PLD. They all have their alt jobs and are now almost always on them. But if one decides to do RNG for something, its never really that much worse, and in XP its often better (RNG > WHM,PLD,THF,BLM for weapons pts) its still useful for some of them.

A Redmage can get a completely unresisted nuke on Chelvenik, that shows how easy he is to damage. KS99s aren't really representative of their counterparts, let alone the stronger HNMs.

edit: ks99 instead of ks30

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    A Redmage can get a completely unresisted nuke on Chelvenik, that shows how easy he is to damage. KS99s aren't really representative of their counterparts, let alone the stronger HNMs.
    lol
    you make it sound like its impossible for a standard rdm to land nukes on HNM's...

Show me a "standard" rdm nuking KB for a full damage Blizzard III at the rate they can do it on Chev in ks99, please. Remember, you said standard, so they can't be pimped out with every +elemental skill gear available.

Show me a "standard" rdm nuking KB for a full damage Blizzard III at the rate they can do it on Chev in ks99, please. Remember, you said standard, so they can't be pimped out with every +elemental skill gear available.
    In my eyes, a 'standard' RDM has at least Torque and their AF1 hat, giving them a measly +17 along with Aquilo's/Ice Staff for +27. This puts them at a measly 257 Skill, but sadly that's still enough to land a spell on KB every once in a while, and probably ~80% chance on an MB.

But the fact that Chev is a damn wimp with no magic defense still remains. It seems really messed up, I don't know if they made it like LV70 with high DEF and high ATK, and Meteor, or if they made it Lv88-90 with low MDEF. Bleh, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    Is anyone else in NC upgrading besides Lei & Nohl? Last I saw, Nohl had Dynamis Greatsword.
    Fairlady was upgrading the greatsword until he basicly quit a year ago and I think Iverson is/was upgrading the Katana(nin).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Discordian
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    Is anyone else in NC upgrading besides Lei & Nohl? Last I saw, Nohl had Dynamis Greatsword.
    Fairlady was upgrading the greatsword until he basicly quit a year ago and I think Iverson is/was upgrading the Katana(nin).
    Who else on midgard is upgrading that you know of disc, and what stage are they all at? and what else they need to get to stage5? You seem to know a good deal about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    But the fact that Chev is a damn wimp with no magic defense still remains. It seems really messed up, I don't know if they made it like LV70 with high DEF and high ATK, and Meteor, or if they made it Lv88-90 with low MDEF. Bleh, who knows.
    Based on what some other people said in this thread, Chev doesn't exactly have super high defense. Basically what I was getting it as that it looks like any job can do damage there.

What kind of damage do you do there when your LS leaves a bard at your disposal and if you have/had the kind of equipment that ranger has?

What kind of damage do you do there when your LS leaves a bard at your disposal and if you have/had the kind of equipment that ranger has?
    I wouldn't know.