Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sony CFH     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Sony markets better, and has better 3rd party support.

Their hardware blows...it's sad that my NES still works, but my PS2 is on its last legs. And their first party games? *shudders*

Being a Sony Fan boy is like rooting for windows. There just isn't anything there that you should be feeling strongly about. Nothing original, nothing innovative...just crap in a box that for some reason sells to the masses.
    Someone who lives on the same floor as my dorm threw a PS1 off of the roof. Surprisingly durable. Dropped 5 stories and it was still in one piece, although some parts on the inside came a bit loose.
    But did it still play?
    One of the loose parts was obstructing any discs from being put in, so we didn't know.
    Nintendo products are the epitome of durability. one person left a Gameboy game out for the entire winter with heavy snow and it still worked in spring. Some random music video shows a girl throwing a GBA off a bridge. It bounces. And X-Play did some random smashing tests on all the this-gen consoles, with only the Gamecube surviving.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Harvest Moon! Yay for Gamecube!

Harvest Moon! Yay for Gamecube!
    I find it really gay how you die in the game after 30 years but there's people in the town that are over 100 years old

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah... xD Damn those old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

Their hardware blows...it's sad that my NES still works, but my PS2 is on its last legs. And their first party games? *shudders*

Being a Sony Fan boy is like rooting for windows. There just isn't anything there that you should be feeling strongly about. Nothing original, nothing innovative...just crap in a box that for some reason sells to the masses.
    Someone who lives on the same floor as my dorm threw a PS1 off of the roof. Surprisingly durable. Dropped 5 stories and it was still in one piece, although some parts on the inside came a bit loose.
    But did it still play?
    One of the loose parts was obstructing any discs from being put in, so we didn't know.
    Nintendo products are the epitome of durability. one person left a Gameboy game out for the entire winter with heavy snow and it still worked in spring. Some random music video shows a girl throwing a GBA off a bridge. It bounces. And X-Play did some random smashing tests on all the this-gen consoles, with only the Gamecube surviving.
    Do you remember the picture of the Gameboy that got hit by a Scud missile in the first Iraq war that STILL WORKED?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    It should be:

We did everything Nintendo did but we did it better.
    If by better you mean they understand the concept of how to effectively advertise and sell a product then you are indeed correct.
    Nintendo have advertised quite effectively in the US.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember reading that 'GB fell out of a window in winter, got snowed on, and still worked in spring when the snow finally melted' in an Nintendo power. XD Well, the sound didnt work I think.

All my nintendo products work great, even after all these years. My newer PS2 frequently has seizures.

Old Merits
    BG Level

[quote=edgarfigaro]
    Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    Quote Originally Posted by "edgarfigaro":26361

But did it still play?
    Do you remember the picture of the Gameboy that got hit by a Scud missile in the first Iraq war that STILL WORKED?[/quote:26361]

Link. Now.

Not that I don't believe it, I just really want to see that! I also remember a Gamecube movie that was circulating the web shortly after its release. Some guys tied it to the back of their turck and dragged it for a couple of blocks, then smashed it with sledgehammers. All I can remember is that the disc top came off. (whatever you want to call the little pop-open top so you can put the disc in) I don't think they tested whether or not it still worked, though.

This is like OLD Nintendo Power shot. All I remember was a charred gameboy with melted buttons...and the little red light shining and the Nintendo faintly on the screen.