Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ninjutsu earring: is it worth it?

its 700-800k. i figure it probably just makes u perform a lvl higher ninjustu wise than u should. anyone tested it out? any difference?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

nah ninjitsu skill sucks

Square stated that +ninjitsu skill does not affect the success rate of Ni enfeebles, you shouldn't buy it, it's not worth the gil.

i see. good thing i asked, thanks for the info.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The only real use is that Ninjutsu decreases the number of shadows taken by some mob abilities, and also helps with interruption.

However +3 skill is going to be crap when you could put better things in the slot, such as Evasion Skill, Evasion, STR, or the sexy new Brutal Earring.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

It most certainly is not worth it. Though I don't regret my Ninjutsu merits one bit, all my faith in my Ninjutsu Skill+ items (I had everything) died the day I saw a Warrior land Jubaku on Kirin.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Square stated that +ninjitsu skill does not affect the success rate of Ni enfeebles, you shouldn't buy it, it's not worth the gil.
    Just because it doesn't effect the potency, doesn't mean it's not worth it. Kuriyama and Hojo are already the most powerful debuffs for their respected catagory.

I think it's worth it, expecially doing low level CoP/ENMs/BCs.

Also, a BRD can land silence on Kirin, Suzaku, ect. Does that mean a RDM shouldn't wear +enfeebling magic gear?

The only real use is that Ninjutsu decreases the number of shadows taken by some mob abilities, and also helps with interruption.
    Ninjitsu skill helps land enfeebles.

If you point at the interview where they say :Ni ninjitsu isn't affect but skill level, they're talking about POTENCY of the spell. Re-read the interview.

Sage Sundi: These spells are useful at high level as they are because they are based on the enfeebling skill of the user. So even using a level 4 spell (Paralyze) on level 75 monsters will be as strong as their skill level allows. However, Ninja's level two tier spells (Ni) are not based on the player's Ninjutsu skill.
    They talk about how they won't add higher tier enfeebling magic because enfeebling magic effects the potency of those spells. When it comes to Ninjitsu, there is higher tier magic, however the ninjitsu skill doesn't effect the potency.

Uggh lag. Double Post

Ummmm Ninjutsu Skill DEFINATELY effects the rate of enfeebling. You're telling me you didnt see a huge difference when your Ninjutsu Skill was capped while trying to enfeeble XP mobs? I have capped Ninjutsu merits and every +Ninjutsu Skill item that exists short of AF2 feet, and I enfeeble at a MUCH higher rate then an equal NIN without any of that. Buy it, macro it in, its worth it.

E. Body
    BG Level

I think what they are trying to say is that the higher your ninjutsu skill is, the better you can land the enfeebles but the potency will always stay the same no matter which mob/what skill you have/fight. I remember macroing ninjutsu torque into my enfeebles when XPing and got resisted once in a blue moon.

edit: to answer your question, is it worth it? not really. I think ninja can be a very versatile job but alot of that versatility is giltoss.

It most certainly is not worth it. Though I don't regret my Ninjutsu merits one bit, all my faith in my Ninjutsu Skill+ items (I had everything) died the day I saw a Warrior land Jubaku on Kirin.
    Yeah I saw a lvl 1 mule hit Vrtra once with his lvl 0 dagger skill. I'm no longer capping my weapon skills or using A+ weapons. Nor will I wear accuracy or attack gear... since as long as someone else can do it once in a blue moon, its useless to actually be efficient in my debuffs.

HUGE difference between sticking 1/100 debuffs and a fluke then actually being able to efficiently debuff an HNM a higher majority of the time. Ask any RDM what happens when they try and spam debuffs on Tiamat if they wont stick. Ding! Dead RDM after 45mins.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

It does affect.

It's sad that they say that Paralyze and Slow go up in terms on potency, but are easily overwriten.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    It's sad that they say that Paralyze and Slow go up in terms on potency, but are easily overwriten.
    You need gear to back it up. Only gimp RDMs get their slow overwritten by my hojo

Jubaku on the other hand, I have yet to see overwrite rdm paralyze (give us Ni already! *shakes fist*)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    You need gear to back it up. Only gimp RDMs get their slow overwritten by my hojo

Jubaku on the other hand, I have yet to see overwrite rdm paralyze (give us Ni already! *shakes fist*)
    Ni spells always overwrite Ichi and regular magic spells. Even with +40 enfeebling skill from gear and +12 from merits Hojo Ni will always overwrite my slow. Considering that there are only 3 RDM items with enfeebling skill that I do not posess, my gear is far from gimp.

RDM slow and blind are incredibly weak and will always be overwritten by hojo and kurayami Ni.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves

RDM slow and blind are incredibly weak and will always be overwritten by hojo and kurayami Ni.
    idk that they are "incredibly weak", they are just first-tier spells and you have tier 2.

That's like saying "thunder 3 is incredibly weak compared to thunder 4"... uh duh

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I still don't think the earring is worth it even with all the hullabaloo going on here.

Sure it might help you land stuff sometimes, but with capped skill, you'll land your debuffs on any mob that doesn't resist them with the extra +3 skill anyway. You won't notice much of a difference if at all. If you want the extra skill, just merit it, it's free, doesn't require macros, and works better.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    If you want the extra skill, just merit it, it's free, doesn't require macros, and works better.
    Unless your magic skill merits are eaten by another mage job. ><

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lower them and cap ninjutsu