Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

does the kill shot matter?

I was just browsing the Big kill list and viewing some of the great LS' out there and their accomplishments and it got me thinking. I see all these kills on everyones list, so does having a Kill Shot picture matter? Specially now that You guys will be conducting new interviews (another sweet thing to look foward to each month), how do you determine the validity of the kills?

/em waits to be flammed on a spit like a rotisserie chicken.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.theorderls.com/bigkills_bits.php
    Verifying Kills
    Our method of verification is a simple screenshot. With each kill a linkshell reports they will upload a small screenshot to convince everyone they actually killed it. The screenshot has no specific requirements, but should include some element that shows you killed or are about to kill whichever NM. For example, a screenshot including the loot pool, chat log, monster at low life, or monster actually dead should be sufficient in most cases. The rest will rely on an honor system.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think BG has enough people from every server visiting there site to expose anyone who tries to BS.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

should have a screenie for every kill imo...

and an actual kill, not the mob at 50%. I've noticed that a lot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    should have a screenie for every kill imo...

and an actual kill, not the mob at 50%. I've noticed that a lot.
    It would be nice if they could make it required to get points. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo
    I think BG has enough people from every server visiting there site to expose anyone who tries to BS.
    ^ This is the correct answer

Edit: fix'D, found what I wanted, retracting statement~

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

who takes kill shots of Bune, for the bigger stuff a KS would be nice, but I think people tend to self police this stuff for you guys.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I think all the LSs with high points have been pretty good about not lieing about their kills. The only ones i seem to see posting nidhoggs claimed at like 10% or teamed up LS kills are the ones w/ 120~160ish points max. Generally if they can't kill any 3 kings from 100% to 0% as one LS, its fairly unlikely that they have killed any or all 4 of the harder wyrms.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jawas
    who takes kill shots of Bune, for the bigger stuff a KS would be nice, but I think people tend to self police this stuff for you guys.
    You didnt take pictures when your LS was nub ??
    You dont take pictures when bune drops an Enhancing sword ??

im pretty sure BG administraters want the big time HNM screenshots more so then the smaller HNM. those others (bune, amikiri, serket) can be assumptions or played by the honor system.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Its seems stealing Kings is the latest craze on Kujata, you would need full start to finsih video to be assured of a full kill till people cut the bs...

I should've taken an SS the time I helped a RNG friend of mine get Obow (no drop @.x) then one of the newer HNMLS comes along to fight Bune. An entire party or so (maybe 8?) wipe - one of their RDMs meleeing; WHY I don't know >.> The MNK helping us (since RNG was afk) we claimed and killed since it had like 3% left >.> No drop either, we returned the stuff to the other LS, but yeah, apparently people wipe to Bune. >.>

No, I didn't. :/ Bune?! THF and WHM can duo that thing...lol
    Enhancing sword is junk anyway

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnard
    No, I didn't. :/ Bune?! THF and WHM can duo that thing...lol
    Enhancing sword is junk anyway
    My ls was made about 2years ago, am I suppose to keep screen shots from then? I try to clear out old screen shots after a month or so. I can't allways remember to take ss's of the kills or drops, but that doesn't make it anyless true I've killed them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fira and I are kitties. I have a screenshot of that!

If a LS has a picture of them killing Tiamat or another big wyrm, I think it's safe to assume they can take Serket or Bune even without a pic By the way, PO has pics for all mobs.

In another case, if you show a picture killing Kirin than it's safe to assume that you killed the other four gods too... It's kind of impossible to kill Kirin without killing the other gods, you could maybe buy the seals, but what LS would buy the seals and always fight Kirin and never kill any gods? Sounds kind of unreasonable to accuse someone of that..

Same would apply for the sea NMs, if you killed the higher one than it's safe to assume you killed the lower one.

No one ever takes screen shots of all the little kills... Even me, having over 4k screen shots now in my FF folder, don't have screens of every kill (even though I've taken part in all of them in some way shape or form).

:)