Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your server's understood rules about HNMs and randoming?

Anyone else care to share how things work on your server in the instance an LS claims and will wipe. Do you guys random and let things regen to 100%? Is it a vokefest? Things on Siren used to be civil, when legit Linkshells actually camped things, but now every small LS wants a chance at whatever they can get, its been impossible to have a drama-free camp, where people respect the rules which have been upheld for years now on Siren.

You have LSes not respecting randoms, teaming up with 3-5 LSes, people randoming with 2 people at time of pop, LSes randoming and claiming at 25%, 10%, 4% because they dont have enough to take it from 100% down. (or are just plain too weak as an LS.) Shouldn't the ACT of randoming show the ability to have claimed the mob from 100% and killed? If you couldnt do that, then I dont understand the point of the random. Random is supposed to represent the randomness of claiming (lol ) and imitate you getting the mob from the spawn time. Last I checked mobs pop 100%.

Seriously the spine or lack of is showing in all of the past LSes who never really had a real force to take HNMs, and now try and weasle their way into any abjurations they can get. So much for being about the kill huh? Someone should reconsider who's members are just worried about items.

Randoming worked on Asura for all of 4-5 days from my understanding.

Today someone KS'd Nidhogg from a wiping team-up and CFH'd it because his alliance wasn't ready to claim (they were mostly at the zoneline/boyahda from what I understand). Then he induced spike flail and MPK'd a competing alliance who was ready to claim.

Yay for drama aery.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

vokefest @ midgar

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

faf/nid is the only camp that doesn't have drama in it. Today at KB people were seaking pt following behind not even in an HNMls trying to steal claim.

Officers contact the other linkshells officers and set up a random if the other LS is having trouble and are going to wipe. We don't let it go back to 100%. If at the time of the pop a linkshell doesn't have the numbers to kill it but have the numbers to do it once the claiming LS wipes; they don't get to random.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fenrir has never ever had a random on any HNM. It's been a voke/MPKfest since day 1.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

gardua hnm rules have always been (but not always followed) if a LS claims and wipes, you random with the remaining ls's that could have pulled at spawn time. and until about 3 weeks ago, it was only 2-3 ls's ever at kings.

now its the more usually 100+ camps in aery / behedomin.

rules were reformatted recently when a gimp LS had someone pull faf a few days in a row an wipe, and now with all the new LS's camping it was a mess.

current rules are -

no shadowbind claiming at fafnir, too much risk of flail/breath to wipe a lot of ppl.

if u pull outside of PT and that person dies before u can invite, its free for next puller.

random if a LS is wiping (supposed to be for all pops, but we know who can kill kings and who can't, so we usuallly /random only if a weaker one claims.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Randoming worked on Asura for all of 4-5 days from my understanding.

Today someone KS'd Nidhogg from a wiping team-up and CFH'd it because his alliance wasn't ready to claim (they were mostly at the zoneline/boyahda from what I understand). Then he induced spike flail and MPK'd a competing alliance who was ready to claim.

Yay for drama aery.
    Did something happen while I was at work today? >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

/ja "Provoke" SomethingYellow

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    /ja "Provoke" SomethingPurple
    Fixed~

Ya Wafik, you missed a 5-minute-from-rage CFH Nidhogg flailing the pit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can you really blame up-and-coming, optimistic, and excited new linkshells that've never really had a chance before, wanting to get a chance at some action? As long as they don't literally STEAL it, I could honestly give a damn less. /randoming is a dream and idealistic state that, like communism, would work perfectly if everyone followed it and nobody was greedy/corrupt. However, you're *NEVER* going to have that on any server...ever.

Be thankful it lasted as long as it did.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    /ja "Provoke" SomethingYellow
    This is going in my linkshell's permanent /lsmes

Lockecole gimme a pearlsack

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Can you really blame up-and-coming, optimistic, and excited new linkshells that've never really had a chance before, wanting to get a chance at some action? As long as they don't literally STEAL it, I could honestly give a damn less. /randoming is a dream and idealistic state that, like communism, would work perfectly if everyone followed it and nobody was greedy/corrupt. However, you're *NEVER* going to have that on any server...ever.

It works perfectly here on bahamut <_<; Only time I can recall it fucking up is when jerle claimed KB after they wiped when they teamed up with kazoku. That's once out of how many camps?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo

It works perfectly here on bahamut <_<; Only time I can recall it fucking up is when jerle claimed KB after they wiped when they teamed up with kazoku. That's once out of how many camps?
    Give it time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

for a good 6months or more it's been pretty far.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Things on Midgard used to be pretty civil as far as wiping LSes & yellow glitching goes, but for a month or so some of the newer LSes would 'accidentally' flash/voke/charm before a full wipe and a lot of drama would ensue. Some of those 'accidents' are the cause of why a few of us have problems with each other today.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

it's been in effect for a lot longer than that before you entered the hnm scene, but ever since the teamups, it's been only randoming between 1-2 LSes. randoming was meant to prevent

1) early claims when struggling alliances are still alive
    2) making LSes wait to see if the claiming LS wipes

2nd rule was ignored thus the ignoring of the 1st rule.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

So does any server ask for a full regen of the mob after a wipe? So far everytime a LS other than us has been involved, there is no regen given (or even attempted), so we should just voke-spam to our hearts content?

I guess I see it this way...

It's "wrong" to buy abjurations from other LS's, since you didn't kill the mob or earn it. However, it's "ok" to claim a King HNM at 25%,10%,4% (real examples) and then put shit in your bazaar comment like "{Adaman Haberk} nuff said", thinking somehow you're hot shit?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

were heading into '0-6

its all about spamming.

On bahamut you let it regen to 100%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast