+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doom Movie     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Doom Movie

I haven't seen it yet, wondering if anyone else has?

Good? Bad? Disappointing? worth seeing?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Spoilers ***********************************

It's okay, for the most part, the rocks shitty acting isn't as bad as it was in scorpion king, and he turns out to not be the main character, which is awsome. The storyline is kinda scewed off if you played doom 1-3 and or read teh books. The first person view that they give is pretty sweat for about 5mins in the movie near the end, I'd give it a 3/5 not jaw dropping but amusing none the less.

the rocks shitty acting
    That's what's seriously putting me off this movie. 1st person looks cool, but the Rock is in it. He's, like, the Adam Sandler of action movies. <.<

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissyestel
    He's, like, the Adam Sandler of action movies. <.<
    In every comedy but rarely funny? I think thats almost like Will Ferrill (forget last name sp). He hasn't been funny to me since Anchorman.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    In every comedy but rarely funny? I think thats almost like Will Ferrill (forget last name sp). He hasn't been funny to me since Anchorman.
    that's not a very bold statement, he's only had like 1 movie since anchorman.

He was in that Bewitched and Kicking and Screaming

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

whatever 2 movies in like 1 years time... give him some slack!

Akiro

is Doom another House of the Dead, not based on the game, but someone just had to make it a movie.

Movie was all right. It was of course more about the action scenes. You are treated right off the back to a girl getting her hand ripped off/exploded off in a door at the begining of the movie.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

He made me laugh in Mr and Mrs Smith >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    And we could hear the beating of native drums in the distance.. as we filled our stomachs with goat flesh......

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Ok for anyone who knows about the doom story or doesn't heres doom story in a nutshell.

We in the future, eventually travel to mars and find signs of life, upon excavation we discover anciant artifacts tablets and information to contruct portals. We, stupidly, make those damned portals only to find out that it was a warning not a blueprint. It seems hell can seep into earth from these portals sending their demon armies to purge first mars and then the earth using the portals we have made for them. (this is the basic story behind the game)

Now in the movie:

SPOILERS: (bassically the plot if you don't wanna know skip this part)

in the movie the demons are not demons, they are created by use, through genetic experimenting. The reason we are experimenting is because we discovered a portal ON EARTH that leads to mars called "The Arc" It transports those onto mars in an instant like a portal. Upon mars they discover a dig site but they uncover tablets and Humanoid remains. These humanoids are almost identical to us except they have 24 chromosomes, (we have 23 which makes us what we are) the plot leads on from there that some people are born with evil and good tendencies and that chromosome 24 brings out those tendencies 100 fold. so if your an asshole, you become a demon or undead etc. the first person mode takes place after a person with "good tedencies" injects himself and becomes like "super human" with advanced agility reflexes.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    I didn't know he was even in Mr and Mr Smith, I only saw Vince from the group in that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ian, i wasn't allowed in the fucking doom movie because my fag friends forgot their IDs. some old bitch who looked like my art teacher stopped us. anyway, i think waiting > doom even though i didnt see doom yet

Only really funny thing in Waiting was the ballshowing game......and you use IDs to get into Movies?? Haha, you're weak.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    Only really funny thing in Waiting was the ballshowing game......and you use IDs to get into Movies?? Haha, you're weak.
    LOL Kids.

OP

I kinda want to see it, hoping it will be better than Mortal Kombat (Movie).

You can basically some up the whole movie very easily:

The Rock: LETS GO! FUCK

Shoot shoot kill die bam boom

The Rock: MOFUCKA

Shoot kill die teleport bam shit boom

Doom Guy: I am super Human

The Rock: THEN LETS FIGHT....MOFUCKA

End

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    ian, i wasn't allowed in the fucking doom movie because my fag friends forgot their IDs. some old bitch who looked like my art teacher stopped us. anyway, i think waiting > doom even though i didnt see doom yet
    Do people not buy tickets for a different movie and go to see the ones they want anymore?

Not being a smartass or anything, just wondering.

That method works. There is also the "I really need to use the bathroom" strategy. It usually doesn't work, but if you can get it to the point where "I'm about to take a dump right in the middle of this lobby" some of the ticket takers will let you through. Then you can see any movies you want without even buying a ticket :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    That method works. There is also the "I really need to use the bathroom" strategy. It usually doesn't work, but if you can get it to the point where "I'm about to take a dump right in the middle of this lobby" some of the ticket takers will let you through. Then you can see any movies you want without even buying a ticket :D.
    Gonna try that.