New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

As with -ALL- Cure spells, they soft cap at a certain Lv. You can easily see this with Cure1 or Cure2. By adding more +MND equips, that cap will rise above the soft cap by a small amount. Now, because Cure5 is an uncapped healing spell, it has no bounds to what the max can be, with reguards to programmed into the game. Cure5 is affected much more with +MND then the other Cure spells, because they all cap out at a certain number. You can see how little +MND effects Cure1 because it is very hard to get it past 40, even with a fuck-ton of +MND. With that same fuck-ton of +MND, Cure5 does well into the 7-800 range, if not higher. I don't have any links to tests people have done, or crazy screenshots people have made, all I have is my knowledge of what stats do, and how things are effectied by them.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've seen DS/Cure5 used properly in the Promathia final BC on a certain NPC. The WHM sucked so it's nothing to write home about, like 1650 i think...but it would make a reasonable test bed. My Cure4's were hardly denting her HP (like 5% or so?)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

mnd effect on CureV using lightstaff+nobles:

mnd74+1
    CureV 763

mnd74+42
    CureV 831

any questions?

Re: WHM Cure V

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    As of late a certain WHM in my linkshell has been insisting that the new WHM AF+1 is useless, I have been trying to convince him that the +MND on hands and head are extremely useful for Cure V and Stoneskin. He however thinks that Cure V caps just like the other cure spells. If you know about how people can get 1000+ Cure V's and how Cure V has no cap and adding MND will greatly affect it's results each casting, please post your opinions/tests with it. If you have seen or know of a good thread discussing MND effects on all 5 of the cure spells feel free to link or post that too. Thanks in advance.ˆˆ
    Stoneskin caps (very easily) at 350 damage absorbed. For a WHM it should cap around 100 MND or lower.

Bigger Cure V are nice, but pretty far down the list of priorities.

Out of pure curiousity, since I don't play WHM heavily (it's only 33 and for subjob usage when it's 37), due to Cure V having no limit to its healing abilities (at least imo), supposedly it also has a -enmity factor attached to it (whether this is true I don't know). Now, hypothetically speaking, if such a factor is tagged to it, would the reduction be proportional to the amount healed or just a set rate?

More or less a food-for-thought question :3

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I heard Cure IV has enmity attatched to it, is this true? WHMs get yelled at if they use Cure IV, lol.

Wouldn't think Cure IV does, considering RDM can pull hate pretty easily with Cure IV (sometimes) and PLD can use that spell as well to gain hate. Cure V just seemed a canidate for this [from what I've heard] simply because it's restricted to WHM.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

cures 1-4 have no set hate ammount they are based on how much you cure for. Cure5's hate is set at a little more than what you would cure for with a normal cure3. So you don't lose hate by casting cure5, you just don't gain a lot.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: WHM Cure V

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    As of late a certain WHM in my linkshell has been insisting that the new WHM AF+1 is useless, I have been trying to convince him that the +MND on hands and head are extremely useful for Cure V and Stoneskin. He however thinks that Cure V caps just like the other cure spells. If you know about how people can get 1000+ Cure V's and how Cure V has no cap and adding MND will greatly affect it's results each casting, please post your opinions/tests with it. If you have seen or know of a good thread discussing MND effects on all 5 of the cure spells feel free to link or post that too. Thanks in advance.ˆˆ
    Stoneskin caps (very easily) at 350 damage absorbed. For a WHM it should cap around 100 MND or lower.

Bigger Cure V are nice, but pretty far down the list of priorities.
    raffle, how much do you wanna bet this is the person in my LS, hahah 1 post raffle trying to defend their silly ideas ;p. Oh ya and about that -enmity thing that sounds like something that'd be interesting to test, does anyone know how to work this parser, i couldn't ever figure it out lol~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Out of pure curiousity, since I don't play WHM heavily (it's only 33 and for subjob usage when it's 37), due to Cure V having no limit to its healing abilities (at least imo), supposedly it also has a -enmity factor attached to it (whether this is true I don't know). Now, hypothetically speaking, if such a factor is tagged to it, would the reduction be proportional to the amount healed or just a set rate?

More or less a food-for-thought question :3
    Not sure if this helps with your question but

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ffxi_news071703.shtml
    The enmity factor received for casting "Cure V" is no longer based on the amount healed, as is with the other "Cure" spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh and a couple tests on cure V here: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 291&num=14

As luck would have it, Lightsday was just starting as I read this, making all the figures much more fun to interpret >.>

The values I got were as follows (No cure potency items and I've removed the Lightsday bonus if I got one.)

Healing Skill MND Amount Healed (Actual Result)
    264 70 623 685 (Lightsday)
    264 80 639 639 (Lightsday, no bonus)
    264 92 656 722 (Lightsday)
    264 95 662 622 (Lightsday, no bonus)
    264 108 678 601 (Darksday)
    279 80 644 644 (Lightsday, no bonus)
    279 88 655 721 (Lightsday)

Which leads me to believe the formula is:

H = Healing Skill, M = Mind

Amount Healed = (H / 3) + (M * 1.5) + 430

This doesn't give 100% accurate results though (occasionally out by 1 or 2 HP) but I'm assuming any errors are due to rounding or something...

How does that compare to what you've come up with? Similar or...?

Side note: This suggests that +2 MND gives you the same benefit as +9 Healing Magic Skill (for Cure V).
    Edit: It's probably better to look at the table in the original thread since copy/paste doesnt seem to work so well.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ffxi_news071703.shtml
    The enmity factor received for casting "Cure V" is no longer based on the amount healed, as is with the other "Cure" spells.
    I never knew that...

So casting cure4 for 40hp or for 440 hp, it draws the same amount of hate ??

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

(You mean cure 5)

Based on the wording it seems so, but I haven't heard anyone testing it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I was thinking about it the other day and if you are in Temenos (Double Light Weather) + Lightsday + Light Obi + Apollos Staff + Aristocrats Tunic + Medicine Ring activated with Zenith Gear = +62% "Cure" Potency

That coupled with the best MND gear possible and double Bard songs could result in a 2k+ cure.... anyone willing to try ;p?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I was thinking about it the other day and if you are in Temenos (Double Light Weather) + Lightsday + Light Obi + Apollos Staff + Aristocrats Tunic + Medicine Ring activated with Zenith Gear = +62% "Cure" Potency

That coupled with the best MND gear possible and double Bard songs could result in a 2k+ cure.... anyone willing to try ;p?
    You can't break 2k even with the that setup unless you divine seal.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I don't have any of the items i mentioned lol so can anyone with them test the setup out and see if they can break 2k, using divine seal like kearnsy said?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

72% with healing feather.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I doubt its possible to break 2k w/o DS. Just like everything else in this game, you'll eventually encounter diminishing returns, and adding any more +MND wont do anything for you.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XaocRamuh
    I doubt its possible to break 2k w/o DS. Just like everything else in this game, you'll eventually encounter diminishing returns, and adding any more +MND wont do anything for you.
    the whole thing about this thread is to prove there is no calculable cap on Cure V, and so far we haven't found one, and breaking 2k would basically prove that there is no cap, just experimenting ;p... anyone up for it? oh ya and add in the healing feather like janice said so:

Aristocrats Tunic +12%
    Apollos/Light Staff +10%
    Medicine Ring (Zenith Activation) +10%
    Double-Light Weather +20%
    Lightsday +10%
    Healing Feather +10%
    Max MND Gear + Elvaan Race + Max Bard Songs for +MND
    (|Divine Seal|)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Part of the problem testing this I suppose at some point, you can't even find someone with enough HP (unless you use ballista items).

Galka MNK, full AF2 + full HP gear + food GO!