Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Akiro

Xavier ill be a whore in your War parties anytime you like :wink:

The difference is a ranger pre-patch could do incredibly high numbers with under 1 million in gear, only using consumables which were not really that bad especially if you had woodworking leveled to 62, where as for a warrior to do those same kind of numbers you're looking at multiple millions in gear. My ranger and warrior are both pretty pimped out, but my warrior equipment is about 40 million, while my ranger equipment is about 12-13 million. Have I spent 28 Million in ammo? No way.

I'll reply to the bitch/rant about the RNG nerf, yeah it was very gross how much DMG a RNG could do with even semi-decent gear. But in the same sentence, it doesnt cost you X-amount of GIL everytime u swing a axe/g.axe. And depending on what ammo you use, its very easy to spend a ton on ammo without even realizing it. Dont get me wrong a little nerf would have been nice, I used to love RNGs in my PTs but its like taking a dogs nuts, yeah its a still a dog... but... /cry

anyways my 2 cents

Demosthenes11

Be a man
    Be a monk

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

:)

Glad I leveled war out of love for the job. ^^

Peace
    -GarrettX
    75drg/75war/75rng/74smn/65pld

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Be a man
    Be a monk
    lick my nuts

Quote Originally Posted by burntaru
    ...but its like taking a dogs nuts, yeah its a still a dog... but... /cry
    Has nothing to do with the subject (hell forgot what it was all about already) but this is the best line of the day!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

RDM and BRDs are whores...they fit into any merit pt and can freeload from wars, blms and mnks alike.
    Afaik, high chains in MNK and WAR PTs (like chain 30-40+) are soley the accomplishment of the mages; any idiot can wear a shitload of nice gear and engage. And having nice gear isn't even a requirement for MNK PTs, really.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by Dann
    RDM and BRDs are whores...they fit into any merit pt and can freeload from wars, blms and mnks alike.
    Afaik, high chains in MNK and WAR PTs (like chain 30-40+) are soley the accomplishment of the mages; any idiot can wear a shitload of nice gear and engage. And having nice gear isn't even a requirement for MNK PTs, really.
    this is very true...you can have the best melee in the world, but if your brd isnt pulling well...then only chain 7-10

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

While whm can do well in War pts it's sometimes hard to convince a pt to take a whm over a RDM, hence it took me like 3 months to get whm from 71-75 >< Pulling really isn't that hard, if your rdm has crimson legs they can help pull some of the aura butlers for really long chains <3, sometimes if lucky you can make that pull as brd.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Let's not forget the poor RDMs and BRDs who also participated.
    I get the feeling that the freeloaders are the DD and not the mages
    The other day, i was in a krt pt as a lvl 75 brd. The monks were: 2 lvl 74 mnks + 1 75 mnk. None of the mnk's had god gear and only one mnk had any merit points, they were wearing their dorky orange body armor... yet we were still hitting max chains of 30-36 per 25-30 minutes. (yea we were doing the sissy krt route where you cant chain endlessly but for 11k/hr i dont care)

I have never seen a mnk turn down a KRT party. But I have seen brds or mages that refuse to do KRT because it requires so much work and focus.

As for War becoming the new Rng... I dont think any job can ever do as much DD as the old ranger used to do...
    Remember, in ranger , arrowburn parties, you still needed a tank to take up one of the three mage slots (or a 4th ranger's slot) which slowed the party down.
    With Warriors and Monks, they do not need a dedicated tank and therefore could afford to get an extra bard or 4th DD in the party while the Rng party could not. That's the only reason why people think Warriors or monks are more powerful than what pre-nerfed rangers used to be.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There was never any use for a tank in RNG pts cause they would only hold hate until the first slug/sidewinder was fired anyways,

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    There was never any use for a tank in RNG pts cause they would only hold hate until the first slug/sidewinder was fired anyways,
    hmm, maybe i've been setting up my pre-nerf ranger exp parties wrong all this time... are you saying i should have gotten a 4th ranger instead of a nin tank? or a bard instead of a tank? (As a fragile taru rng i usually prefered getting a whm for r3 as insurance instead of a brd hehe)

Also, with -3 enmity from merits, a ranger shouldnt be able to draw aggro *everytime* away from a good ninja tank provided the ranger and ninja both WS at around the same time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Chidorii
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Let's not forget the poor RDMs and BRDs who also participated.
    Amen to that. I shutter when people ask me to join MNK parties, if all of the mages aren't great then you're in for a really long night.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I wouldn't say it's SOLELY the accomplishments of the mages. There's more to melee than just engaging and WSing(I'm not saying it's HARD to play a melee), and regardless of equipment there's a definate difference in parses between a melee who knows what he's doing and a melee who is less experienced.

I've played with sleepy BRD's who do nothing but Minuet and RDM's who only haste the "tank" and still manage to get high chains just because the melee were able to carry the difference. Then again, I've been with very good BRD's and RDM's and we couldn't break chain 5 on Aura Weapons because the melee weren't strong enough... and it wasn't their gear...

Although if the mages TOTALLY suck(no dia, no pulling, no haste), then you're just crewed period. =P Someone told me an analogy a long time ago that "If you have crappy melee you can still make a decent PT, but if your mages suck it's like trying to make a basketball team with a bunch of fat white kids."

Also, a WHM isn't that different from a RDM in WAR PT's... No convert, refresh or aspir... But they can still Dia2, Haste, Curaga, and flash whirl of rage. I'd take a good WHM over a mediocre RDM anyday. =P

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

hmm, maybe i've been setting up my pre-nerf ranger exp parties wrong all this time... are you saying i should have gotten a 4th ranger instead of a nin tank? or a bard instead of a tank? (As a fragile taru rng i usually prefered getting a whm for r3 as insurance instead of a brd hehe)

Also, with -3 enmity from merits, a ranger shouldnt be able to draw aggro *everytime* away from a good ninja tank provided the ranger and ninja both WS at around the same time.
    A good nin or war at lv 75 could of course hold hate and deal great dmg, but when a rng would bust out a 1800 dmg slug shot your enmity -3 wont help you.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, you really should have... We had done 4 RNG/NIN +BRD+RDM at times but the first ranger that pulls hate spends too much time tanking after that.

WAR/NIN or a really pimped MNK/NIN made the best "tanks" in the old arrowburn parties. We used to have a monk (since quit the game) that was just ridiculous, parsered higher than all but the pimpest rangers in middle-camp shrine parties...even with /nin.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The other day, i was in a krt pt as a lvl 75 brd. The monks were: 2 lvl 74 mnks + 1 75 mnk. None of the mnk's had god gear and only one mnk had any merit points, they were wearing their dorky orange body armor... yet we were still hitting max chains of 30-36 per 25-30 minutes. (yea we were doing the sissy krt route where you cant chain endlessly but for 11k/hr i dont care)
    Melee PT can get 10k per hour without BRD Just bring 5 war on weapon and they will die as fast, if not quicker. Yeah, you need a mage to heal, but mage need DD the same way