+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Help

Hey, i quit ffxi on ps2 and moving to computer. My confict is whether i should buy this, http://alienware.com/product_detail_pag ... KU-DEFAULT , or have my computer built with these specs:

Asus Motherboard
    1 G.B. of RAM
    256 DDR Video Card
    120 G.B. HD
    DVD RW
    FLoppy
    Network Card
    19" screen

All for about 1000 dollars.

Just build your own computer.

If you know what you're doing and know how to fix things, it's ridiculously less expensive than buying an overpriced Alienware.

Ollieyk

Alienware is so overpriced it's stupid.

Build your own

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

ok cool thanks

even though you already got the replies.. I'll just add another hit to build your own. Save bigtime over any prebuilts

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Right i understand the money saving part, but is the quality the same for online gaming, especially for ffxi; which would be better for that aside from the prices, which would lag less, be quicker, and overall just better for gaming? If this one is built for me i am told it would be pretty powerful, but im wondering if alienware might be better? thanks

So how is Harvard Law treating you?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We'll see, i start next semester. How do you know that i am going there? read CAE forums?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get RAM... 1gb or more and that will help loads..

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzle
    Right i understand the money saving part, but is the quality the same for online gaming, especially for ffxi; which would be better for that aside from the prices, which would lag less, be quicker, and overall just better for gaming? If this one is built for me i am told it would be pretty powerful, but im wondering if alienware might be better? thanks
    doesnt matter if its prebuilt or not, use the same parts, get same performance.

all alien ware is is a fancy case and a $1000 "Free" t-shirt

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I had some friends back in Texas go to the alienware site and look at what parts they had in their ungodly overpriced computers.

They just wrote down the kinds of parts used and then ordered them separately online for like 800-1000 cheaper............................

We'll see, i start next semester. How do you know that i am going there? read CAE forums?
    Wait, so you were serious about getting in with your 4.8 GPA? Last time I checked, universities don't use weighted GPAs. If that were a high school GPA, please explain to me how or why Harvard Law would take someone directly out of high school. Or maybe i'm just paranoid and you're fucking 1337.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yeah i dno if it was weighted but im just sayin since i quit thats what i got but i did intern with a lawyer all summer all through till now and will continue to, plus almost a perfect score on LSATS(HARD) and SATs. i dno if im 1337 i just know that all my time in ffxi (15-16 hours a day give and take) was converted to studying and school stuff

lol /poke jizzle ^^ long time no see~ interesting how you lvld all those jobs in your sig after you quit~ same person who took your SAT's leveled them secretly ?

anyways, alienware laptops kinda suck, even with the best hardware in it, if you really consider starting to play again, go with a good self built desktop, no matter how good the laptop is, cant play ffxi on those X_x