Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Almost.... But no cigar. Good try though SE.

Well, some things that didn't stick out in the last update was to combat cheaters at HNM camps and just using 3rd programs that you were not supposed to. Last night was a beautiful night... To think a certain LS on my server (I'll leave them unnamed to prevent rampant drama) was not able to bot and had to use .dat files.. Gave us a fair chance again.

Well, apparently I'm hearing they already found a way around the issue and bots and 3rd party programs are able to run again. It's been all of what? Less than 24 hours....

So the fixes that were supposed to fix against cheating at camping (Only two I am aware of at the moment.)
    #1 This one is known: If you're missing any .dat files for that area or a model on screen, FFXI crashes and you'll either need to re-install or re-add the .dats.

#2 The name of the FFXI client changes every 5 seconds thus supposing to prevent using 3rd party apps like flee program, claiming program, and warp hacking program. This is the one that they've found a way around already.. Sad, but true D:

Quote Originally Posted by Azaril
    Window name changer plugin Tuesday, October 11th, 2005

I've just uploaded a new plugin that stops the window name from changing and sets it to something reasonable. I honestly wonder who thought this would be an effective deterent to doing anything.

Plugin Thread: Name Changer

-Azaril
    Since I fucked it up twice in a row I'll just post what he wrote

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's exactly what I was talking about..

Re: Almost.... But no cigar. Good try though SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    #2 The name of the FFXI client changes every 5 seconds thus supposing to prevent using 3rd party apps like flee program, claiming program, and warp hacking program. This is the one that they've found a way around already.. Sad, but true D:
    You said it as if they done it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Almost.... But no cigar. Good try though SE.

Quote Originally Posted by realraiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    You said it as if they done it
    I have no clue what you just said. I mean.. I understand the words, but I have no clue of your meaning.

You were talking about an LS that were known for botting. You said they had found a way around the window changing name, when Azaril created the new plugin, as if the LS you were talking about done it themselves

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Yeah, I didn't mean that the LS found a work around.. I just meant "they" in general.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

EDIT: new post about this popped up, nvm

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol you dont even need that plugin to get around that, there was a way to do it before that plugin came out

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Nerds these days.

so now when u see 6 ppl cast on fafnir at the same time - its not deleted darters, its strait up botting? fun

so now when u see 6 ppl cast on fafnir at the same time - its not deleted darters, its strait up botting? fun
    What's changed?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by realraiko
    You were talking about an LS that were known for botting. You said they had found a way around the window changing name, when Azaril created the new plugin, as if the LS you were talking about done it themselves
    I took his meaning of "They" as 'The Man'... The Man is responsible for all our problems and stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://ffxi.archbell.com/forums/view...p?t=2031#14712
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Pro
    is cliff working on something to keep one of the windowed name changes in place? right now i used the name changer plug-in and get absolutely no letters in my window title besides FFXiApp - Windower Enabled. this totally fucked my flee tool.
    Poor guy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    http://ffxi.archbell.com/forums/view...p?t=2031#14712
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Pro
    is cliff working on something to keep one of the windowed name changes in place? right now i used the name changer plug-in and get absolutely no letters in my window title besides FFXiApp - Windower Enabled. this totally fucked my flee tool.
    Poor guy.
    I've heard they also did something else to allow bots to still work... I'm thinking tomorrow maint will do something about this... Hell, I was half right on the BLM nerf. (they didn't affect BLM job, just sea mobs)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag