BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

drops club

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes there are two skeleton NMs that can appear on the boat between selbina and mhaura (depending on direction). If you see the "high class pirate", the NM will be summoned.

They drop the WHM clubs.
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6984
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6985

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

um... he's referring to the summoner on the pirate boat with a Verm, the 3 of them usually wear tunics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    um... he's referring to the summoner on the pirate boat with a Verm, the 3 of them usually wear tunics.
    I'm confused... I thought the summoners were the pirates? The "high classed one" being the one in the vermillion? I said if you see him, the NM will be summoned.

The OP also stated he didn't know there were these NMs hence the previous sentence in my post. @_@

I had quit for 8 months and came back for a few weeks to play. One of my friends needed help with NIN AF but DC'd just as we were getting on the boat. Next thing you know this jack ass comes along to do what Pirate's do and all I can think of is Sand Charm.

A PLD fisherman took a look and said "RUN!!!" I was like, 'Yo, fuck this skeleton bastard I got his ass!" That was just before he hit me for like 1500 with Flood.

I had no idea there were new NM's on the boat, sucks to be out of the loop.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the new Necromancer class will be able to wear Verms.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i don't ride boats.. they're too dangerous. AIRSHIP FTW!

[removed broken link]

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

killed the NMs a combined like 10 times, no drop (((

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah, i didn't know there are High Level NMs on the Boat

i was like wow! Pirate! Fun! Pirate NM! even more fun! so i shadowbind it

as soon as SB animation went off... my HP drop to red, i was like.... what the hell, cos the log haven't appear then the baselard come after me, i thought ok fine i still have my 3 shadows.... oh how wrong was i...

btw, i prefer airship too , but i need to go to Mhuara from Tavnasia to get a Tuning Fork of Lightning >.> i was deciding... Death port/use ducal guard ring to go to Jeuno, airship to windy, chocobo to Mhuara or go to Selbina, go on ferry and do nth for 15 min... i was lazy so.. ferry it was

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    drops club
    No they fucking don't

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    drops club
    No they fucking don't
    hahahahaha you know you want my club (since you mostly want seawolf, and assuming you're still gonna try getting it of course, I'd recommend you just keep tele-dem'ing if there's no instance of pirates and go back to selbina so that you're there for every possible selbina->mhaura boat and don't miss a silverhook pop)

btw just for the record, if you beat one of the 2 NMs and ride the boat again right after (I'm not sure if this happens always or just sometimes), but if there's a vermy-wearing pirate on the next boat, no NM will spawn. I saw this happen after I killed Silverhook before, I got all excited "hot damn! 2 pirate runs w/ NM in a row!" then Blackbeard didn't pop

I think they're lottery off the same thing and if you kill one, neither can pop for a bit of time (even if a "high quality" pirate shows up)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    drops club
    No they fucking don't
    hahahahaha you know you want my club (since you mostly want seawolf, and assuming you're still gonna try getting it of course, I'd recommend you just keep tele-dem'ing if there's no instance of pirates and go back to selbina so that you're there for every possible selbina->mhaura boat and don't miss a silverhook pop)

btw just for the record, if you beat one of the 2 NMs and ride the boat again right after (I'm not sure if this happens always or just sometimes), but if there's a vermy-wearing pirate on the next boat, no NM will spawn. I saw this happen after I killed Silverhook before, I got all excited "hot damn! 2 pirate runs w/ NM in a row!" then Blackbeard didn't pop

I think they're lottery off the same thing and if you kill one, neither can pop for a bit of time (even if a "high quality" pirate shows up)
    Thanks for the info Rex, saves me a little more time, lord knows I've already wasted enough. I've ridden the boat a few times after killing Silverhook before (never even seen Blackbeard) but never saw a Verm pirate to find that out myself. Rode the boat for four hours last night without seeing any pirates which takes my total up to, like, thirty hours camped only to be 0/3 on Silverhook, 0/0 on Blackbeard

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

also, I take it you know how to detect if there will be pirates right at the start of the trip to save you that bit of time waiting for the music?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

also, I take it you know how to detect if there will be pirates right at the start of the trip to save you that bit of time waiting for the music?
    MrArgus duh!!!!

(the door trick in cutscene)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

MrArgus duh!!!!

(the door trick in cutscene)
    Amazing how many people still don't know that trick, and they don't believe you even after you explain it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Anyone care to explain exactly how this door trick works for the benefit of curious folks like myself?

if you can target the door right in front of you INSTANTLY, it will be pirates, if not.. if you have to wait like 3seconds before it becomes targetable.. then no pirates.

1/1 on Blackbeard. Wasn't really trying to get it, but it popped while I was fishing with a friend, so I'm not complaining.

I kind of want to get Seawolf Cudgel too just to complete the set, but I'm too lazy to actually try to pop Silverhook ... which is pretty obnoxious to try to pop.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    if you can target the door right in front of you INSTANTLY, it will be pirates, if not.. if you have to wait like 3seconds before it becomes targetable.. then no pirates.
    YARRR!

never has it been more appropriate