FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    central temenos - 3rd floor is kind of hard
    That was quite vague lol

LazyShell
    BG Level

well, i'll tell you whats in the floor

start out like other tenemos's, then there are 3 orcs (beastmen in tenemos - fealt like dynamis). then move on and there are 3 yagudo. we got 1 coin drop from the orcs nothin from yags. no chests either. then the next room had one of each beastmen (orc/yag/quad), and they were big with NM names. I figured that it would be like other tenemos... bosses that would drop some chests or w/e so u could go to next floor.. nope. Our fight vrs those 3 NMs lasted the rest of the run. we killed em, but barely.. 17 very well geared people. Was fun :D Only got another stupid chip for our efforts tho

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well, i'll tell you whats in the floor

start out like other tenemos's, then there are 3 orcs (beastmen in tenemos - fealt like dynamis). then move on and there are 3 yagudo. we got 1 coin drop from the orcs nothin from yags. no chests either. then the next room had one of each beastmen (orc/yag/quad), and they were big with NM names. I figured that it would be like other tenemos... bosses that would drop some chests or w/e so u could go to next floor.. nope. Our fight vrs those 3 NMs lasted the rest of the run. we killed em, but barely.. 17 very well geared people. Was fun :D Only got another stupid chip for our efforts tho
    So there was nothing more after killing the NMs? Just a chest that ended it?

Which chip did you get?

LazyShell
    BG Level

silver

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

An assembled list from my LS members' experiences so far.

Apollyon SE - (Cleared with 18 people)
    Smalt Chip
    29 Coins
    an ancient brass (MNK)
    a blue rivet (DRG)
    a spool of benedict yarn (WHM)

Apollyon NW - (Cleared with 18 people)
    Magenta Chip
    55 Coins
    a white rivet (PLD)
    2x a square of astral leather (SMN)
    2x a blue rivet (DRG)
    a square of cardinal cloth (RDM)
    light steel ingot
    clot plasma

Apollyon SW - (Cleared with 18 people)
    Charcoal Chip
    30 coins
    a square of brown doeskin (BRD)
    a black rivet (DRK)
    a spool of diabolic yarn (BLM)
    2x a square of cardinal cloth (RDM)
    oxblood

Temenos East - (Cleared with ~12 people inc. 6blms)
    30 coins
    2x Diabolic Silk (BLM)
    2x Chamelion Yarn (RNG)

Temenos East - (Cleared with 6 people inc. 3blms)
    27 coins
    Smalt Leather (BST)
    Snowey Cermet (PLD)
    Supple Skin (THF)
    Dark Orichalcum (DRK)

Darksteel sheet dropped for my group when I last did northwest Apollyon. Even though it is a crafting item and can be bought off of the AH, it is also used in DRK AF+1 upgrade.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

anyone else complete central temenos? im guessing now 3chips from there for temenos mega boss, but who knows. =/

how'd you get Central Temenos Access? Thought it was East/West/North available.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    how'd you get Central Temenos Access? Thought it was East/West/North available.
    He obviously figured out how to trigger access to Central Temenos (since the fight he is describing is not East/West/North). Did you get the Temenos title after beating that zone?

My guess is that since there was another chip at the end of Central Temenos, that there will be one at the end of Central Apollyon, and perhaps those two can be traded to the entrance to gain access to yet another battlefield?

I don't see any specific references to any other Temenos or Apollyon paths (except for the ones readily available, and Central) ... however, there are references specifically to boss battles. Perhaps the final one is a straight-up BCNM?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well, for temenos, what we know so far is North (minor beastmen), East (elementals) and West (beasts). Also there is Central temenos, which is 3 more paths. Floor one, floor two, and floor three.

Nothing really to figure out... each chip from the first three temenos unlocks a different floor of central temenos. Trading the following allows u to enter...

Ivory (North) -> Central, 3rd floor (Beastmen again, silver chip drops)
    Emerald (West) -> Central, 2nd floor (No idea what mobs or chip drops)
    Scarlet (East) -> Central, 1st floor (No idea what mobs or chip drops)

These areas are bound to the same 3 day timer as the other limbus zones.. so next time u do limbus, just trade one of those chips to enter that area, but you still need the soap and white card key items as well.

No idea on if apollyon works the same way, id assume its something different though, because there are only 10 chips in the files, ivory, scarlet, emerald, silver, smoky, smalt, cerulean, magenta, charcoal, orchid. (4 from apollyon, 6 from temenos apparently.)

Also, we beat the third floor, and no title.. just the silver chip, 8 coins, and a plaited cord (NIN item)... =/

If anyone else can do the 1st and 2nd floors, and post what mobs / chip drops it would be good info to share. My only advice.... make sure you bring 18 ppl. The bosses of 3rd floor are seriously no joke. We had 17 (someone forgot the soap lol) very skilled / equipped ppl and the bosses took us by surprise at first.. and although we won, we didnt clear out the entire floor. We killed 3 orcs and 3 yagudos before we stumbled onto the bosses, but some wandering whms saw in another room a single mob called "Star Ruby Quadav" that we didnt even get a chance to attempt.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Well, for temenos, what we know so far is North (minor beastmen), East (elementals) and West (beasts). Also there is Central temenos, which is 3 more paths. Floor one, floor two, and floor three.

Nothing really to figure out... each chip from the first three temenos unlocks a different floor of central temenos. Trading the following allows u to enter...

Ivory (North) -> Central, 3rd floor (Beastmen again, silver chip drops)
    Emerald (West) -> Central, 2nd floor (No idea what mobs or chip drops)
    Scarlet (East) -> Central, 1st floor (No idea what mobs or chip drops)

These areas are bound to the same 3 day timer as the other limbus zones.. so next time u do limbus, just trade one of those chips to enter that area, but you still need the soap and white card key items as well.

No idea on if apollyon works the same way, id assume its something different though, because there are only 10 chips in the files, ivory, scarlet, emerald, silver, smoky, smalt, cerulean, magenta, charcoal, orchid. (4 from apollyon, 6 from temenos apparently.)

Also, we beat the third floor, and no title.. just the silver chip, 8 coins, and a plaited cord (NIN item)... =/

If anyone else can do the 1st and 2nd floors, and post what mobs / chip drops it would be good info to share. My only advice.... make sure you bring 18 ppl. The bosses of 3rd floor are seriously no joke. We had 17 (someone forgot the soap lol) very skilled / equipped ppl and the bosses took us by surprise at first.. and although we won, we didnt clear out the entire floor. We killed 3 orcs and 3 yagudos before we stumbled onto the bosses, but some wandering whms saw in another room a single mob called "Star Ruby Quadav" that we didnt even get a chance to attempt.
    How did you know a particular chip corresponds to a certain floor? When the chip is traded... does it say on the menu something like "Central Temenos (Third Floor)"?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Depending what chip u trade, the menu has a different option.. trading multiple chips made multiple options appear. Seems as though u dont lose the chip also. Im not 100% sure on this since i wasnt the one who collected the r/x chips or actually traded, thats just how she explained it.

I see ... it's all coming together now.

One thing of note, is that the dialog tables reference "Central Temenos - 4th Floor" in addition to the 3 floors you mentioned. Presumably that could be the final area accessed upon collecting all chips from Central Temenos?

LazyShell
    BG Level

That's what we are guessing. I'd say about a week or two before we can get enough chips, because the same person has all 3 of the direction Temenos chips, so we cant send two teams simultaneously to the 1st and 2nd levels of central temenos. Judging from how hard the 3rd level was, I really wouldnt want to split up our teams anyways (even if we have over 36 which i don't think we have active)

killerc4

pics.. although i dint get much cuz it was a busy fight ;;

the quadav was like Zha Dha Adamantking on crack... double attack songs and people hitting for 0 when he had no buffs on

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...5/img_0207.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...5/img_0205.jpg

LazyShell
    BG Level

66brd ftw

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That's what we are guessing. I'd say about a week or two before we can get enough chips, because the same person has all 3 of the direction Temenos chips, so we cant send two teams simultaneously to the 1st and 2nd levels of central temenos. Judging from how hard the 3rd level was, I really wouldnt want to split up our teams anyways (even if we have over 36 which i don't think we have active)

You could always have that person join alliance after they beat the run and lot key item

LazyShell
    BG Level

well she has all the items to open up the central temenos, so we have to wait for her timer to do the next central. no one else has entrance items.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Traded Emerald Chip tonight, got access to First Floor of Central Tower. You get 45 minutes. Only 6 mobs total, Airi, Iruci, Enchanted Ahriman, Enchanted Dragon, Temenos Weapon and Temenos Cleaner. All mobs have the potential to wipe a full alliance, but if you play smart you can defeat them easy enough. Only crate was after killing the last mob which dropped 7 coins, Orchid Chip and the cloth for WAR AF+1.

We got to keep the Emerald Chip, however unknown if it's still "useable" (thinking like a BC orb that cracks or something). However if they are still useable, adding on to what others have said, would think that after getting all 6 chips (3 towers + the 3 floors of Central Tower), trade all 6 maybe to get access to a 4th floor or BC zone where you fight Ultima or Omega. Which leads me to wonder, after collecting all 6...you can farm Ultima/Omega over and over again?

Supposedly, you trade all 6 to the Green Porters in sky, and you get teleported to go fight King Jourmamatrayuahogg =/