Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What is defeniation of holding HNM.

So, maybe you read top page, please tell me what is it like on other server.
    I'M TIRED OF BEING POLITE

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What happened that pissed you off so bad Ed?

Edit: I see, They sound like sore losers to me.

I am definatly no pro, but here is what I would call holding: LS A and B camping ls B gets claim but only has say 3 people there to fight. So they sleep it, kite it, or whatever to keep claim until backup arrives. Even though LS A was there and has the manpower they are screwed.

Tell me if I am off because I have learned a lot this past week

So, maybe you read top page, please tell me what is it like on other server.
    I'M TIRED OF BEING POLITE
    Tell people to fuck themselves, 1hour chaos was made for a reason. You cant hold longer then an hour. Why does it matter if you sleep Fafnir for 45mins and zerg him the last 15mins? As long as you can kill within the 1hour time limit then its a genuine kill. There is no holding, and especially not of Fafnir. (Now the same rules don't apply to KB... as people know how to cheat him, and will try and work around it.)

People will bitch and complain no matter what you do if you get claim over them, some people just want every pop, and will do and try anything
    for that to happen. But please still be polite, and kindly tell them to fuck off. :wink:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't really think holding is an issue anymore since they added the "SSJ timers". My LS usually takes 15-20 minutes to kill Fafnir but tonight it took us 40 minutes due to holding with seven while we waited for people to log on through the constant server gayness. Is taking 40 minutes to kill Fafnir when other lesser linkshells take 40-60 when they get the claim something to feel guilty of? I don't think so.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Tell people to fuck themselves, 1hour chaos was made for a reason.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Xavier

We logged on at server up, had 3 people instantly on, 2 blms and a pld, so we e sealed slept fafnir two times before we had another pld, 2 whms another rdm and blm, and then proceeded to kill it. I don't know how much people know, but doing pld/nin tanks is really stressful without a bard, so it was a really interesting fight.

FI, every server up, has logged on, had NOWHERE near enough to kill Fafnir, seen us gathering, and ran in with rdm/nin and slept Fafnir. Today, we decided to log in the pit and FORCE us to do the same so we wouldn't get screwed, FI flips out and has this argument for 2hours about how its bullshit that we'd sleep Fafnir and that they demand the next Fafnir we claim as payment.

I'm calling bullshit.

Oh just read the front page...... 5 min? Kinda ridiculous. If this is how FI is then I say fuck em (we should have kept that and we only gave it back because the NA community said thats what we should do) Not to mention those assholes held our turtle for 20 min until they got the people there. Someone please say "All HNM rules are off on Bahamut except between NA ls"

We hold things when it suits us, and bitch to eachother about other people for holding.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last server up, I used elemental seal near the Fafnir pit. FI then runs in with 3 people, and sorta hold it till more people log on.

After they beat it, they send Ed tells about how I was planning on holding Fafnir. I dont understand.

I hope you guys get it again when the servers are up. lol

fuck them, holding rules dont really apply anymore, if they ever did, with the "SSJ" shit

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's a 1 hour limit for a reason.

On our server, there really were no rules regarding holding. Then again, I can't recall people ever holding mobs for a long amount of time.

I'm on Sylph btw.

Today, looked like the Japanese group that camps against us every day (who are actually pretty cool people), didn't have enough, one of their members sent me a tell asking for us to kill it. So we did, and it dropped shit.

Akiro

the can go fuck themselves they get claim Fafnir enough as it is 1 claim they actually miss and they flip a bitch,last server up they held it i guess rules dont apply to them.

Why even bother 'negotiating' with an LS like that? If they complain just tell 'em to suck it up and move on.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I don't really think holding is an issue anymore since they added the "SSJ timers". My LS usually takes 15-20 minutes to kill Fafnir but tonight it took us 40 minutes due to holding with seven while we waited for people to log on through the constant server gayness. Is taking 40 minutes to kill Fafnir when other lesser linkshells take 40-60 when they get the claim something to feel guilty of? I don't think so.
    argh @ you guys, prolly gonna get next pop after this maintenance too

any noteworthy drops?

I'm going to go with what the others are saying. The time limit you have before they go crazy is the amount of time you get to kill off whatever mob it is. If you can't kill it in that amount of time then hey give it up, someone elses turn.

That is the exact reason why that was put in place is to prevent people from holding it forever, as said earlier its legit as long as its killed within that time period.

So don't worry about it Ed, BG was 100% within their rights to sleep it for, omg, 5 minutes, no worries so just ignore them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

On Garuda there are only 4 or 5 HNMLS. There are some unwritten rules like don't claim it if you can't kill it, randoming if a LS will/might wipe like many servers have.

Holding though is not really an issue, even if an LS claims with 6, it is fair to give them the full hour (until hyper) before randoming, as they won claim and deserve the opportunity to fight and kill the mob.

From what you have said, FI is a greedy, low skill LS who is trying to get a free Fafnir from you. So, basically yeah, it's horseshit.

Ishmaela
    RNG75/PLD71/RDM75/NIN61
    Persistence HNMLS - Garuda

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    argh @ you guys, prolly gonna get next pop after this maintenance too

any noteworthy drops?
    A.Abjuration: Feet (which we're close to tossing/letting people have for HQ chance), Andvaranauts and Dragon Talon -_-;

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah.. there's 60min for a reason now, though I think it's awfully lenient, it's still what's there to prevent "holding" as it once was. Each group, 1 person or 18 people at the time of claiming, has 60min to do whatever the fuck they want with Fafnir. If they want to jack him off with sleeps 40min, kill in 20, they can. Unless a group has a way to control/reset/dictate their own rage timer, they're within the limits set by SE and that we all have to live by. FI can eat a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish
    On Garuda there are only 4 or 5 HNMLS. There are some unwritten rules like don't claim it if you can't kill it, randoming if a LS will/might wipe like many servers have.

Holding though is not really an issue, even if an LS claims with 6, it is fair to give them the full hour (until hyper) before randoming, as they won claim and deserve the opportunity to fight and kill the mob.

From what you have said, FI is a greedy, low skill LS who is trying to get a free Fafnir from you. So, basically yeah, it's horseshit.

Ishmaela
    RNG75/PLD71/RDM75/NIN61
    Persistence HNMLS - Garuda
    Ehhh I don't think they are low skill they are pretty good from everything I have saw, and their rdm is amazing (my opinion) but greedy yes +1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast