Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

WAR or RNG for Sealions Den BC?

What are people's experiences with these jobs on Omega/Ultima fight? I've tried a few times with rng and wiped on Omega, and since WAR is the new rng I was thinking of tanking it to the BC instead.

My main concern is not having Slug > Barrage > a few shots > Slug for raping at 20% HP. All imput appreciated.

Our Setup is:

NIN/WAR (has BST and BRD)
    PLD/WAR (has BST)
    RNG/NIN (has THF)
    RNG/NIN or WAR/NIN (has SAM) me
    RDM
    SMN or BLM

Cleared it with both rng and war =/ setups being pld mnk rng whm rdm blm and nin mnk war rdm whm blm. worked fine each setup for our groups, but i think war ended up dealing more DoT than rng

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think WAR would be better incase something goes wrong and that backup tank can come in handy.

i dont think your problem is choosing between rng and war. you really should have a whm, if your nin is main tanking, and i dont see why he wouldnt be, double slow really sucks and you need that whm for erase. rng or war can get the job done damage wise, but if i HAD to choose i would go with rng only because they get to stay out of range of AOE weaponskills. and its probably not the best idea to have a nin and pld.....pld is a waste of space. make him level whitemage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea I already know it's not the most efficient setup, but you gotta work with what you got. We were planning on having PLD take over tanking if/when NIN gets hit with super slow, or I could if I go WAR. Anyone have any experience with BST dmg in this BC? if BST would be a better choice than PLD?

But yea guess I will go with RNG then for big bulk dmg for finishing them off and staying out of AoE range.

Black Belt
    BG Level

PLD + NIN is redundant.

PLD + BRD would work.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    Yea I already know it's not the most efficient setup, but you gotta work with what you got. We were planning on having PLD take over tanking if/when NIN gets hit with super slow, or I could if I go WAR. Anyone have any experience with BST dmg in this BC? if BST would be a better choice than PLD?

But yea guess I will go with RNG then for big bulk dmg for finishing them off and staying out of AoE range.
    BST works good only if WAR SJ is available and they have damage gear... not their charm pet gear.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea we tried PLD + BRD once or twice but PLD gets owned by enstun, blinkable WSs and crap. Overall we did better with NIN.

@ Okan: Yea BST has DD gear, I'm wondering if Carrie does good dmg too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

One thing I hate about WAR in that BC is that most of them pull hate and die like retard Having 2-3 melee in AoE range always end up costing a ton of mp to mage, and turn hate toward them due to massive healer.

I don't know if one is better then the other, but I did it a couple of time with both setup, and it work fine

Concerning the topic's creator party, the only thing I've to say is good luck. If you manage to beat this BC without WHM (and not using lame strategy like smnx6, or blmx6), you deserve a trophy

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I guess we will all stock up on hi potions like mad to relieve som healing on the mages, WHM is for pansies

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    One thing I hate about WAR in that BC is that most of them pull hate and die like retard Having 2-3 melee in AoE range always end up costing a ton of mp to mage, and turn hate toward them due to massive healer.

I don't know if one is better then the other, but I did it a couple of time with both setup, and it work fine

Concerning the topic's creator party, the only thing I've to say is good luck. If you manage to beat this BC without WHM (and not using lame strategy like smnx6, or blmx6), you deserve a trophy
    6 BLM would fail... Omega does Discharger and has too much HP. Discharger does 100% Magic resist.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I played a friend's RNG to help some other people clear the mission and I was busting out 1k Sidewinders on the Mammets post RNG nerf. (forget how much they did on ultima/omega but it was a pretty decent amount)

The secret to Ultima/Omega is NIN + BRD. IIRC have the BRD sing double Mambo for the Mammets and the first boss and then double haste songs for the second boss. I think our NIN got hit like maybe 3 or 4 times through both fights.

our setup was: nin/war, nin/war, war/nin, rng/sam, rdm/whm, whm/blm ~
    beat it on second try (wiped on first try because we ran in without any polymers >.<)
    both rng and war made around the same amount of damage on mammets and ultima, the war clearly owned omega. tons of skillchains and DoT by rng and war during the whole bcnm came up for the missing damage because of the 2 nins.
    grab both for your run, if you can . the war to prevent your asses being handed to you on a silver plate if your tanks fail, nasty DoT and mighty strikes, the rng for constant stunning with spartan bullets <3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I had suggested using spartan bullets but heard they had really low proc rate. Too bad our NIN is also our only BRD so no uber NIn + BRD combo

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

rng and stand by mages so aoe dont hit you

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had suggested using spartan bullets but heard they had really low proc rate. Too bad our NIN is also our only BRD so no uber NIn + BRD combo
    Luckily for us, almost all of us have 2 jobs that we can use in the BC... Some just have loads more.
    Me: WHM,BLM
    P2: WHM,BLM
    P3: WHM,SMN
    P4: BLM,BRD
    P5: SAM,NIN,RNG,PLD,RDM,missing others.
    P6: BLM,RDM
    P7: RNG,BRD,WAR

I had suggested using spartan bullets but heard they had really low proc rate.
    hmmm... they worked pretty well for us at least on omega, we only used 1 polymer on him because he was stunned quite a lot anyways. i kinda lost focus as we entered the ultima part, i had worse problems, being one of the 2 nins, than how many times stun kicked in from ranged attacks
    ultima took us what seemed like hours, but we came out with more than 12 minutes left, we saved a lot of time on the mammets with 2 nins - each tanking 2 at once and war+rng taking out one after another. omega went smooth+1 as well for some reason {/cheer} our DD team ^^

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

6 BLM would fail... Omega does Discharger and has too much HP. Discharger does 100% Magic resist.
    Not if it goes down from 30% to 0% instantly Beside, discharger last 30sec, it's not forever.

They had I think 5BLM and 1 RDM (or was it BRD) and they Zombi'd the whole BC.

Nuke (bind or grav after for more nuke, forgot which one they did) and wipe. Reraise and waste their remaining mp. Reraise again and wait for double weakness.

i beat this with

PLD
    WAR
    NIN
    RDM
    BLM
    WHM, so, PLD + NIN can work