Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohi Wilhelm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ohi Wilhelm

Sorry if this is olde >_>

Found this dude in Mhaura (Wilhelm, down by the waterfront)
    "You are an adventurer, are you not? My name is Wilhelm. I am a purchasing agent for the Brugaire Consortium.

I have quite a bit of respect for you adventurers. I think it is marvelous that there are people in this world who are doing their best to help others.

This is just a passing rumor, but I heard that several people have ventured to another world and encountered extraordinary beings...in a mysterious place, enveloped in light!

It is quite a far-fetched tale, if I say so myself! It would seem that such an absurd story cannot be true, and asking if you have been to such a land would be utterly ludicrous...but still, I cannot hold back my curiosity, if indeed you have seen this ethereal land.

By Altana! You are far more courageous than the average adventurer! Then tell me, have you seen the giant, black beasts which do not seem to be living creatures, but machines with flesh and blood?

Truth be told, I am currently on orders from a certain nation to seek out such a beast.

I am not proposing anything so preposterous as attempting to capture the creature, however. I only require a fragment from one of the beasts. If you manage to get one, I would be most pleased if you brought it to me.

But of course, I shall not simply take without giving something in return. Let this be known to no one, but we at the Brugaire Consortium recently came into the possession of extravagant armor and apparel from the Near East. I may be able to make some...special arrangements...if you lend your assistance.

O illustrious adventurer, please accept my plea!
    talking to him again he says...

"I have heard that the black creatures reside in two places: at the top of an illuminated tower and at the bottom of a dark abyss. It also seems that there are two types: one that crawls on four legs and one that floats in the air. All I require is a segment from one of them. I implore you, please lend me your aid!"
    someone figure out how to pop proto-omega/ultima D:

gawd, your LS is so nab if they can't even pop them

Ultima pieces become Nashira, and Omega pieces become Homam. Central Temenos and Central Apollyon seem like the two most likely areas for Proto-Omega and Proto-Ultima to be. To enter each of those zones you probably need 3 seperate chips from the Temenos areas, or 4 seperate chips from the Apollyon areas.

I have heard that the black creatures reside in two places: at the top of an illuminated tower and at the bottom of a dark abyss. It also seems that there are two types: one that crawls on four legs and one that floats in the air. All I require is a segment from one of them. I implore you, please lend me your aid!

Th-this is undeniably a fragment of the legendary Ultima! Kamaal! You must see this, Kamaal!
    You fool! I only need to be called once. I do have ears!
    Show it to me.
    Th-this is...artificial skin!? And an artificial frame, too... This is a segment taken from Ultima, without question.
    Adventurer, you have my gratitude.
    The restoration project in my homeland will be able to move into new research now, thanks to you.
    In the near future, our nation may need the help of distinguished adventurers such as yourself. I hope to see you again in my homeland, then.
    Rifaqat. Give this [gentleman his/lady her] reward. I think [he/she] will be most pleased.
    The most skilled clothcrafters in Aht Urhgan weaved this over a span of ten years. It is a gift of utmost quality...and I humbly present it to you.
    If you acquire any more segments of Ultima, I would greatly appreciate it if you could bring them to me.
    Another segment from Ultima! You have my utmost gratitude. Please accept this in return.
    Th-this is undeniably a fragment of the legendary Omega! Hadiyah! You must see this, Hadiyah!
    Insolent fool! Who gave you the right to speak my name? Have you no idea who I am? I am a blue mage! You must show proper respect around me.
    Hurry up and show me what you have, you blithering milksop!
    This... It is all artificial! The flesh...the blood...marvelous! This is most certainly a segment of Omega!
    May your name be praised, adventurer!
    With this, restoration of the light divinity shall proceed in leaps and bounds!
    It appears that these “adventurers” are even more remarkable than I have heard. I would very much appreciate it if you would come to visit our great nation someday!
    Rifaqat, get off your tail and give this adventurer [his/her] reward, now! Let us hope [he/she] finds it most useful on [his/her] adventures.
    The most skilled armorers in Aht Urhgan forged this over a span of ten years. It is a gift of utmost quality...and I humbly present it to you.
    If you acquire any more segments of Omega, I would greatly appreciate it if you could bring them to me.
    Another segment from Omega! You have my utmost gratitude. Please accept this in return.
    Drops from Proto-Ultima in Central Temenos:

Ultima's Cerebrum = Head = Nashira Turban
    Ultima's Heart = Body = Nashira Manteel
    Ultima's Claw = Hand = Nashira Gages
    Ultima's Leg = Boots? = Nashira Crackows
    Ultima's Tail = Leg? = Nashira Seraweels

Drops from Proto-Omega in Central Apollyon:

Omega's Eye = Head = Homam Zucchetto
    Omega's Heart = Body = Homam Corazza
    Omega's Foreleg = Hand = Homam Manopolas
    Omega's Hind Leg = Boots? = Homam Gambieras
    Omega's Tail = Leg? = Hoham Cosciales

The bad thing about the Omega and Ultima parts is that they are rare ex, so if someone gets the wrong abjurationish item it'll go to waste. The biggest confusion will probably be about Ultima Leg's and Tail for the RDM legs or the BLM boots.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

In the dialog above he speaks of an armorer in reference to Omega, and a clothcrafter in reference to Ultima. The Nashira set is cloth, and the Homam set is armor.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ultima's Cerebrum
    Ultima's Heart
    Ultima's Claw
    Ultima's Leg
    Ultima's Tail

Omega's Eye
    Omega's Heart
    Omega's Foreleg
    Omega's Hind Leg
    Omega's Tail

That's the way they're listed in the data files, so I'd guess going from up to down, they'd be Head->Body->Hands->Legs->Feet

What are the best jobs for each piece?

Nashira gages >> SMN or WHM/SMN?
    Nashira Crackows >> BLM or RDM
    Nashira Seraweels >> RDM
    Nashira Turban >> WHM or RDM?
    Nashira Manteel >> RDM

Homam Gambieras >> DRK or PLD(HP whoring)
    Homam Cosciales >> DRK or PLD(faster Flash)
    Homam Corazza >> DRK, THF, or DRG
    Homam Manopolas >> DRK, THF, or DRG
    Homam Zucchetto >> DRK? :/

There entire set would be good for soloing DRG/WHM I guess (lots of +HP and +MP), but I'm thinking about HNM purposes first.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ugh I am half way to sea, I can't wait to go there. Should be in Chapter 5 by next week, was only on Chapter 2 about two weeks ago. We raped Ouryu [Only spent about 4-5 minutes fighting], we are just worried about Ultima and Omega (6-4) with our setup. Probably going to be NIN[or PLD] PLD[Me ; ;] MNK[or DRK] BLM RDM [Insert 6th as BRD BLM or WHM]. The two mages will probably have SMN 60 in no time anyways so I know that will help. Its just going to suck buying those CBC Polymers ><.

The stats on that armored set are nice, I would like to have. Besides it looks pimp as hell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    What are the best jobs for each piece?

Nashira gages >> SMN or WHM/SMN?
    Nashira Crackows >> BLM or RDM
    Nashira Seraweels >> RDM
    Nashira Turban >> WHM or RDM?
    Nashira Manteel >> RDM

Homam Gambieras >> DRK or PLD(HP whoring)
    Homam Cosciales >> DRK or PLD(faster Flash)
    Homam Corazza >> DRK, THF, or DRG
    Homam Manopolas >> DRK, THF, or DRG
    Homam Zucchetto >> DRK? :/

There entire set would be good for soloing DRG/WHM I guess (lots of +HP and +MP), but I'm thinking about HNM purposes first.
    yeah, the melee set seems to be pretty bad, i dunno :l the mage set has some good pieces. the feet are nuts for blm

The melee set has a lot of potential depending on how much the body armor's triple attack procs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

The hat isnt bad for BLM actually. Considering most BLM wear AF1 hat, instead you get +5 Magic Acc (Great for nuking high lvl mobs), -5 enmity (more than the af hat), haste+2% (meh, reduces stun/recast timers by 1 second), -10% interrupt, that's usefull always.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    The hat isnt bad for BLM actually. Considering most BLM wear AF1 hat, instead you get +5 Magic Acc (Great for nuking high lvl mobs), -5 enmity (more than the af hat), haste+2% (meh, reduces stun/recast timers by 1 second), -10% interrupt, that's usefull always.
    Demons+1 is pimp. Losing 6 INT is a pretty big loss.

Then again I really dont know what Magic Acc translates into for BLM. My RDM friends tell me it does squat-diddly shit.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Demons+1 is pimp. Losing 6 INT is a pretty big loss.

Then again I really dont know what Magic Acc translates into for BLM. My RDM friends tell me it does squat-diddly shit.
    Magic acc is kinda like having elemental seal up, the more you got on, the more your nukes/enfeebles wont get resisted. I'd want this while fighting sky gods/mobs that love to resist our magic, but when fighting ground HNM, I'd prefer my int peices. Like alot of peices, it's situational, but still shouldnt be overlooked for BLM.