+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning To Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Returning To Vana'diel

Hello everyone, My name was Soratobu from the Shiva surver. I used to play way back in October of last year. I left due to family and money issues, but once I get my Xbox360 I shall reutrn!

I would like some help though. I am confused as to which is better to get FFXI for... any suggestions?

Oh yeah and I used to be a lvl14 thf, got owned many a time. So any suggestions on an easy way to come back and start?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

FFXI is now at a non-newbie friendly state. Standards are much higher than they were 1 year ago (EU release), and the economy is trashed, monopolized, raped, etc. I don't recommend FFXI. I doubt the X360 release is going to increase the population much, just a buy for current hardcore FFXI players who wish to dual box in style.

Well originally I got it for ps2 seeing as how some of my friends had it for comp and we were all gonna play togeather... but now my old fat ps2 is crapped out and garbage.

And I am not a noob geez I had the game for over half a year. I just had a shitty job class and got killed all the time, got angry and had to goto school.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Returning To Vana'diel

Oh yeah and I used to be a lvl14 thf, got owned many a time. So any suggestions on an easy way to come back and start?
    You are a newb. You may know how to play the game but starting from square 1 in a world of RMTs it's gonna be VERY hard. If you thought the game was griefing back than, it's a lot worst now.

You serious? I knew that gil sellers had raped the market, and everything has jumped in price but wow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonZero
    You serious? I knew that gil sellers had rpaed the market, and everything has jumped in price but wow.
    Based on Bahamut economy from my own experience.

Average farming back than 20,000g - 30,000g / hour
    Farming silk threads for the normal 14,000g / stack. Silk is 40,000g nowadays.

Average farming today 50,000g - 75,000g / hour
    Farming uragnites shells, clot plasma on Bibiki Bay. Or G.Bird Feathers, G.Bird plumes. About the same income.

Emperor's Hairpin during NA release - 200,000g
    Emperor's Hairpin during EU release - 700,000g
    Emperor's Hairpin today - 1,800,000g

Sniper's Ring during NA release - 250,000g
    Sniper's Ring during EU release - 750,000g
    Sniper's Ring today - 1,500,000g

You can camp Emperor for the rare/ext version of Hairpin nowadays, and it's easier than camping the old Emperor, but that isn't going to solve all your problems. I just listed some of the 'key' items that most melee classes tend to get.

Also, based on looking at all the RMT advertisements all over FFXI fansites, gil is getting much cheaper so i'm sure the economy will inflate even more. 13-15$ / mil. :wink:

Edit: buying gil is for UAE and fags.

Inflation occured, but there is nothing in place to stop new players from having fun and making money. A lot of the stuff that you could farm for in the past is now worth a lot more as well.

as a thf the equipment he will need to be good will cost him money that will take forever to get. unless u camp the items urself which could be ok since they are rare/ex now liek boots and pin although i dont know what the competition on those is like.

Average farming today 50,000g - 75,000g / hour
    Farming uragnites shells, clot plasma on Bibiki Bay. Or G.Bird Feathers, G.Bird plumes. About the same income.
    The problem with this for newbies is that you can't farm any of the "good stuff" until you're relatively high level.

Of course, silk/saruta/crystal/beechip farming is better than ever too...but I don't think it's scaled nearly as well as what you've listed above.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on your server and job I suppose.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Start as a Taru BLM, get to 18

Get WHM to 37

Get BLM to 51

Farm elemental staves (yes, all of them)

Get BLM to 75.

Done. And you're one of the most wanted jobs throughout exp and endgame.

Could also go for bard for a cheaper alternative.

Awesome, thanks everyone. Still I need to get money and work hard at my dead end job, but thanks one and all :D

remoraFTW

Just make sure not to be a DRK if you come back. That's not a jab at you btw Sekkite, just speaking from personal experience.

Wait you played for a year and your highest job was lvl 15? 8)

Quote Originally Posted by remoraFTW
    Just make sure not to be a DRK if you come back. That's not a jab at you btw Sekkite, just speaking from personal experience.
    Make up your mind, are you Raginbull, RemoraFTW(even you have nothing to do with the server), Arauce or Azrael?

Ok ok Im lost... And yes I played for about 6 months, with a job, school and personal issues, So I got maybe two hours here and there... ad I would love to be a dark knight