+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Request for advice; Joft, Nikkei

Thank you in advance for clicking on the thread. My questions are about the RDM LB 5 fight.

I understand what pertains to the overal strategy, but my question is if you were to buff (ie; stoneskin, phalanx, etc.) prior to entering the BC, wouldn't those buffs be there when you enter since it's technically not zoning?

Would that be a good idea, since it wont give Maat time to cast any buffs on himself and having to rush to sleep and cast them all while he's zzzz'ing? Could also have up the buffs and pop a vile to recover the MP too yea?

I ask because I honestly don't know and I've never seen anyone approach the fight that way. They all mad dash to maat, sleep him, then buff/dispel. Why?

It's like all level capped BC's. You lose all bufs when you enter.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Maat can blink your spells away. If hes slept, he can't buff himself up. That sleep buys you the few seconds you need.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This whole "Matt emulates your stats when you enter the BC" is some old ass rumor, I dont even know how it came to be.

Consider this:
    When I did that on my thf, my h2h was around 150. What the fuck is maat doing h2hing me for 300 dmg crits (I specifically remember that) with 150 h2h skill ??

This whole "Matt emulates your stats when you enter the BC" is some old ass rumor, I dont even know how it came to be.

Consider this:
    When I did that on my thf, my h2h was around 150. What the fuck is maat doing h2hing me for 300 dmg crits (I specifically remember that) with 150 h2h skill ??
    When could THF buff themselves? Noone said anything about him mirroring your skills. Unless you were just going on a rant in no way related to the OP. He's /MNK and always uses H2H, so obviously he's gonna kick your ass with H2H.

People are mearly stating that you rush to him in order to keep him from buffing himself, an unbuffed Maat is 10 times easier to fight then a buffed one.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hoplon Shield !!!!!!!!!!!!11

I misunderstood him then. I've read "Should I enter Maat fight naked so he doesnt copy my stats" hundreds and hundreds of times over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

find my 2 year old post on allakhazam on how to beat him

run straight in, sleep him, dispel him until it takes off his shell or has no effect (whichever comes first obviously), be calm but don't take your precious time either, give yourself like 6 minutes to beat him.

and be prepared to try again, you might just get unlucky, and just keep doing it until you win, period

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree with Joft, the only thing I would add is that he does have blink a majority of the time you enter the bc. So I started off with stoneskin, 2 tier 1 nukes like stone and water and then slept him. Then dispel him like crazy and proceed with Joft's strategy. I also cheated and used a hermes quencher during chainspell so I could run and nuke without interruption. Good luck! (*'-')b

lol@ my edits. my computer spazzed again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Thank you, Joft, Nikkei and everyone who responded.

No, I wasn't asking if he mirrors the stats ^^

The hermes quencher seems like a neat idea, but I'll try playing with it solo a few times.

I think for this fight the price of a Crimson Jelly may be justified.

Looking for your post on Allak, Joft.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you won't find it, it's seriously 2 years old (and there's probably stickied ones better than mine now anyway)

i'd recommend defense food and vile elixirs

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A plain ol' Melon Pie did the trick for me. =\ (First try at 69, etc etc)

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    A plain ol' Melon Pie did the trick for me. =\ (First try at 69, etc etc)
    /nod

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I used my BLM wanna be strat (since I'm a taru)

Ate a Rolanberry Pie, went in, ran to edge, slept him, Stoneskin, blink, and then aero III > Blink (repeat till MP low), eat Vile Elixir, Repeat Aero III > Blink > If needed Vile Elixir +1 Aero III > BLink.

I've done it on hume and taru so I presume its possible with a mithra. I don't know about elvaan or galka.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ate a Rolanberry Pie, went in, ran to edge, slept him, Stoneskin, blink, and then aero III > Blink (repeat till MP low), eat Vile Elixir, Repeat Aero III > Blink > If needed Vile Elixir +1 Aero III > BLink.
    That's what I did, flawless victory.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    That's what I did, flawless victory.
    I got hit.. but also gained 0.4 Shield skill blocking Maat. (No one knew about hidden effects of Elemental staves when I first did it. Hell my dark staff (NQ) cost me 400k on titan)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also put in earth staff in my macros to use medicines, as well as stoneskin. The damage reduction may save you from an interruption. Also, toss on Aquaveil if you have the MP to spare. (Even lower chances of an interruption.)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I never even thought about stoneskin being earth based...good call Septimus, I'll macro it that way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    I never even thought about stoneskin being earth based...good call Septimus, I'll macro it that way.
    Earth staff does not improve stoneskin, it just will help to prevent you from being interrupted while recasting if Maat should wake up cranky.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    you won't find it, it's seriously 2 years old (and there's probably stickied ones better than mine now anyway)

i'd recommend defense food and vile elixirs
    i looked for the post, its dated april 04