Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WHM Melee     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

+8 mnd how?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Blessed Mitts +1 are +8mnd

I still think the multiplier goes up even if the WS says "crit depends on TP", usually my Asuran Fists do 900-1100 in KRT @100% but @200% I can get from 900-1300 more often, but you'd be crazy to save up 200-300% TP in a bone PT. Asurans description is "accuracy goes up with TP" or along those lines.

Edit: Hexa Strike is a multi-hit WS, so it's hard to have consistant numbers cause of things like hits missed and crits that landed (and even DA if you sub war) so it's very easy to get the same or less damage @300% then @100%, which is why you shouldn't save TP on those WS, I've had 200% AFs do 600 DMG then i'd do 1 @100% and get 900/1000. That is the nature of multi-hit WS. =(

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I still think the multiplier goes up even if the WS says "crit depends on TP", usually my Asuran Fists do 900-1100 in KRT @100% but @200% I can get from 900-1300 more often, but you'd be crazy to save up 200-300% TP in a bone PT. Asurans description is "accuracy goes up with TP" or along those lines.

Edit: Hexa Strike is a multi-hit WS, so it's hard to have consistant numbers cause of things like hits missed and crits that landed (and even DA if you sub war) so it's very easy to get the same or less damage @300% then @100%, which is why you shouldn't save TP on those WS, I've had 200% AFs do 600 DMG then i'd do 1 @100% and get 900/1000. That is the nature of multi-hit WS. =(
    When lvling my NPC on beetles and antica, I had plenty of time to watch what hexa strike did. When I crit hit a beetle, I would do around 120 dmg. And when attacking with hexa strike (and all 6 hitting = 13 tp) I would do around around 700. Which means all 6 hits were critical. Fighting TW and EP, almost all your hits are critical so there is no difference between 100 tp and 300 tp. Saving up for 300 tp I would still do the same dmg.

I do see a difference when fighting harder stuff when my hexastrike isn't doing crit X 6 and still getting 13 tp. That's because not all the hits are critical anymore. Getting more tp would give me more crit hits and therefore more dmg.

Maybe the TP by Hexa isn't for damage output but accuracy? From what I know (albeit little) I think Asuran Fists works that way. Higher TP just enhances the acc., not dmg. :3 Then again, what do I know, MNK lv.9 >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Maybe the TP by Hexa isn't for damage output but accuracy? From what I know (albeit little) I think Asuran Fists works that way. Higher TP just enhances the acc., not dmg. :3 Then again, what do I know, MNK lv.9 >.>
    Pretty sure Hexa Strike's TP mod is for chance of criticals. :X

Asuran Fists, by description, is for Accuracy like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

When lvling my NPC on beetles and antica, I had plenty of time to watch what hexa strike did. When I crit hit a beetle, I would do around 120 dmg. And when attacking with hexa strike (and all 6 hitting = 13 tp) I would do around around 700. Which means all 6 hits were critical. Fighting TW and EP, almost all your hits are critical so there is no difference between 100 tp and 300 tp. Saving up for 300 tp I would still do the same dmg.

I do see a difference when fighting harder stuff when my hexastrike isn't doing crit X 6 and still getting 13 tp. That's because not all the hits are critical anymore. Getting more tp would give me more crit hits and therefore more dmg.
    It's easier to cap your damage on too weak/EP/DC things, when I EXP on or fight VT/IT I can see an increase in my damage as TP reaches 2--%, and there no sure way to know that you crit each hit, I can easily asuran for 1k landing all hits so at 200% the bar raises abit more (and it's easy to land all hits with sushi so acc isn't a problem). Likewise, the dmg multipliers on hexa aren't good to start with anyway, 1/1.5/2 is pretty minimal so you won't see that much of an increase anyway.

that's the way I see it

Black Belt
    BG Level

not all TP multipliers are damage multipliers, some are accuracy, some are added effect potency, etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I did a WHM/NIN x 5 Plus me Party in KRT. It was pretty bad... We got chain 5 almost all the time, and it was fun, but the xp was pretty bad.

Maybe they needed better gear. I think only one had a Kraken, and 2 Reverend Mails. I was doing double minuet.

Fun but, yeah, not very efficient, and we "wasted" all the WHMs in one PT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysensen
    Fun but, yeah, not very efficient, and we "wasted" all the WHMs in one PT.
    Fun and efficient generally never go hand-in-hand. And waste all of the WHMs, sometimes people need to miss something to truely appriciate it. :D

On an unrelated note, one of these days I would love to try a 6 RDM party for shits and giggles.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I want to see a 5 PLD 1 BRD PT on Aura Pots with capped staff + Primate Staff / Kinkobo. Although Monk + BLM duo those pots real easy and make just as efficient exp. Interesting way to farm water!