Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Temenos NM's...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Spend 80 million on a weapon to use dual axes
    [quote:4bee8]it'd cost her over 300m if she would buy all currencies from asura.

Coins = 30-50k -_-
    Well considering full upgrade is ABOUT 18,000 coins... you're looking at more like in the range of 540,000,000 - 900,000,000g.(yes.. almost 1 billion gil) Lol.. where you getting 80mil from?[/quote:4bee8]

Sue me my numbers are scewed at 2 AM 8)

Most people on my server buy currency from their Dynamis LS at a VERY reduced cost(4k if bought from LS bank), therefore yes, my first number I pulled out of my ass was a lot lower than it should have been. I appologize.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    what else does horn do exactly other than free up 15 inventory slots for a brd and extra MP on ballad ??
    For ls's that tank things with pld, they normally have 2xpld 1xrdm 1xbrd. Thats 6mp/tic, and its decent to hold up during things like wyrms. but anyone who uses this set up, imagine if brds only had ballad2, and refresh did not exist, so you are losing 4mp/tic. In short, it would no longer be possible to tank things w/ PLDs.

Thats what the relic horn adds.. 4 mp/tic. Try out some events with no refresh allowed, and no ballad 1 allowed.. then see how much easier it is when you allow those things, and you should be able to see how much of a difference the horn would make for the entire ls.

When melee's do a little less DMG, things take 20-30 min longer to die.

When mages run out of MP, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    what else does horn do exactly other than free up 15 inventory slots for a brd and extra MP on ballad ??
    For ls's that tank things with pld, they normally have 2xpld 1xrdm 1xbrd. Thats 6mp/tic, and its decent to hold up during things like wyrms. but anyone who uses this set up, imagine if brds only had ballad2, and refresh did not exist, so you are losing 4mp/tic. In short, it would no longer be possible to tank things w/ PLDs.

Thats what the relic horn adds.. 4 mp/tic. Try out some events with no refresh allowed, and no ballad 1 allowed.. then see how much easier it is when you allow those things, and you should be able to see how much of a difference the horn would make for the entire ls.

When melee's do a little less DMG, things take 20-30 min longer to die.

When mages run out of MP, you lose.
    The answer to every question in the game is PLD/NIN.

Period. PLD/NIN can live off of 3mp/tick.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    The answer to every question in the game is PLD/NIN.

Period. PLD/NIN can live off of 3mp/tick.
    Yah and every mob in the game can be defeated without any relic... i'd like to see any pld/nin's say 10mp/tick wont make it dramatically easier for the group than 3mp/tick.

Perhaps a PLD/NIN can live off of 3 MP/tick, like one can live off bread and water. I want filet mignon. Period.

Edit: I suck at French

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Perhaps a PLD/NIN can live off of 3 MP/tick, like one can live off bread and water. I want fillet minyon. Period.
    This is possibly one of the best sig-quotables ever posted. You win teh prize.

Black Belt
    BG Level

if you're going to quote it, it's spelled "Filet Mignon"

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just made Demetrios look smart. =D

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Lol ?? "Imagine if brd's only had ballad 2 and theres no refresh". Guess what hombre, this imaginary world of yours, it doesn't exist. There IS ballad 1+2 and there IS refresh.

Guess what...In this "imaginary" world of yours, /thf doesn't exist. That's right, Trick Attack is level 38 so your pld/nin's arent getting any hate assistance from melee/thf.

What relevance does that have to relic horn ?? As much relevance as an imaginary world with only 1 Ballad and no refresh....Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

Now, once again...what exactly does Gjallarhorn do other than an extra 2 ticks on ballad and free up 15 inventory slots for a bard ?? If thats the only thing that sets Gjallarhorn from everything else and deems it the "only relic worth upgrading", then relics seriously are a waste of time...unless I've completely missed something.

Black Belt
    BG Level

If thats the only thing that sets Gjallarhorn from everything else and deems it the "only relic worth upgrading", then relics seriously are a waste of time
    well at least you finally got it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you don't see why +2 to ballad is so good...then I don't think anyone can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    If you don't see why +2 to ballad is so good...then I don't think anyone can help you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Central Temenos NM's...

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    has anyone else cleared any other floors of central temenos yet? im anxious to see what trading the 3 chips from all 3 floors yields.
    My ls cleared central tower first floor. Enemies went from Vrtra Summons (Airi, Pey, etc) -> Enhanced Dragon -> Temenos Weapon -> Temenos Cleaner (spammed magic barrier -_-). Cleared it and got emerald chip? I think.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't know the first thing about bard, but does the +2 on the other songs (minuet/minne/march?) they all start with M but idk what the hell any of them do.... Does it boost them at all or is it just duration?

Added: Pretty sure at 10mp/tick that a PLD/NIN has a damn good chance of replacing a WHM in the party by curing others in the alliance too (wing spam/whateva), thereby letting the melees and mages go even more insane and more important get the fuck out of aery/attowa/wherever faster and back to more pitchfork events.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I don't know the first thing about bard, but does the +2 on the other songs (minuet/minne/march?) they all start with M but idk what the hell any of them do.... Does it boost them at all or is it just duration?
    always duration, sometimes potency.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

compared to:
    -add effect dmg from sword.
    -(rumored) 20hp/tick poison on dagger...problematic if your LS needs to sleep stuff, but if you need to consistantly sleep stuff, you have other things to worry about.
    -double light SkillChain that enhances MB damage (certain I read this in the Jaypee-Bravura thread, could of just been thunder weather).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the real topic we should be discussing is why the NM's name is Pee Qoho the Python.

Look at the screenshot that Russta posted, NynJa. He/she's dual wielding, not using that 300,000,000G Great Axe. There must be something lacking about it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

-double light SkillChain that enhances MB damage (certain I read this in the Jaypee-Bravura thread, could of just been thunder weather).
    We did 4-5 double lights on Fafnir last night and even though I have filters on, the BLMs were saying that their damage went up a bit. I don't know if it was extra burst damage or lack of resistance though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Look at the screenshot that Russta posted, NynJa. He/she's dual wielding, not using that 300,000,000G Great Axe. There must be something lacking about it.
    Our WAR said that he does more damage in exp parties and vs mobs that would normally die fast anyway with the Ridill/1h axe combo, but he like Bravura on HNMs so far. I guess he & Jaypee have to give us more info.