Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luminian Tissue     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Luminian Tissue

Is it just me, or is the drop rate on tissue retarded?

I've got all the organs I need for 3 obis now, but I've yet to see even one tissue pop. Some kind of secret to getting them I don't know about?

Seriously getting tired of killing these things--I don't want any more obis, I didn't want any after my first two (Thunder+Ice), but I can't stop killing shit until I get the tissue.

kill VT Aerns. They drop a higher % then any mob Ive seen. Shit out in Al'Taieu is a waste of your time.

Don't mind my stupidity, but a good place to go for that is...?

I just got access yesterday, and got access to the palace today... hopefully I don't need garden =x

Head into the palace and take the first door on your right. I see RDMs, and BLMs solo them all the time. Seems to be pretty easy, a NIN could probably solo em, if you picked the right job and brought the right meds, and soloed at the zone.

Aern Difficulty based on Job:

DRG: 1/10
    RDM: 1/10
    DRK: 1/10
    SAM: 1/10
    WHM: 1/10
    BLM: 1/10
    SMN: 1/10
    BRD: 1/10
    WAR: 1/10
    MNK: 1/10
    PLD: 1/10
    THF: 1/10
    RNG: 1/10
    NIN: 1/10
    BST: 10000000000000/10

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Aern Difficulty based on Job:

DRG: 1/10
    RDM: 1/10
    DRK: 1/10
    SAM: 1/10
    WHM: 1/10
    BLM: 1/10
    SMN: 1/10
    BRD: 1/10
    WAR: 1/10
    MNK: 1/10
    PLD: 1/10
    THF: 1/10
    RNG: 1/10
    NIN: 1/10
    BST: 10000000000000/10

Discuss.
    Dragoon aern is annoying due to specials that it gets, and the summoner aern can be annoying cause of the elemental.

BST is by far the worst to kill in a duo/trio. Especially if you don't have a BRD, since apparently the damn pet's resistant to dark.

Barely Escaped from that one with a friend who decided to come help me far. I never, ever want to fight a BST Aern with 2/3 people, ever again. Nerf BST.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I had a decent drop rate on tissues on the eastern Om'Phuabos, but they've been very bitchy lately. I got tissues for my thunder and ice, and I have all the organs needed for dark, but no tissues. -_-

Duo'd 50 Aerns inside palace, VT.

All were engaged by myself and duo partner. 3 organs.

No other drops. SE hates me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Imo try the Phuabos, they're very easy to kill and you should be able to go through them fast, especially in a duo.

One thing I noticed, the Phuabos in Northern Al'Taieu had an insane organ drop rate, we would get like 2 organs per kill nearly every kill. No tissues though, but the drop rate for those might be incrased too.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BST aerns are the worst. At least with a SMN the pet dies when they do. A BST pet has a much HP as an aern and doesnt die with the aern.

As for your question.. huh? I always got a fuckton more tissue then anything else. I had to toss a bunch away cause Id never get any damn organs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've had this exact same problem... even when duoing with a THF I can't get any tissue to drop. Guess I'll go try the Om'Phaubos, can't be worse than anything else (0%).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

what i always did was kill the groups of mobs in sea. we call them the families because there is always 3 of them, i dont recall the actual name. in my experiences they drop the tissues the most. the "mother" of the group has a 100% drop rate on organ/tissue i believe, so what i would always do is sleepga the group. kill the main one asap, and depending on where i am in the zone, go down into sealions den, or rest to kill the others, that got me all my tissues/organs pretty fast.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

its prolly just a coincidence, but 80% of the tissues i've got have been from Aern's that reraised. It prolly makes no difference and is just a wierd fluke.

I had a lot of tissue back when I first got sea, but now I have enough organs for 2 more obis (fire and wind) but only 1 tissue. It's so annoying. The smns in my ls seem to get alot from the Euvhi's instead of the organs that they want (one has like 10 tissues and 3 organs).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    As for your question.. huh? I always got a fuckton more tissue then anything else.
    Same, I always found the drop rate on these to be better than most others.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    I had a lot of tissue back when I first got sea, but now I have enough organs for 2 more obis (fire and wind) but only 1 tissue. It's so annoying. The smns in my ls seem to get alot from the Euvhi's instead of the organs that they want (one has like 10 tissues and 3 organs).
    euvhi organs are a myth, up there with bigfoot and the loch ness monster.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    euvhi organs are a myth, up there with bigfoot and the loch ness monster.
    Amen to that. Me and BTB were 1/22 the only time we hunted them, whoever got highest lot on the first one gets the first five (me!). Can't bring myself to want to go back to them 'cause they're really annoying enemies.

"mother" squids always drop a squid organ, but the thing is, the squid organ (NQ one) is a placeholder for tissue, so on killing a mother squid you have about a 10% chance of getting a tissue instead of an organ.

But nothing beats garden aerns on tissue drop rate.

Edit: beaten by Desi, who was the one that told me about this in the first place.