Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Are You Satisfied?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    With milk. With love
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,629
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Are You Satisfied?

    Simple Question... are you satisfied with how the new update came out in terms of what's been added and what's changed?

    - Limbus

    Ooooohhh, a new challenge (especially for someone like myself who just got Sea access within the last couple of days). Granted it's not the new "Dynamis" everyone was expecting, but still this'll be a lot of fun. And with the new AF1+1... Ohohohohoho...

    - The number of dolls that can be called up by the spheroid family of monsters has been restricted (except for certain types of spheroids).

    - The number of elementals that can be summoned by the Aern family of monsters has been restricted.

    OO; OMG, Could this be that SE FINALLY got it right?! Rather than go for an outright BLM nerf, they made a sensable fix to alleviate the problem. I can see this being a pain on SC, but meh...

    - When engaging a monster with auto-attack, melee weapon skills will no longer improve unless at least one point of damage is inflicted.

    Another sensible fix, though I would have changed if this way; that being that a critical hit always inflicts least 1 point of damage.

    - New enchantment items have been introduced that give a bonus to the amount of experience or limit points earned...

    Hmmm, for a BLM like myself, an extra 1k xp/merit a day eventually adds up (especially solo farming in sea or in sky)

    - New navigational charts have been added...

    Good... if the treasures don't completly suck ass. Could be a suplimental income for those that make fishing their living.

    - Fellowship System

    Doesn't affect me much yet (haven't leveled my NPC)


    Rest of it really doesn't affect me that much so I won't comment on those.

  2. #2
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Are You Satisfied?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    - The number of dolls that can be called up by the spheroid family of monsters has been restricted (except for certain types of spheroids).

    - The number of elementals that can be summoned by the Aern family of monsters has been restricted.

    OO; OMG, Could this be that SE FINALLY got it right?! Rather than go for an outright BLM nerf, they made a sensable fix to alleviate the problem. I can see this being a pain on SC, but meh...
    So instead of BLMs going to Sea to XP off of Aern's summons, they will go back to KRT to wreak havock. Add in MNK parties, and no XP for anyone. There are too many level 75 people for the zones we have already, let's figure out a way to make things worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    - When engaging a monster with auto-attack, melee weapon skills will no longer improve unless at least one point of damage is inflicted.

    Another sensible fix, though I would have changed if this way; that being that a critical hit always inflicts least 1 point of damage.
    I don't see what the problem was with the way it was before. They could have just made the dolphins kill you even if you hit a mob for 0 damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    - New enchantment items have been introduced that give a bonus to the amount of experience or limit points earned...

    Hmmm, for a BLM like myself, an extra 1k xp/merit a day eventually adds up (especially solo farming in sea or in sky)
    You wouldn't need this item if they hadn't nerfed sea pets...

  3. #3
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    174
    BG Level
    3

    I worked so hard to get out of AF1, I'm not going back. Time to ditch the 32mb ram on the ps2 and go pc onry!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. What FF summon are you?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2005-06-17, 05:04
  2. HEY! when are you gonna make some more movies?
    By Pyrixthewhitewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-04-10, 23:50
  3. how are you viewed?
    By Blackdragon in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-01-12, 14:43
  4. How far are you?
    By Kunami in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2005-01-09, 20:33
  5. Savage Blade - are you serious....
    By kasber in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2004-11-05, 06:45