Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Sage Sundi Interview Details

http://www.theorderls.com/bigkill.php

There is a new link to the transcript of our private 25minute interview. I'm posting this late, and i'm sure that there are multiple spelling errors that bert and I will touch up on.

Bert will be adding a front page update about this event with pictures, some jokes and more. Be on the look out for this.

Also at the end of sundi interview, bert will be adding his thoughts as well.

This interview page will be updated and corrected and added to by about wednesday or so.

EDIT: Also, someone please make links on other sites and spread the word. Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

exciting....i wonder what it's gonna be like in finished form

Old Merits
    BG Level

Berticus: The change that was made to when mobs pop when they can become claimed, that was a brilliant change. Almost every American player loves that so much and it's changed the game greatly. What was the rationale behind that, and when did you guys know about it?

Sundi: Actually we knew that problem maybe since a couple years ago. We still have the number one GM call as MPK, you know, "someone just killed me." We tried to change the GM policy and it didn't work. And then also, well, we changed the system how the monster pops. Still we have a lot of calls about MPK, so we'll make a change in the next patch, to change more. For example, in EQ2 there's no MPK at all. Once the monster's target is dead, it will move back to the original position, not aggroed to anybody. So we're not going to create it exactly the same as EQ2, but maybe we're going to post some thread in the forum somewhere to get more ideas. We've been talking to the Battle Team for around 2 months and we stilll didn't come up with any good ideas.
    wtf????? Did his answer have any revelance to the Q at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    Berticus: The change that was made to when mobs pop when they can become claimed, that was a brilliant change. Almost every American player loves that so much and it's changed the game greatly. What was the rationale behind that, and when did you guys know about it?

Sundi: Actually we knew that problem maybe since a couple years ago. We still have the number one GM call as MPK, you know, "someone just killed me." We tried to change the GM policy and it didn't work. And then also, well, we changed the system how the monster pops. Still we have a lot of calls about MPK, so we'll make a change in the next patch, to change more. For example, in EQ2 there's no MPK at all. Once the monster's target is dead, it will move back to the original position, not aggroed to anybody. So we're not going to create it exactly the same as EQ2, but maybe we're going to post some thread in the forum somewhere to get more ideas. We've been talking to the Battle Team for around 2 months and we stilll didn't come up with any good ideas.
    I had the same exact thoughts lol

"wtf?"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

i know... i followed that back up with a redirectional statement.

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Erza

i think they might be catastrophically confused. he actually said in the official Q&A that "the claim change failed somewhat because it didnt fix MPK," or something like that.

it seems like their motivation for the claim change was MPK (???) and if they didn't know anything about the ping discrepancy that deeply worries me.

lots of the questions were derailed (f*ck the world for no justice on question 7, i wanted to cry) but i'm really glad we got to talk with the dude. working on that stuff ondori mentioned now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

he does a good job of bullshitting answers with stuff like "ill look into it!"

i liked "if the dev team can beat it, maybe you need better gear"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ondori: Yeah, for example, if you have a SJ of WHM, so like RNG/WHM, and someone else has RDM/WHM, the RDM can't land spells better than the subjob. So a lot of people have wondered why there have been BRDs with SJ WHM landing silence or paralyze on Kirin, but a RDM can't. So a lot of people wonder if that part of the game is a little bit broken.
    Typo? I assume that was supposed to say RNG?

Old Merits
    BG Level

ROFL @ Mdn

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That does make me very curious about JoL though, if there is some secret to it that no one has figured out yet. I'd toss up some ideas but only 5 people in my LS even have Sea ; ;

I do like how ToAU is going to have Solo content though, I love solo stuff >.>

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Ondori: Yeah, for example, if you have a SJ of WHM, so like RNG/WHM, and someone else has RDM/WHM, the RDM can't land spells better than the subjob. So a lot of people have wondered why there have been BRDs with SJ WHM landing silence or paralyze on Kirin, but a RDM can't. So a lot of people wonder if that part of the game is a little bit broken.
    No he is asking why someone with a whm sub can land silence as well as a rdm main.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Nice interview, especially with the redirecting several times when he didn't seem to understand what you were asking (even though he still dodged alot)

my thoughts:
    -dynamis "tweaks" could be interesting
    -can't comment on any sea stuff
    -completely dodged the worm loot
    -expansion seems dissapointing with no real additions to end game exp areas / merit system--but the solo stuff could be interesting i guess

Overall I'm not sure what to think. The real problem seems to be that with the xbox360 release, they're expecting an influx of new players and want to accomidate them and have forgotten about the end game stuff, at least for the time being. I guess only time will tell.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    No he is asking why someone with a whm sub can land silence as well as a rdm main.
    Basically, why can a brd/whm land silence on Kirin randomly while a rdm will get resisted the majority of the time.

Any news about MWM?

Also, does this interview mean that they are not going to be adding a story line as in-depth as Chains of Promathia for the upcoming expansion?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Interesting interview.

About the "haijin playstyle" and competitive/spawn camping content vs. solo/casual content: Good call on SE's part. Let's face it, this is not a casual-friendly game in any way. If SE wants to steal any of the money hats the Blizzard folks are wearing, they're going to have to add more solo/casual-friendly content, and the ~10% of the playerbase that is hardcore enough to even get ONE job to 75 can go to hell. (Not that I agree with it, but that's the way things are )

About loot tables: Well, duh. Of course he wasn't sure -- he's a producer, not a developer.

Finally, LOL @ "you should come post on the bg forums"... are you crazy?

EDIT: I hereby claim page two in the name of Bahamut the Wyrm King!
    http://www.control-v.net/images/bahamut.jpg

it's not casual-friendly but it's also not endgame-friendly in that major parts of the endgame are retarded. and by saying "retarded" i dont mean that in an asshole way and im not trying to lash out; im just saying some of the way difficulty correlates w/ loot is completely retarded/backwards/makes no sense to anyone - not even sundi.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    it's also not endgame-friendly in that major parts of the endgame are retarded.
    I agree. They've been taking steps in the right direction though, hopefully they'll keep it up.

I'd like to see a representative from SE post on these forums to get our input regularly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

His "knowledge" of all things Lumoria was pretty frightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast