+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

For all you Naruto fans, I have some bad news.

There will be more fillers to come, yep.

TWENTY THREE fucking weeks of it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

-.- i saw that too

honestly some of it isnt that bad, its when they do the reminicsing episodes O M G, no one does it better (or technically worse) than naruto

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Be glad you don't have the horrible American dub. It is unwatchable.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

bleh, i caught an episode or two and the voices were all wrong, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG

not to mention they cut out parts, basically made the show bad, and its a shame cause the show starts out slow as it is, doing this is only going to make it so no one is watching when things do start to get good (/em points to his avatar)

GOOD JOB FUNIMATION

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    bleh, i caught an episode or two and the voices were all wrong, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG

not to mention they cut out parts, basically made the show bad, and its a shame cause the show starts out slow as it is, doing this is only going to make it so no one is watching when things do start to get good (/em points to his avatar)

GOOD JOB FUNIMATION
    Blame it on the people who let Funimation dub it. They should have watched the first episode and had the people from Funimation arrested and tried for crimes against humanity.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I wonder if this'll cause Naruto to get Kenshined.

For those who don't know: after the Kyoto Arc of Rurouni Kenshin, (where Kenshin fights Shishio) the show had to put in a lot of filler because the manga wasn't very far ahead. This was a huge chunk of filler, probably not much different in length than Naruto's block will be. Do you know what happened to Kenshin? The show got cancelled before it could resume the actual story because the filler arcs drove ratings into the ground.

GG Naruto.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    I wonder if this'll cause Naruto to get Kenshined.

For those who don't know: after the Kyoto Arc of Rurouni Kenshin, (where Kenshin fights Shishio) the show had to put in a lot of filler because the manga wasn't very far ahead. This was a huge chunk of filler, probably not much different in length than Naruto's block will be. Do you know what happened to Kenshin? The show got cancelled before it could resume the actual story because the filler arcs drove ratings into the ground.

GG Naruto.
    I doubt that will ever happen to Naruto because its absolutely HUGE in Japan. Even with the fillers, it gets higher rating than Bleach >.> pretty scary. I'm sure ratings won't be as much as the manga story though, once its animated its going to be the best thing ever.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Kenshin was also semi finished in the Samuri X video the last one
    (spoiler coming)
    Kenshin dies of Leprosi or however u spell it
    i dont however think naruto will die out like kenshin

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

You still have the manga. :D

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Armani
    You still have the manga. :D
    God bless the manga. The story is really good right now ^^

ok...why in the world would they make so many fucking fillers. I would have preferred it if they decided to just show reruns for a while but no. I can't stand any of this filler shit from the frist fucking episode.

why....

WHY!?

E. Body
    BG Level

Because they have to keep viewer's interested until the manga gets a good headstart away from the anime.

Fillers, while incredibly shitty, DO serve a purpose, and that purpose is to give you a clean manga based episode without having to put in flashbacks/fillers just for the sake of dragging out the series just so that the anime doesn't catch up to the manga. Which is what you will get next year, well animated and (for the most part) filler-less manga goodness in the TV series.

ya i understand the purpose of them. more of a i hate fillers kind of why. I duno i watched some of the earlier fillers and could not get into them regardless of animation quality. the story just seemed way too lame for me. until these twenty sum eps are over, however, i will keep myself entertained w/ bleach :3

Only bad news if people are watching the anime and not reading the manga

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara
    ok...why in the world would they make so many fucking fillers. I would have preferred it if they decided to just show reruns for a while but no. I can't stand any of this filler shit from the frist fucking episode.
    i don't think Japanese does reruns. i mean they probably do have them at like 2 AM or 2 PM but the 7 PM time slot or whenever this stuff is shown never has reruns.

unlike American TV where 9 PM Thursday is the Friends time slot for like 10 years until the show is cancelled, there is no Naruto time slot, there's an anime time slot that's expected to be filled by something new every week year round.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

23 weeks of fillers? Time to d/l the manga instead

unless that anime timespot is filled up w/ action packed tennis matches

Whats a filler ?

Ive been watching the episodes on cartoon network, seems pretty good so far but the bad thing is gotta wait 1 week for new episodes

Relic Shield
    BG Level

a filler is when they take a break from the main plot to do retarded side-stories with 10x the stupid humor of a normal episode

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by blud
    Whats a filler ?

Ive been watching the episodes on cartoon network, seems pretty good so far but the bad thing is gotta wait 1 week for new episodes
    episodes that have nothing to with the main storyline = filler.

filler episodes can be taken out completely and everything will still make sense.

Bleach filler is the worse i've ever seen.