The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I knew how to hook up my NES since I was 3, and it still works in perfect condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    it's sad that my NES still works
    yeah but you have to hit it and put the game in using special techniques only 80's children can execute, and this is only after losing a lung from blowing on the game so damn hard

and after you do get the game working, you have to walk around lightly because a slight shake in the floor and your game will reset

my NES still works but only if I do the above
    Freezer ftw.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My atari, nes, and snes all work. D:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wish I still had my NES, my little brother broke it while I was in Boson for a summer. I have never forgave him since.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

My dreamcast still works and my psone died years ago
    1-0

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

dreamcast <3 4evar

I still have my NES, SNES, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, PS1, and Jaguar (If anyone remembers that console).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sony markets better, and has better 3rd party support.

Their hardware blows...it's sad that my NES still works, but my PS2 is on its last legs. And their first party games? *shudders*

Being a Sony Fan boy is like rooting for windows. There just isn't anything there that you should be feeling strongly about. Nothing original, nothing innovative...just crap in a box that for some reason sells to the masses.
    Most Nintendo games are childish. But if making games directed to an older group of people is not original then I guess Sony is the biggest cheater ever.

Akiro

MEGA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Their hardware blows...it's sad that my NES still works, but my PS2 is on its last legs. And their first party games? *shudders*

Being a Sony Fan boy is like rooting for windows. There just isn't anything there that you should be feeling strongly about. Nothing original, nothing innovative...just crap in a box that for some reason sells to the masses.
    Someone who lives on the same floor as my dorm threw a PS1 off of the roof. Surprisingly durable. Dropped 5 stories and it was still in one piece, although some parts on the inside came a bit loose.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

Someone who lives on the same floor as my dorm threw a PS1 off of the roof. Surprisingly durable. Dropped 5 stories and it was still in one piece, although some parts on the inside came a bit loose.
    But did it still play?

My PS1 blew up once.

Akiro

you mean you got mad and you threw it across the room

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

NFL 2k, MVC2, jet grind radio...

dreamcast for president

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

But did it still play?
    One of the loose parts was obstructing any discs from being put in, so we didn't know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Turbo Grafix bitches!!

In terms of durablity, PS1 was the worst console ever. I think my friend burned through three of them.

Also, not all nintendo games are childish...all of sony games suck. 3rd party games are what sony did right. If nintendo hadn't charged $32 dollars per cartridge (lowered to 17), as opposed to Sony charging $1 a CD, there's a really good chance Nintendo wouldn' t have gotten trounced.

The fact remains that anyone that immediately labels nintendo games as childish and can't appreciate the fact that they're the best games on the market is just...immature. I have all three systems, and although I own more PS2 games and Xbox games, I spend more time on GC because the games are better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Depends though, I have a PS2 but I'll admit that the GC is better for multiplayer games, and the PS2 if you're playing by yourself.

Nothing will ever beat Mario Party or SSB when it comes to multiplayer.

oe conkers bad fur day <3

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

No matter which is better than the other, the true gamers still own every system known to man. Back home, packed up in boxes somewhere in my mom's closet, I've got the toploading NES, dreamcast, SNES, Sega Genesis, and all the other game systems I've owned since I was 3, and yes, all work. I <3 them all.

And just b/c the majority of Nintendo games are more family-oriented (non-violent, childish, etc), that doesn't mean they're not fun. I've been addicted to Animal Crossing 3 times.