Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Go back and enter again. If you click on the porter, it tells you there are serveral hexagonal shaped depressions and a thin slot on it.

Sounds like you trade your "hexagonal" shaped chip to it...and must be something else too b/c i tried with the Charcoal one and nada...

Maybe thats how u get the new rare/ex armor - Nashira and Homam sets. There are 10 peices and 10 chips. Also there are 10 parts of Ultima and Omega. Its possible wherever these drops you trade a chip plus a body part and get something...who knows though...wish i did! ><

On the "Update 10/10/05" Topic, located on the second page. One of the lines says on Page 6, Demetrios' post "You have already cleared Limbus. You may not enter unless you are assisting a player who has not defeated the boss."

Would this mean, that once you complete it. It's basically over unless you have to "help" someone. So, only a couple shots at AF +1? One shot at the assumed Proto-Omega/Ultima? I really hope Square-Enix wouldn't do that for a thing like this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless you can farm the regular Limbus areas all you want, and you are only restricted from the boss fight unless helping another. Like farming The Garden of Ru'Hmet. You can go farm it all you want and fight Jailers, but you can't go to Empyreal Paradox and fight Promathia again unless you are helping someone else.

If this is the case, hopefully the boss drops either a reasonable one-time reward for each person (e.g. the CoP rings or Zilart earrings), or is just for story. It would suck to beat the boss to get a piece of Nashira/Homam set, and only get to choose one piece out of everything, ever. But then again, the stats on each piece are so completely different and suited for different jobs that it could be that way and won't cause too much of a fuss except for those who would want the whole set for fashion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What you gotta do is have ur LS split into 3-4 areas. Just make them go at different times, and have one person wait in each lobby to lot the r/x chip. that way in one week one person can have the whole set pretty easily. Gotta wait and see if it actually does anything though....

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    card just determines which path you access from the npc target to enter limbus. for example if you have one card, only it's corresponding path will show up. if you have 2 or 3, 2 or 3 options will come up with different paths.
    I had 2 options with only 1 card for Temenos.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sticky this

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    Quote Originally Posted by Darm
    Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    if you guys are keeping track of what drops where as well, so far we've seen

Apollon NW
    Benedict Yarn
    Black Rivet
    Cardinal Cloth
    Adaman Ore
    Kurogane
    Brown Doeskin
    Light Filament
    Magenta Chip

Temenos N
    Diabolic Silk
    Supple Skin
    Ivory Chip
    Was Appolyn NW the one with the 3 Kings? Our LS is wondering if there's a 6 mannable Appolyn route like the Elemental route in Temenos.
    nw is 3 kings, & im pretty sure it needs close to 18 people.
    elemental route is 6mannable? can you do it w/ clearing everything & getting max treasure w/ 6 ppl?
    You can clear it with a balanced PT of six but you'd probably need a time extender chest or two.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From: http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4899

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantide
    Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    so i layed down in my bed and was going to go to sleep and just thought of something...

those worthless chips you get at the end of the runs and how the entrances to limbus say:
    http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7...issmart5ja.jpg

once having "beaten" all of the zones, trade the chips from all of them to it to fight omega or ultima and then "beat the zone" ?
    The description on the chip I got today said it was 6 sided. I tried trading it to everyone I could think of and it didn't do anything.
    In the case of the BC entrance, the text states there are several indentations so it's likely that using only 1 wouldn't work. You may need to get all of them or some combination of a certain amount.

Also, has anyone found new text in the dat files for Garden of Ru'Hmet or Grand Palace that might be related to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    When it comes to the chips, here is what I think (it has been suggested, but never actually spelled out) ...

As we know, there are 4 Apollyons that are currently accessible ... NW and SW accessible from the Swirling Vortex to the west (from the Dem Telepoint), and NE and SE, accessible from the Swirling Vortex to the east (from the Mea Telepoint). Each of these drops a different chip upon completion.

If you touch the entrance to either Apollyon (where you actually enter the battlefield) without the appropriate key item, it says "There are several six-sided indentations and a thin slot in the center of the circular dais here." which seems to be a clear reference to the chips, and the key item as well (when you enter Apollyon, it references the red (or whatever) chip being inserted in to the thin slot).

Now, we have NE, NW, SE, and SW; however, the dialog tables also make reference to one more area: Central Apollyon.

In my opinion, what probably happens, is that if you have the key item, and trade all 4 chips from the Apollyon areas to the entrance, your alliance will be given access to Central Apollyon, which would be considerably tougher than the normal Apollyons, and would have a mega-boss battle at the end (I think that SOMEONE reported seeing "Proto-Ultima" and "Proto-Omega" in the dat files for Apollyon and Temenos respectively, but I can't confirm this ... however, they would make sense as the ultimate end-bosses, especially given the presence of these ultima and omega parts).

I imagine the same thing applies for Temenos as it does for Apollyon with a special Temenos area at the end; however, I'm too lazy to find the dialog tables and mob information for Temenos.

Edit: I found Temenos string tables (ok, it wasn't that hard ... it was the previous dat file :wink ... and they are pretty much the same way. In addition to the West, North, and East Towers, there are references to Central Temenos

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Square rarely make pop item rare/ex. I'm not saying its impossible you need all chip, but it would be weird

hmm it says several six sided indentations and a thin slot, maybe you need a chip and something to go in the middle? im just guessing though ive never been in any of these areas yet (damn you promy-vhazl)

well i havn't been there yet due to not having sea, but limbus is of big interest to me, but with the several sixsided indentations and a thin slot, but don't you need to use cards here to get in? (like i said i'm not sure) but it would make sense that it has a slot to use the cards to get in, but then all the chips to get to fight ultima/omega.

Prehaps you need all the chips for that area of Limbus (It does say Several indentations) and then you can use the card (slot in the middle) to go to a new area? Or maybe the slot is just for the card for when you would do it normally, and the Chips would just take you to an extra area?

Apollyon SW
    Black Rivet
    Black Rivet
    Darksteel Sheet
    White Rivet
    Light Filament
    Oxblood
    Charcoal Chip

pmed this to OP too since its 3:15 am

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Square rarely make pop item rare/ex. I'm not saying its impossible you need all chip, but it would be weird
    I see your point there; however, given that these are used to enter a battlefield-like zone, I can see them being a pop item as well. Think of them being like a BCNM orb where the leader trades first, and everyone gains access to the battlefield.

That said, one thing of interest ...

A friend of mine tried trading one of the chips ot the NPC for the AF1+1, and he says that she she indicated that he hadn't handed in enough coins yet, so maybe there is something to that. I don't have a chip so I can't test it myself; however, I am asking another friend to test it again just to confirm. I just turned in all my items for my first piece of AF1+1 ... I'll see if the NPC says anything different after receiving it kind of like the organ NPC (have to wait a period of time after turning in items ... longer than 1 Vana-day ... probably 1 RL day, but I won't know for sure since tomorrow is tally too).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you can trade the npc anything and he'll complain about not having enough coin

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I see your point there; however, given that these are used to enter a battlefield-like zone, I can see them being a pop item as well. Think of them being like a BCNM orb where the leader trades first, and everyone gains access to the battlefield.

That said, one thing of interest ...

A friend of mine tried trading one of the chips ot the NPC for the AF1+1, and he says that she she indicated that he hadn't handed in enough coins yet, so maybe there is something to that. I don't have a chip so I can't test it myself; however, I am asking another friend to test it again just to confirm. I just turned in all my items for my first piece of AF1+1 ... I'll see if the NPC says anything different after receiving it kind of like the organ NPC (have to wait a period of time after turning in items ... longer than 1 Vana-day ... probably 1 RL day, but I won't know for sure since tomorrow is tally too).
    Just a question of curiosity... did you buy all the coins from people (how much are they going for if so), did your group let you get HQ AF1 first, or were you just really lucky with lots on coin?

My group pools all the currency then divides it evenly after the run. I just got lucky and got both rare/ex pieces I needed for upgrade on my 2 consecutive runs, and borrowed currency from other members. Fortunately, gloves are only 20 currency, so I'm not too terribly much in debt.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"How many coins dropped?"
    thats not a fair question because from my experience, TH has a huge influence on coin drops.

And sort the AF+1 pieces in the following order please:
    head body hands legs feet

Its rather annoying to not have things in sub-order's

Apollyon NE
    Benedict Yarn
    Benedict Yarn
    Blue Rivet
    Blue Rivet
    Ebony Lacquer
    Charcoal Cotton
    (if this is still going on)

LazyShell