+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

An idea to take advantage of the constant maintence

And this is just food for thought guys, so hear me out.

What if the leaders of the NA end game linkshells created "board" to discuss and make a list of HNMs that they plan to camp immediately after maintence, when times are usually reset?

Think for a second. If there was a list that the leaders agreed on, and integrity of the LSs were in check, we could all have a much higher chance at killing that monster. You would be limited to the monster you've chosen and the other LS's agreed to not camp. but at least you'd be alone in the camp (excluding the chance of JP LSs).

Meh, fk it, I'm bored.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Interesting idea but..

It seems most likely everyone would want Fafnir and/or Behemoth. Not many people seem concerned with NQ turtle except for the sake of ToD.

If your server has a lot of HNMLSes then there's just not enough for everyone (assuming they are mostly concerned with the land kings) so I doubt an agreement would end up being made.

HNM LS 1 Wants Fafnir.
    HNM LS 2 Wants Fafnir.
    HNM LS 3 Wants Fafnir.
    HNM LS 4 Wants Fafnir.
    Small HNM LS wants Serket.
    Some random JP HNM LS Wants Serket.

It would never work -_- nobody would obey and would agree on randoming to HNM rights after mait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissofdie
    Switchtstix takes all www

I guess to the extent it wouldnt be to bad but you know no one would obide to what they agree on they would kill theres and rush to yours hopeign to get it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

It just seems so silly to all rush to Fafnir's camp, when stuff like Charybdis (sp), KA, etc. may be up as well.

Not many people seem concerned with NQ turtle except for the sake of ToD.
    I'd be interested in the NQ =) I've never fought any of the turtles. Though, I really wish SE would offer another monster to drop Crimson body.

Completely unrelated thing to say, again, because I'm bored; I want to log my mule out in Chary's camp to start getting ToD's, but I think he would die too often. Is there a spot in that camp a very low level mule can be without sneak on? Any spot where the mantas don't go?

True jp but ok for example let me see if i can remember i been gone almost a year now so lets see cant remember ls name we won the randomfor fafnir and the ls that lost ran out there even though they lost and took fafnir so i think ti would play same here to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    It just seems so silly to all rush to Fafnir's camp, when stuff like Charybdis (sp), KA, etc. may be up as well.
    Unfortunately, not many group are concerned much with those NMs. They want abjurations, not really sellable/buyable items. Charybdis for example is largely considered something you do on your own time (solo/duo whatever til he pops then ask people to come).

Completely unrelated thing to say, again, because I'm bored; I want to log my mule out in Chary's camp to start getting ToD's, but I think he would die too often. Is there a spot in that camp a very low level mule can be without sneak on? Any spot where the mantas don't go?
    I think the very back of that room might be safe or on the ramp after the door leading to where he is (i think only the water elemental travels there and the other manta stays outside?).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

charby is 6hr repop.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

In my experience Chary is around a 10-14 hour pop. But then there's horror stories you hear about it not popping for over 30 (/comfort Nikkei).

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Benadar
    In my experience Chary is around a 10-14 hour pop. But then there's horror stories you hear about it not popping for over 30 (/comfort Nikkei).

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

during mait there is only one thing an LS can do

http://www.isketch.net

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    charby is 6hr repop.
    I camped that asshole squid for 8 hours after server up last year when I got my Joyeuse. I hate him so much. >_<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

lol charby just hate RDMs

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I got him after 2 hours of camping (wasn't sure the ToD). Another RDM in my ls found him up and unclaimed and we went and killed. He likes some RDMs. 8)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Good idea, not enough good people to implement it.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Benadar
    36 HOURS. It's a time in my life I would like to forget.