Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 10/10/05     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ripped from KI:

Ayane :
    === Area: Ou'Hpat Obelisk ===

I'm sure that anybody with sea access has heard of this Area. Permanent double light weather, rumored to be a BC arena, currently unimplemented. Except not quite.

Some things about Ou'Hpat:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3949/debug2jy.png
    The Dialogue Tables listed in POL Utilities are incorrect. "Ou'Hpat Obelisk" is actually the Dialogue file for the Empyreal Paradox. The only dialogue lines aside from the standard in Ou'Hpat are:
    遠征先リージョンナンバー
    現在のリージョンナンバー
    増えたポイント
    増えたカウント
    DEBUG:ステージクリア!
    DEBUG:リセット……。
    Use the device?[Yes./No.]

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2736/target0qi.png
    Since the NPCs in Ou'Hpat are currently unfinished, none of them are names. They have generic development names like "_11a", "_11j" etc.

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/7...ules4hw.th.png
    Oh DrawDistance Plugin, how I love you so. This is Ou'Hpat Obelisk. The entire area is actually enormous. It's comprised of 24(Rough estimate) "Modules". Basically, each of these "Modules" are connected to eachother. They each contain two NPCs, A door, and a Teleport Pad. When you open a door, it stays open until you or someone else closes it. To use a Teleport Pad, the door must be open, and, when you stand on it, a "Use the device?" Prompt will appear. It will warp you to the next module.
    Note: This only works after you have beaten the final BC with Promathia

I have been to every Module in Ou'Hpat. Every module, eventually, leads to the same place. The entrance. There is only one exception, and that is two rooms that are completely different from any of the others. The Teleport Pads are not currently functional.

Theory
    This is the important part of the post.

[quote:04cd9]Also, a one-way door in the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi will become accessible from both sides for players who have advanced far enough through the "Chains of Promathia" story.
    I believe that this is going to be the entrance to Ou'Hpat Obelisk. The "entrance" in Northern Al'Taieu, is, in fact, the exit. After this coming patch, I am thoroughly convinced that the entrance to Northern Al'Taieu will be a marathon run through Ou'Hpat Obelisk. There is likely to be true-sight mobs in the Obelisk, or something else that would make it difficult to enter.

Anyways, here's some of the screenshots I have. I would go take more but the server is down right now. Maitenence blows.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4268/welcome8ih.png

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1636/0018js.png

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2838/0022pp.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6441/0037vo.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1204/0049ob.png

http://img449.imageshack.us/img449/6507/0058gt.png
    [/quote:04cd9]

In other words, probably around 9 pacific/midnight eastern, so everyone gets to sit there wondering how Limbus actually works and if it'll be good or not for an extra 6 hours.

The text about how you get key items could mean a lot of different things, many of which could suck horribly... Lets hope not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    In other words, probably around 9 pacific/midnight eastern, so everyone gets to sit there wondering how Limbus actually works and if it'll be good or not for an extra 6 hours.

The text about how you get key items could mean a lot of different things, many of which could suck horribly... Lets hope not.
    Limbus sounds like ENM+1

yeah sounds like a 18 person roaming dungeon with quite possibly godly rewards...

Hmm... WOW has competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki

well it mentions having to kill monsters, not necessarily of the notorious variety. Also, it seems to me this is like ENMs. You can enter every 3 days, and each time you enter you every person needs to obtain the key item again. I doubt it's unreasonably difficult. Certainly won't be jailers, nobody is going to be killing those every 3 days.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I certainly hope that, if it functions like Dynamis, it drops a reasonable amount of 100 bills and ancient currency and whatnot as Maguspk stated.

Lots of ppl play FF and expect to get the ultimate bogus weapon or ultimate bogus armor. It certainly turned me off that it's only practical in 11 for 1-2 people per server to even get one.

Xavier

if the dungeons are true instances, then ITS ON, if its 18 people at a time across the entire server, its extremely gay and Square is full of shit again.

Hopefully it's arena fighting...each floor has a unique type of HNM(s) (for instance three Byakkos in the screenshot) and you must defeat those with 18 people to move onto the next level. 23 floors left to go

Want about DRG /cry /cry /cry

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    if the dungeons are true instances, then ITS ON, if its 18 people at a time across the entire server, its extremely gay and Square is full of shit again.
    I highly doubt that is the case.

New pets have become available for the beastmaster ability “Call Beast.” The new items and their usable levels are as follows:
    Item Item Level
    Grasshopper Broth 28
    Noisy Grasshopper Broth 53
    Mole Broth 33
    Lively Mole Broth 58
    Blood Broth 43
    Clear Blood Broth 63
    Antica Broth 38
    Fragrant Antica Broth 63
    I can't seem to figure out which is what type of mob ;X Antica/fragrant antica are obvious...but what are the rest? Grasshopper wtf? Mole? D: Blood might be the eft cause they kick ass and make shit bleed...

I hope atleast one of these is uncapped, it would be nice to have a level75 jug instead of 73 :/

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Dude, Maho the prizes are going to rock... let's look back a bit:

Ok, Ninurtas Sash as well as alot of other items (sins, auras, vices, earrings etc) that were added in the last update had quest flags on them... this puzzled alot of people... why would these coveted items added with Sea Updates have quest flags on them...

Today, they announced they would add Limbus which would require not only a very rare area's access (Al'taiue)... among the drops from Limbus would be Key Items... this explains why you have to enter in a group of 18 / path. This is to ensure that everyone in the alliance of the path gets the key item. So in short Limbus paths will drop a key item to every member in the alliance that kills the mob(s).. in exchange for these key items one will take it to an NPC of sorts and get a item for it. w00t!!! No more crappy lotting system, confusion, anger over drops. Limbus is going to be awesome guys...

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I highly doubt that is the case.
    please specify which part of the statement you doubt is the case as there are 2 parts to it that counter each other.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I personally hope it's a true instance, if not it's still ok because apparently there are paths... hmmmm if it is like ENM as someone stated then it would be a true instance because mutiple people can go in ENM at once, ya this will most likely be a true instance I just convinced myself lol.

More theory and speculation:

[removed broken link]

The top right corner of the map has the suspected path you'll travle through based on impassable walls and existing inactive warp portals in Al'Taieu.

You probably first enter the North part by walking through the Luminous Convergence which currently has no use. If you pos.exe your way behind the Convergence there is a hall way to another door that is currently untargetable.

From the wording it sounds like its going to be 1 group per path per set amount of time, not true instance. The actual number of different paths will define whether that is a problem or not, if there's a handful then yeah its gonna suck, but if there's a dozen or more, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The size and duration of each area will be a factor too.

As far as currency is concerned, common points between this and Dynamis are limited to the timer aspect. Ancient currency from the 3 cities dropping from things in an Al'Taieu offshoot sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else. SE might make currency drop there anyway, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Limbus is going to be awesome guys...
    Once again your putting to much faith in SE. I would think after 2+ years you would of learned that SE completely scews up anything that COULD be good.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

If the rooms are exactly identical, then true instance seems most likely.

But all we have is speculation...

Xavier

ENMs aren't a true instance. There are a limited number of groups that can enter at one time. BCs aren't true instances for the same reason. A true instance means the zone is created specifically for said group and is recreated independantly for other groups that try to enter at the same time.

Its why Dynamis is so increadibly gay compared to raid zones in other games, 1 LS server wide in FFXI compared to anyone on the server for other mmos.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Seeing as how SE ALWAYS has those great near misses. It most likely will be a server wide bunch of BS rather than a true instance. (This skepticism is only there keep me from crying like a little girl if I really am right.)

If SE really did do this the right way, it may make up for the fact that this update is mostly just complete and utter crap.